Well what a week!

friendzi

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Well what a week, mixed emotions? That’s an understatement, it started early January, my wife’s grandfather felt unwell, went to the doctors etc…etc…. nothing was done was given tablets for a bad back. He got worse and it turned out he had prostate cancer, In October me and my wife had our first child, The wife’s grandfather saw a lot of my little lad, we lived next door to him and his wife for two years but moved on in Jan, the man was very active, always taking our dog out for walks, did a lot for us both, I can’t believe how quick he deteriated, We decided to get my little lad christened so organisation went ahead. At this point it was unknown that the wife’s grandfather had prostate cancer, so as you can image, venue booked for christening, food organised invites sent, godparents asked, hugs given etc... Etc… Tuesday 1st may The wife’s grandfather dies at 9 in the morning, (RIP Dave). The Christening was happening the following Sunday 6th, This is the first death my wife’s side of the family have had within immediate family, was horrible, We discussed cancelling the christening but decided against it as my wife said all her grandfather could talk about before he dies was our little boy (lump to the throat). So we decided to go ahead, after all the tears and hugs of grief and upset came all the happiness and hugs of joy on Sunday for my little lads special day, We decided to give our little lad his great granddads name as a middle name to make it a bit more special, This has turned certain family members noses but how am I meant to say no to my wife after what has happened and how hard she has worked towards the christening. The day was brilliant everyone enjoyed themselves. Now back to grieving with the funeral this Thursday. Though I would share. It’s been a tough week; I hope the rest of the year works out better.

Back