TomTom on HP iPaq hw6515

calrod

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone got an ipaq hw6515? It comes with TomTom pre-loaded and a built-in GPS receiver (it's hidden behind the HP Logo apparently)

However during operation the performance on my ipaq seems really crap! It lags behind big time, so that when you turn a corner it takes a few seconds to catch up! I can accept a bit of lag but this is like 4 or 5 seconds behind!

Anyone else have similar problems?

is it the gps receiver thats taking time to find your position or is it your ipaq that is performing slow? does it go slow when you run other applications like internet, word, etc?

It only lags on the GPS, everything else is ok.

I checked on another forum and lots of people are complaining about it, but apparently HP refuse to regognise it as a fault, therefore I can only assume it is a feature!

Looks like I'll have to get an external antenna, never mind :-(

I have the same problem, If you adjust the memory to use more for applications then for storage it seems to help make it less noticable...

give it a try mate! before you get the antenna, if it dont help let us know if the antenna makes it any better :BLOBBY:

I have the same problem, If you adjust the memory to use more for applications then for storage it seems to help make it less noticable...

give it a try mate! before you get the antenna, if it dont help let us know if the antenna makes it any better :BLOBBY:

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it tommorrow and report my findings!

I m having similar problems. Try and free up your main memory and give it a go. Also see if you can get the maps to faster SD card

Hay,
I just upgraded the bios and it seemed to improve the gps seek times as it upgrades the gps quick connect too.

HP bios upgrade

make sure you check your version and try searching for specif updates for it

Let me know if it helps.

Jay77

Back