iPhone Apps TomTom U.K. & Ireland v1.9 - UPDATED 31/10/11 WORKING ON I0S5

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
Phone] TomTom UK & Ireland v1.9
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
Overview: The TomTom App. World-class TomTom navigation, on your iPhone or iPad
New to v1.9: Now iPad-optimized for a sharper, full screen view
*** Great reasons to choose the TomTom App for iPhone***

Only the TomTom App for iPhone can offer
- The quickest routes through traffic, proven. Powered by HD Traffic™ (1)
- Fewer speeding fines with real-time camera alerts via TomTom Speed Cameras (1)
- The most accurate TomTom maps in your pocket – no mobile signal needed
- Daily free map updates wherever you are, via Map Share™
- Reliable arrival times at all times of day with IQ Routes™
- Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone thanks to iOS Multitasking support
- Seamless integration with your iPhone contacts, photos, music, email and calendar.

*** FEATURES ***

GET THERE FASTER AND SMARTER
- Latest, updated TomTom Map
- Map Share
- IQ Routes
- HD Traffic (1)

FIND SHOPS AND BUSINESSES
- Local search Powered by Google™
- Millions of pre-installed POIs

STAY SAFE
- Fixed Speed Cameras pre-installed and updated with every App release (Free)
- TomTom Speed Cameras (Available via in-App purchase)(1)
- Lane guidance for complicated interchanges
- Clear voice instructions
- Announces street names (2)
- Help me! emergency menu
- Automatic music fading
- Multi-stop routes

MAKE THE MOST OF IPHONE
- iOS multitasking support(3)
- Seamless navigation while calling (iPhone 3GS/4 only)
- Background navigation instructions (iPhone 3GS/4 & iPod touch 3rd gen. only)
- Navigate-to-photo(4)
- Navigate-to-contacts
- Route sharing
- Departure reminder
- Destination dialing (iPhone only)

CUSTOMIZE YOUR APP
- Celebrity voices (Available via in-App purchase)
- Car symbols
- Map colors

*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
- GB, IE.

*** MORE INFORMATION ***
iPod touch 2nd gen. and higher require the TomTom car kit for iPod touch with its built-in GPS receiver. Buy the TomTom car kit: http://www.tomtom.com/car-kit
(1)Compatible with iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4.
(2)Announces street names in the following languages: English UK, English US, English Australian.
(3)Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
(4)Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.

What's New in Version 1.9
- OPTIMIZED FOR iPAD: Make the most of your iPad, with a full-screen display that shows you driving view and Advanced Lane Guidance images at the same time. Purchase connected services in-App or easily transfer your existing subscriptions (cellular connection required). When you want to go bigger, move your TomTom App to iPad.

- LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: Because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom App update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.

- IMPROVED INTERFACE: Your TomTom App is quicker and easier to use than ever. See driving view with one touch from anywhere, access guidance options in a tap, and switch between different route types more easily. It’s a simpler way to enjoy TomTom navigation on your iPhone or iPad.

iPHONE 3G USERS: THIS IS THE LAST VERSION OF THE TOMTOM APP FOR iPHONE THAT WILL FULLY SUPPORT YOUR DEVICE. You will be able to download and use the next version of the TomTom App but new features will not be available to you.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Filserve - Free lol

Filesonic - Free lol

New working verson i0s5
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Attachments

• mzl.rgnzxptn.320x480-75.jpg
    mzl.rgnzxptn.320x480-75.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Just updated through installous and it now no longer works. Great. The tomtom splash screen comes up then it crashes back out to the springboard. Really annoyed as I use this quite often. Any advise?

Ios5 jailbroken iPhone 4.

Re: TomTom U.K. & Ireland v1.9 - Update [Universal]

I've since tried both links you've posted and they all do the same, crash out at the splashscreen, just tried rebooting the device but still the same so for now

I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY IOS5 USER WITH A JAILBROKEN DEVICE INSTALL THIS UPDATE! (or at least backup your 1.8) :)

of course, any tips on how to get it working are welcome :)

Last edited:

ive just done the same mate and have the same results as you ,ill have to do some reading if there`s anything we can do as it should be compitable ffs ,

ive just done the same mate and have the same results as you ,ill have to do some reading if there`s anything we can do as it should be compitable ffs ,

glad its not just me then :) maybe its just a bad crack or something?

Downloaded via instalous, same problem, THEN found this thread! Funny how we never search for known problems and just update our software then look when it all goes wrong! Please post a reply if anyone finds a solution and I will if I find one. Thanks

Same problem here. Lucky I kept a copy of 1.8.

Downloaded via instalous, same problem, THEN found this thread! Funny how we never search for known problems and just update our software then look when it all goes wrong! Please post a reply if anyone finds a solution and I will if I find one. Thanks

Well I'm hoping biffo is still doing his homework lol. It must be jailbreak related as I can't find anything on google about it.

Found this forum when looking for 1.9 crash. I get the same issue but for those who need TomTom download the western Europe version from installous it does take more space up but thats ok for me with 32GB so maybe it will be ok for you too, but yeh it works fine and includes the UK.

I got a copy of uk/ ireland working perfect here, dont know the best way to upload it for u guys/girls

I got a copy of uk/ ireland working perfect here, dont know the best way to upload it for u guys/girls
is that on i0s5 mate as ive tried 4 different versions all doing the same ?

yes mate on my JB iphone 4 ios5

tell me if its ok ,as i said it did seem to upload pretty quick

Its ok then i take it ?

is that on i0s5 mate as ive tried 4 different versions all doing the same ?

I didn't try any due to the comments above, but skytel's IS working on my iPhone4 5.0 jailbroken. Woohoo, Thanks skytel.

yea the new link i found is working very well i like the fact u can have a car instead of the normal arrow, without messing around, u do have to pay for , traffic, voices, and speed cameras

Back