TMSoftcam Keyfile (Edited) TEST

Zorch

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been experimenting this afternoon... trying to ascertain exactly which keys are imperative to be included in the TMSoftcam Keyfile... and which keys are completely useless and can be deleted... the final result was very surprising...

The method I used to test the validity of the entries in the TMSoftcam Keyfile was to load a null (empty) softcam to the patch thus enabling me to confirm which channels were being decoded/opened by the keys embedded in the patch... and which channels were not...

I then went through all of the remaining channels that were not being decoded/opened by the embedded keys and I tested each of them with the key entry that was supposed to decode/open them... this was achieved by adding one key entry at a time to the null (empty) softcam and either keeping the entry or deleting it...

After I had gone through and tested all of the channels... editing out all of the superfluous key entries... what I was ultimately left with could only be described as a 'bare bones' TMSoftcam Keyfile... a file that has just 10 (ten) key entries...

I have attached the 'Edited' TMSoftcam Keyfile for you to test...

There's one more thing I must tell you about... when I was doing these tests something rather strange happened... I moved my dish to Hot Bird at 13.0°E and I loaded the null (empty) softcam to the patch... I selected the channel TV Globo and I turned around to my computer for a minute...

When I looked back at the TV the channel was on the screen... so I immediately assumed that the channel was being decoded/opened by the keys embedded in the patch... but when I checked in the null (empty) softcam... a new key entry had been added all by itself...

So I reloaded the null (empty) softcam from the USB flash drive... went onto another channel... then switched back to TV Globo... left it on for a minute and low-and-behold the same thing happened again... I tried this another 3 times and got exactly the same result... I can't fathom out why this happens...?

So if anyone wants to check-out this rather strange occurrence I have also attached the null (empty) softcam file... what I suggest you do is... load my 'Edited' TMSoftcam Keyfile then overwrite it with the null (empty) softcam... then go to TV Globo and see what happens... lol

Feedback on both subjects would be greatly appreciated...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again all,

TMSoftcam Keyfile (Edited) TEST

Added:
BISS/DCW
Re-arranged BISS/DCW
(easier to read/search/more user friendly)

Thanks to TechnomateMaker

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Zorch
Checked Empty Softcam key was empty. It was
Loaded Empty Softcam Key while on TV Globo, sure enough shortly it cleared.
Verified TV Globo was not FTA. Was Encrypted. It Was.
Checked other encrypted channels they were still clearing.
Its not only TV Globo that is opening after Empty key is loaded it all key in previous Softcam. So keys are not being cleared.

Hi jaymes,

Checked other encrypted channels they were still clearing.
Its not only TV Globo that is opening after Empty key is loaded it all key in previous Softcam...

Did you read this part of my post mate...?

The method I used to test the validity of the entries in the TMSoftcam Keyfile was to load a null (empty) softcam to the patch thus enabling me to confirm which channels were being decoded/opened by the keys embedded in the patch... and which channels were not...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Zorch

Got it, did not realize loading empty patch did not clear all keys.

All the best
jaymes

the technomate receivers are actually able to AU their own softcam files for some services, off the top of my head, i cannot think where this option is, or even if its within an hidden menu

the technomate receivers are actually able to AU their own softcam files for some services, off the top of my head, i cannot think where this option is, or even if its within an hidden menu

Menu - Installation - Option.

Is this what your looking for Digi

Last edited:
There are a lot of keys inside the hidden menu of the TM's that other receivers do not have this includes some Biss keys in the OFF part of the Biss menu & some of the Scandinavian National tv channels on Astra 4A @ 4.8 east for Sweden,Norway & Denmark,

All of these are invisible to the user so it would not surprise me that there is a lot more to the CAS menu than meets the eye in the TM's as Zorch is now decovering :D

the ng2 au key will be buried in the patch and thats why it au,s when the control word changes, the csat,tntsat and viasat n*s keys aswell. ive noticed that sic-int still wont clear even though its via 2.3 as mezzo is which clears. is there a way to edit the softcam via remote on the tm5402hd like the old tm1500 series as with my DR-HD F15 i can find a way unless im missing something,regards mdt

with the patch enabled, press mute then exit to enter the softcam screens

Hi again all,

Perhaps I may not have explained myself clear enough in my original post...

I will attempt to clarify as to exactly what I was asking members to try...

1/ Go to Hot Bird at 13.0°E

2/ Select any free-to-air channel

3/ Load the 'Edited' TMSoftcam TEST Keyfile

4/ Overwrite the 'Edited' TMSoftcam TEST Keyfile with the null (empty) softcam

5/ Select channel TV Globo

6/ Wait for the channel to clear

7/ Press 'Mute' then 'Exit' and look what has been added into the null (empty) softcam

This is the strange occurrence I have never seen happen before...

I hope this clarifies...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again all,

Perhaps I may not have explained myself clear enough in my original post...

I will attempt to clarify as to exactly what I was asking members to try...

1/ Go to Hot Bird at 13.0°E

2/ Select any free-to-air channel

3/ Load the 'Edited' TMSoftcam TEST Keyfile

4/ Overwrite the 'Edited' TMSoftcam TEST Keyfile with the null (empty) softcam

5/ Select channel TV Globo

6/ Wait for the channel to clear

7/ Press 'Mute' then 'Exit' and look what has been added into the null (empty) softcam

This is the strange occurrence I have never seen happen before...

I hope this clarifies...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

As stated it has au option on I expect.

tried both suggestions on my DR-HD F15 but still a no go... it must be set up different to the tm5402hd although the hardware is 90% the same. to enter the biss menu you press red and the c**am/newcamd green,regards mdt

Back