TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ (new Original Software release)

From a selfish point of view, will lack of updates affect cccam/newcamd patches in the future.
I flogged my spiderbox for a Technomate last year and not regretted it, I find it much more user friendly(apart from most un-ergonomic remote control ever)
I also find members on this forum much more forthcoming compared to some of Darkman's sidekicks on that forum of theirs.

I have a Spiderbox 9000 combo, a TM5402 and TM5302. I cant in honesty I find a lot of differences between the 9000 and 5402 (the 5302 is a very much cut down budget version of the 5402).
I certainly would not sell my Spiderbox 9000 in order to buy a TM as the software support for the TM range nowadays is rapidly becoming a joke, as to the staff on other forums I really cant comment.
I have spent a lot of time helping members on the forum you are posting about and have not had any complaints about myself what others do is not my problem.
If the other forum seems a bit on the hard side with some posters them it's down to some fairly malicious attacks by a few members (dealers) posing as customers and trying to rubbish what are in truth very well made receivers.
My 9000 combo is 18 months old and working a treat using two lines, I likewise have no complaints about my TM5402, the 5302 is a different kettle of fish.

Hi Jimi,

I'm sorry but the dark Site was never good to their forum members. i have been there for many years and the admins are like the gestapo. Do not act like they are so good over there. if you try to pose an intelligent question you get kicked out. if you are pointing out a fault of the admin you are kicked out. if you do something "they" don't like you are kicked out. This is the worst ever forum I ever have met. Since i moved here I have met very nice people. I could always tell what was on my mind. Maybe I kicked someone his ass in here but on DW you can tell whatever you want if you have story to tell. Even old stupid discussions that went from the Dark board here were tolerated and we all had a good laugh all together. Everybody in here is entitled with their Opinions without banning or kicking or whatever the admin pleases ....

I hope you understand a lot of good people got fed up with that stuff over there. (And it had nothing to do with the spider stuff believe me)

Don't take this pers. But it is my experience I had over there was not positive...

i remember talks about SSSP and newcamd, etc .... Djees you just had to type newcamd and you were banned lol. or SKY UK
SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SSSP SSSP SSSP SSSP ... lol well anyway you get the point eh..

I do not own a spiderbox and I can imagine it has some good points compared to TM. My fav is still a gen. dreambox though ...

If TM paching goes 'Down' it is because of TM not giveing proper support anymore I guess. but not because of a "war" within ....

Last edited:
Hi Jimi,

I'm sorry but the dark Site was never good to their forum members. i have been there for many years and the admins are like the gestapo. Do not act like they are so good over there. if you try to pose an intelligent question you get kicked out. if you are pointing out a fault of the admin you are kicked out. if you do something "they" don't like you are kicked out. This is the worst ever forum I ever have met. Since i moved here I have met very nice people. I could always tell what was on my mind. Maybe I kicked someone his ass in here but on DW you can tell whatever you want if you have story to tell. Even old stupid discussions that went from the Dark board here were tolerated and we all had a good laugh all together. Everybody in here is entitled with their Opinions without banning or kicking or whatever the admin pleases ....

I hope you understand a lot of good people got fed up with that stuff over there. (And it had nothing to do with the spider stuff believe me)

Don't take this pers. But it is my experience I had over there was not positive...

i remember talks about SSSP and newcamd, etc .... Djees you just had to type newcamd and you were banned lol. or SKY UK
SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SSSP SSSP SSSP SSSP ... lol well anyway you get the point eh..

I do not own a spiderbox and I can imagine it has some good points compared to TM. My fav is still a gen. dreambox though ...

If TM paching goes 'Down' it is because of TM not giveing proper support anymore I guess. but not because of a "war" within ....

What can I say? I was always treated as a welcome member over there and simply joined in helping other members, later I was made a moderator and have made ~9000 posts helping members. I can name other members who have helped just the same as I did and still do, when it comes down to SKY EVERY forum has to tread carefully or risk ending up in court so if questions on certain subjects get banned well thats just to protect the forum.
What everyone must remember is were all different people with differing tolerances, some will end a post or thread as soon as it verges into dangerous area's others will try to nudge the topic onto safer ground.

I'm chosing not to get drawn into all this after my DREADFUL experiences - but I do see where our friend - and I MEAN friend, Jimi is coming from here!!
Well said mate - and I've always found DM to be very fair to ME in the past:Biggrin2:

Last edited:
I've met Darkman several times and his enthusiasm for the satellite scene has always impressed me, also his willingness to help whenever he could with any problem. Now as for the forum I would say the actions taken when a post appears on a risky or banned topic is a bit heavy handed but is done to protect the forum from legal action.
Having said that I question could the poster have been handled a little better and many times I do agree the actions taken were heavy handed when maybe a PM to the poster pointing out that his/her post had breached the forums rules OR was likely to attract or incite members with their own agenda to add their comments and further encourage adverse posts could have made it clear as to why action was taken.
Well what can you say but maybe the admin feel that they dont have sufficient time to contact the poster with an explanation but many times I and others have PM'd a poster to try and "nip things in the bud"
Sorry I cant answer for the admin but for me Darkman is one of the good guys.

Hi Jimi, at least a honest answer which I can understand and it is indeed true what you are stating. But why on earth did darksite let the admins go rampage on good intel. users which had questions and had good ideas. This is what it made so negative and that is why many left... That is really a pitty !
And I understand that some info should be handled with care... thanx for yr honest answer.

Back