VU+ Solo2 Flash repair Guide

joedoyan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guy's all I want to shere my experince with VU+ Solo2 Clone but it applies same thinks original as well.
few days ago my VU+ solo2 dead reason is downloading some ADONS.. that is all story start. so I complain the suppliers and I understand as usal no help at all just take some much time dig arround for simple answer.

Step1. I go to net sarch forums and i get some hints.
Step2 . I download BBS and they tools
Step3. I purchase simple Cypress USB development board.
Step4. Purchase 10PCS Samsung and 10PCS Toshiba NAD Flash Memory (I spoiled 5 off it)
Step5. I have all neceery tools for soldering and analyzing (I am an enginer that is my profession)
Step6. Rest All You Need Time and have todo debug system step by step understand what is going on.

Please take note that one NAD FLASH BOOT SECTORS ARE CORUPTED DUE OF THE BAD software intrupt and instruction I notice that NAD FLASH Can not be used unless WP (write protection bit disabled) which is unlikey BBS software does not do that. so you need better tools to recover NAD Flash Back. Such as universal progremers

Acording the others advise read again and again finaly fixing very easy only you need some experinces in soldering or you can ask some professional that solder TSOP48 Socket for future corupted NAD Flash Sectors.

So I did not worry how many NAD FLASH TO spoil but I want to know actual problem problem.. which is preety shure all is come from file alocation Managment size.

1. VU+ Solo2 Arttiecheture ALL Come from DM, only thinks that File alaocation Stack registery with FPGA or CPU what so ever instruction when is overflow bit insted of the skip writting it is writting on NAD Flash 0x00000000 registery without ereasing then naturely fused due of the corupted adress registery.

2. Results is DEAD VU+ Solo2. Crate 4 Difrent scane I do not have to go online make the system crash just simply. get image and I start to install locally ADONNS or Plugins when is NAD Flash Capacity reach 128MB start to having problem it is crushes any image over 128MB.. with the plugins.

Conclusion is FPGA Stack regiestery has problems that unleshed. and this area used as weakness of the colone and orginal, All original images I tested with colone it works fine once try to update problem ocours. but this is not for blocking system simply bad infrusture of handling read and write squance.

well finally that is it falks all my problem solve Now I am using Happly My colone VU+ Solo2 with Latest original image and my selected ADDONNS does Not execeed limit.

PS: please do not install backed up images definetly it will crash the NAD FLASH
if you realy want then use BBS tools Erase Your NAD FLASH. and put the primary stage you use for the BLANK NAD FLASH then use the USB Drive.

Good luck all

Back