TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ (new Original Software release)

Compass uesed to help key and also for SSP, never been patch maker m8

Sorry mate, but I thought that for a very short time between Magic and Phantom, that Compass undertook the Technomate patches, just before he went over to Spiders - but I apologise if my mega old memory has deserted me mate - it wont be for the first time!! lol!!!:BLOBBY:

xxxxxxx, Spot on (tm=patchmaker),
I have been seeing released patches to fix like for example Sky uk, bisfr and Télésat and Tv Vlaanderen and so on (original sub) on different types of TM receivers and I even got patches(this is really true) from other sources without phantom branding or Magic branding in the info menu but def. patch firmware with emu functions.( this did only happen some couple of times but well it proves something i guess)
AND THEN 1 Week or 2 weeks after testing this 'PRE-released' EMU patches the original TM NON-EMU firmware came out with a fix. At least this is very funny eh ....
Also the old TM-Download section had Darkmanloader and patches into their Directories .... (not anymore) .

I do not want to offend anyone by stating this but I just wanna help drawing a conclusion. Indeed we are not stupid.

Also every firmware is signed, you cannot edit the firmware like a noob. otherwhise we would have seen a lot of clones of tm already...
(they are prob. manufactured "there" to cut productioncost ... lol )

Anyway, even if we are 100% spot on stating this it does not help us any further. I would suggest to copy all this threads to the 'rant' section of DW. It would be a huge amount of data already ;)

it would be nice to get on track and give some proper TM support instead of all this blablabla. Well you all understand what I mean to say here.

Last edited:
its all about money, and only mugs like me work for free (used to)

as pointed out, since another forum that used to sell loads of TM receivers stopped releasing the patches, they have slowly gotten worse, so in my mind, one of 2 things happened

the people paying for the patches changed, or the people creating the patches changed

either way, its the owners of the receivers that have been losing out

theres only one way to fix this in my mind, and thats either to start paying whatever used to be paid, or get whoever used to create them back

a downwards spiral ALWAYS ends in nothing, no matter how long it takes, and this has been happening for long enough now, surely the people at the top of TM must see a decline in sales due to the lack of proper support in 3rd party software, which is the main reason people buy them, otherwise theyd all be buying technisat freesat receivers to drive their dishes and give them an epg as well

A few years back I was using Neotion receivers, these were well supported and somehow I ended up talking to the patch maker (over the net not face to face), he confided to me who was paying for the patches and the fact that they had stopped paying him. From that point on support dwindled down to just softcams but in truth anyone can copy and paste into a softkey there's no skill in that, but patches are of a different order of difficulty.
There's an old saying my father often used "You gets what you pay for" and unless patch makers get paid for their efforts we will end up with nothing useful, now I'm not saying who should pay the patch maker BUT having been involved in manufacturing I do know the profits margins involved and some could (and should) go towards software support.
A decent software engineer is worth paying, he cant be expected to work for free, like everyone else he/she has everyday living expenses, mortgage, food to buy exactly like the rest of us as it says "you pay peanuts you get monkeys".
The TM range of receivers has been well respected in the past but their reputation is being spoiled by erratic software support and if I was involved with TM I would be getting a little worried by the current unrest amongst their customers.
Another old saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" or maybe The Who said it better "Wont get fooled Again"
TM please your comments are welcome.

Yes Jimi - my old dad once told me 'you dont get ANYTHING for nothing - so maybe we've all been too pampered & spoiled all these years with 'free' channels WITHOUT paying for them, whether we've used smartcards we could program, cams, ecms, etc etc - all for 'educational purposes' or whatever?:drink:

To be honest the decline started when TM fell out with Darkman and it all went down hill from there.

Spot on mate - thats EXACTLY when it all went pear shaped!!:littleang

29th March 2010 Personal message from Magic - Technomate Users please read
Darkman has given me the opportunity to join the Spider Team. This will give me the chance to work with new generation receivers. Unfortunately the Technomate receivers are no longer able to keep up with the new technology available on more advanced chipsets. For this reason, I will no longer be able to provide any new patches for technomate receivers. Thanks to all you Technomate users for all your support in the past, it has been a pleasure, but it is now time to move on.
Please understand that it is Technomate who are ultimately responsible for the support of their receivers. Technomate has made quite a sum of money from their receivers, but it has been left solely to me to carry this burden of support for some time. I can no longer support such a wide range of their receivers without sufficient help. I have therefore decided to join a dedicated and talented team of patchmakers for the spiderbox receivers where I will not be expected to do everything myself.
Thank you for your understanding

29th March 2010 Personal message from Magic - Technomate Users please read
Darkman has given me the opportunity to join the Spider Team. This will give me the chance to work with new generation receivers. Unfortunately the Technomate receivers are no longer able to keep up with the new technology available on more advanced chipsets. For this reason, I will no longer be able to provide any new patches for technomate receivers. Thanks to all you Technomate users for all your support in the past, it has been a pleasure, but it is now time to move on.
Please understand that it is Technomate who are ultimately responsible for the support of their receivers. Technomate has made quite a sum of money from their receivers, but it has been left solely to me to carry this burden of support for some time. I can no longer support such a wide range of their receivers without sufficient help. I have therefore decided to join a dedicated and talented team of patchmakers for the spiderbox receivers where I will not be expected to do everything myself.
Thank you for your understanding

Just about sums the situation up, thanks to XXXXXX for this post everything is clearer now.

Hi again all,

This post has now disappeared from the download centre... but when you click on the link you get this...

Á¸ÀçÇÏÁö ¾Ê´Â ±ÛÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

I tried a translation on freetranslation.com from Korean to English... but it would not translate... but when I knocked the full-stop off the end... I got this...

Original text:
Á¸ÀçÇÏÁö ¾Ê´Â ±ÛÀÔ´Ï´Ù

Translate: Korean > English

Translation:
the aspirations of all the aspirations of all Challow clang - - - Jam-chul - President Tran Duc Luong Cameras - - - jam all Chinese jam

Do you think that this is some kind of subtle message left by one of the engineers/coders... and if it is what do you think it means...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Wierd, I just did it in Babylon translate and it says

2006: A A C Bahasa Malaysia Cup I A referee E 3-4 win Team A U A team coach O Riyadh: group I U Germany. ??

From a selfish point of view, will lack of updates affect cccam/newcamd patches in the future.
I flogged my spiderbox for a Technomate last year and not regretted it, I find it much more user friendly(apart from most un-ergonomic remote control ever)
I also find members on this forum much more forthcoming compared to some of Darkman's sidekicks on that forum of theirs.

Back