VU+solo2 Mini.

Would you know why when I use clonesafe vix images it shows blackhole initially bootlogo and then openvix? any chance of removing it?

yes the splash screen is left from old image..backup images dont have the splash screen backed up.... you can either just flash just a vix splash screen from a vix image or using the image you have just flashed take a splash screen from a vix image add it to the image folder you have used and flash again.this time vix splash will appear.
splash screen is called "splash_cfe_auto.bin"just add it to a backup image you flashed.

Got my today...Great box..same as the Solo2...nothing change only there is no display...Got openpli on it...safe image i made...Working great...But still a shitty remote what comes with it...The remote i am going to replace by the beautiful Duo2 Remote you can buy for 20 Euros....But the price of this box is verry good,today i saw on fleebay a ad of a guy in London who sells them for 129.90 Pound,cheap i think!

Actualy i think this might be the replacement for the Populaire DMM800HD/se...Because of the power and the price!!Mutch quality for not so mutch money...Lets face it,the Solo2 clone was realy a little bit overpriced,some guys in Holland sold them for 280,- Euros!!!!Criminals,they are Criminals!
where can I buy the vu duo2 remote for 20 euro? i see onfor £25

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you know why when I use clonesafe vix images it shows blackhole initially bootlogo and then openvix? any chance of removing it?

you can create a bootlogo using
Dream Logo generator, or find some online, the bootlogo.mvi and backdrop.mvi is inside usr>share

where can I buy the vu duo2 remote for 20 euro? i see on ebay for £25

I bought a One for All (4 device) universal remote from amazon for £15 free delivery. Had to send it back to One for All to insert the Vu Solo 2 codes but only took a week and £1.50 to post it. Fantastic remote . very responsive and very well built. You can also buy them in Asda for £10 or £11 (2 devices) £13 or £14 (3 devices) .Not sure of exact price but basically the same remote as I have. If you go back down the vu solo 2 posts u should find on devoted to the remotes.

I wonder How u peoples can update image when there is no VFD display at front panel of Solo2 Mini . ??
How u get which process is working ? like reading usb , erasing etc ??

I wonder How u peoples can update image when there is no VFD display at front panel of Solo2 Mini . ??
How u get which process is working ? like reading usb , erasing etc ??

easy, insert USB, power on, press the power button a few times say 5 times, also get a USB stick with led on it, you will know its flashing when the usb led keeps flashing so its reading it, great box so far, running patched helios not a single crash for 2 weeks of use

is possible to install hdd 2.5 internal on vu solo2 mini ?¿

I saw this ad on a..exp.. A solo2 mini for 119 USD (with shipping 148 USD) i thought this was cheap...solo2mini.jpg

...But the price of this box is verry good,today i saw on fleebay a ad of a guy in London who sells them for 129.90 Pound,cheap i think!

This guy is now selling them for £115.00 (Pounds) including Uk postage...Wow!

easy, insert USB, power on, press the power button a few times say 5 times, also get a USB stick with led on it, you will know its flashing when the usb led keeps flashing so its reading it, great box so far, running patched helios not a single crash for 2 weeks of use

I can't update my solo 2 mini with this method, it doesn't start update process. Doesn't matter which usb, front or rear, still nothing happend.
My usb pen drive flashing few times, and after that normally starts my old image from flash...
Any suggestions ?

Regards

How can I test the fan of a Solo 2 Mini?
Received my box yesterday, flashed Openpli, but the fan is never spinning.
Is this normal?
(Can I messure the voltage on the 3 pin connector?)

Last edited:
How can I test the fan of a Solo 2 Mini?
Received my box yesterday, flashed Openpli, but the fan is never spinning.
Is this normal?
(Can I messure the voltage on the 3 pin connector?)

Hi , only used vix images, and fan should work from the start, with vix you can adjust speed to any speed you like

have a look to see if you have fc plugin installed if not look in feeds or elsewhere for a plugin called "fancontrol2" or any other fan control plugin.
ftp plugin ipk to temp folder and install on box.

@lombard openvix helios or openvix 3.0.8? Fancontrol is there already in the image?
@AJT tested fan on standalone 5v voltage, so fan is ok.
What settings do I need to use in Fancontrol2 to test my fan inside the box?
Tried many different things but fan will not spin.
Maybe a screenshot of your settings?
Thanks guys for your help.

@lombard openvix helios or openvix 3.0.8? Fancontrol is there already in the image?

Try a few settings in fc2 make sure it's on and both sliders are on max..keep messing till the fan works..
Failing that install other fan control from feeds and see if you can get things to work...if all else fails it has to be connections on board or something as you know fan works...

either vix 808 wont have plugins feed working not supported anymore or helios, which feeds working, even try apollo someone else posted here, with that the youtube app works great, will have plugins feed working,

its in settings, temperature control you can see the fan RPM reading and adjust speed etc, if it aint spinning, open the top lid and see if any wires aint in the way of the fan, or could be faulty fan or worse the connection is faulty on board ,

Back