Glastonbury Sunday

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Turns TV on:-

Debbie Harry and Blondie who knocked out some all time classics but Deb love, come on its time up darling at 77. How she got through the set without a p*ss break and remembering the songs plus were she was and her own name is beyond me.

Off she goes and who pops up next?, Happy go Larry Cat Stevens aged 76 who brought the show to a standstill literally, everyone was nodding off and most had never heard of half the tracks especially the all time classic "I love my dog"
He then announced "Here's my last song", and proceeded to do another 5 which at this point most of the crowd decided this was the perfect time to head for a p*ss pint and a burger and a nap.

I'm at this point thinking well at least Elton's on next even if he is 75. Now I can't honestly make a comment on the full performance because I turned it off when he started to pretend to be Mumbles from Dick Tracy followed by his Joe Biden impression.

It was clear he's suffering from some kind of mental illness and I didn't wanna spoil memories of him ripping it up years ago. The wife said he was good I never bothered.

So the last 3 acts had a combined age of 218, has Glastonbury turned into a show were they guess who's gonna pop their clogs next so let's get them on as quick as f**k so they can say well their last performance was at Glastonbury.

I'm sorry but that main pyramid stage was awful packed with geriatric musicans who's live show sell by date has well gone.

Turns TV on:-

Debbie Harry and Blondie who knocked out some all time classics but Deb love, come on its time up darling at 77. How she got through the set without a p*ss break and remembering the songs plus were she was and her own name is beyond me.

Off she goes and who pops up next?, Happy go Larry Cat Stevens aged 76 who brought the show to a standstill literally, everyone was nodding off and most had never heard of half the tracks especially the all time classic "I love my dog"
He then announced "Here's my last song", and proceeded to do another 5 which at this point most of the crowd decided this was the perfect time to head for a p*ss pint and a burger and a nap.

I'm at this point thinking well at least Elton's on next even if he is 75. Now I can't honestly make a comment on the full performance because I turned it off when he started to pretend to be Mumbles from Dick Tracy followed by his Joe Biden impression.

It was clear he's suffering from some kind of mental illness and I didn't wanna spoil memories of him ripping it up years ago. The wife said he was good I never bothered.

So the last 3 acts had a combined age of 218, has Glastonbury turned into a show were they guess who's gonna pop their clogs next so let's get them on as quick as f**k so they can say well their last performance was at Glastonbury.

I'm sorry but that main pyramid stage was awful packed with geriatric musicans who's live show sell by date has well gone.
Elton was brilliant mate for 76. Legend

I thought Elton did a great tbh and my wife and I really enjoyed the set.
Legend in my opinion and a dying breed in the music industry.

Thought EJ was outstanding, we were only going to watch beginning of set but watched it all. Loved Cat Stevens as well.
Ok I kinda get Elton even though I gave it a miss but Cat Stevens? at this point I have to beg to differ. I would sooner listen to nails down a blackboard than go through that again.
One lyric was
You can be you
You can be me
You can be anything thing you want to be

I wished to be deaf, didnt happen

Last edited:
I've thought he's been mumbling for years, and using backing singers to compensate for his ageing voice. I thought he did a great set of classic hits, for which he has many, but I think he has chosen a good time to call it a day.

IanB "Elton was brilliant mate for 76. Legend"
But that was the problem Ian "for 76"
Compared to in his prime it was poor.
I missed the Debbie Harry set and in a way I'm glad because I loved her and her music, think I'll keep remembering her by the LPs and CDs.

Back