TM-2T freezing problem. Please help!

Can you explain this further, please?

Do you mean that the lnb needs replacing or the wires coming from it?

Also, the £1 trial server had 40 something shares available compared to my previous one which only had 9 but still ended up freezing! I hope I can find a better server. I don't kind paying premium amount for a premium service.

hello
kanwar

can you till me more about the install you had ie did a guy come and put a box in and it all seamed to work or a guy came and work'd at the dish and all seamed to work etc, the more info you can give the better, no matter how small a part is it still is a part and ill be able to help you better with all info.
best way of explaning how it work's with out going into to much detail is: you have your box connected to a sky dish witch is bringing in a code along side the pic/sound witch has to line up with a code from the net, part 2 you are connected to a server witch is giving the code needed for both to combine and open the channels you want.
so wot can happen is that your lnb can be old and it wont switch as fast as it should or the skew of the lnb is not set right slowing the switching of the lnb, i liked digidudes post because of the part about servers, that was 100% the part i dont arge with is when he said if you change the 2 feds over and you get the same that its ok, thats not even close, the horn could be cracked, the skew can be off a tad, there could be a bad connection at lnb or at stb, there are many more variables, so please let me know as much as possible as you can about your set up and im sure well get you sort'd :)

hello
kanwar

can you till me more about the install you had ie did a guy come and put a box in and it all seamed to work or a guy came and work'd at the dish and all seamed to work etc, the more info you can give the better, no matter how small a part is it still is a part and ill be able to help you better with all info.
best way of explaning how it work's with out going into to much detail is: you have your box connected to a sky dish witch is bringing in a code along side the pic/sound witch has to line up with a code from the net, part 2 you are connected to a server witch is giving the code needed for both to combine and open the channels you want.
so wot can happen is that your lnb can be old and it wont switch as fast as it should or the skew of the lnb is not set right slowing the switching of the lnb, i liked digidudes post because of the part about servers, that was 100% the part i dont arge with is when he said if you change the 2 feds over and you get the same that its ok, thats not even close, the horn could be cracked, the skew can be off a tad, there could be a bad connection at lnb or at stb, there are many more variables, so please let me know as much as possible as you can about your set up and im sure well get you sort'd :)

Thanks very much for advice. I've managed to resolve this.

It was a dodgy Ethernet powerline adapter, ffs. Lol.

Thanks, everyone.

Thanks, everyone.

Glad you are sorted mate, and did say I could be wrong :D

Thanks, everyone.

happydays glad you got it sort'd :dance::dance:

Glad you are sorted mate, and did say I could be wrong :D

hay wizz most people are wrong most of the time but there are not so many times you see some one knowing there wrong especially these days :goodpost::ur the man:

The funny thing is that permanent timeshift also gives me a stutter (have it disabled now). Previously I thought that was the sole cause because when I would turn it off it would sort things out. However, eventually the stuttering/freezing happened without PTS on

I am currently not getting the latter as PTS is off.

This is quite puzzling, I know :)

I can assure you guys I'm not making this up. Lol.

hello
kanwar

OK guys, so the guy who set the box/LNB up for me is being a p***k and ignoring me. I have tried different servers and a problem still remains.

I'll try and give as much info as possible so if you guys could help me resolve this i'd be very grateful.

1. The guy who came installed a quad LNB to the sky dish (which is about 10-12 years old) and took an extra wire (there was one already) to the downstairs room. I have two wires going into the back of my TM-2T

2. I am connected to a server through the internet, on my TM-2T box, which gives me the channels (cccam).

3. Signal strength is geenrally good (usually at least 70%) and I don't ever get a 'tune failed' message or anything like that.

4. What I have done for the moment is I have formatted the internal HDD in the tm-2t. I then installed VIX image 685 (latest) and have not installed any plugsins etc apart from cccam .ipk file to run the CS.

I haven't downloaded EPG or used the built in AutoBouqetMaker yet either.

Currently, the freezing problem only seems to exist with Sky News HD although I suspect it will spread again.

Steps I have taken so far:

1. Checked HDMI cable (fine)

2. Checked different servers (same issue happens) and with server providers. They say there is no issue.

3. Changed over the feeds at the back.

4. Disabled 'frozen check' in softcam manager (made no difference).

5. Changed ethernet powerline adapters. (No issue with those i'm sure). Also, the internet only sounds encryption which is a few kb right?

6. HELP!

Please.

Thanks.

Signal strength should be a bit better m8,your dish might be a little out of alignment

Signal strength should be a bit better m8,your dish might be a little out of alignment

I was aware of the signal strength before but I did not think that was the problem as FTA HD channels work perfectly and I have never had even the smallest glitch with them.

What do you guys think?

I was aware of the signal strength before but I did not think that was the problem as FTA HD channels work perfectly and I have never had even the smallest glitch with them.

What do you guys think?

It's a hard one to pin down tbh m8,if it's just premium then it either has to be your share or your Internet,

What results do you get if you do a ping test

www.pingtest.net

It's a hard one to pin down tbh m8,if it's just premium then it either has to be your share or your Internet,

What results do you get if you do a ping test

www.pingtest.net

Yes, you're right.

Doing a ping test (with my homeplugs) gives a ping of anywhere between 30-45ms and a jitter of between 3-12ms.

Isn't the internet involved in sending the encryption only a small file (cccam.cfg) or am I understanding this wrong?

Thanks....

Yes, you're right.

Doing a ping test (with my homeplugs) gives a ping of anywhere between 30-45ms and a jitter of between 3-12ms.

Isn't the internet involved in sending the encryption only a small file (cccam.cfg) or am I understanding this wrong?

Thanks....

That's not bad tbh but what about packet loss?

That's not bad tbh but what about packet loss?

I'm unable to test packet loss on pingtest.net (due to a java issue) but I have tested on the following site, pinging New York servers:

MegaPath Speed Test Plus | Test Your Broadband Quality & Speed

0% Packet Loss is what i'm getting.

I'm disappointed with these homeplugs though (tp link pa 211). I used to get full speed of 25mbps with them (I'm on fibre) but download speed is down to a few megs now!

Any more ideas?

I don't have the means to test with a cable directly at the moment. Unfortunately we were the victims of burglary and all laptops, pc's etc have been taken :-(

Forget these sites that do speedtest and ping test as they are only a rough estimate anyway, you should really be doing the test via a /cmd type this will give you a correct packet loss for your connection

tm800 keeps crashing.any ideas?thanks

Suggest you start your own thread as this one is for the TM-2T-0E totally different to the TM800, maybe stop off at the introduction thread on the way.

Forget these sites that do speedtest and ping test as they are only a rough estimate anyway, you should really be doing the test via a /cmd type this will give you a correct packet loss for your connection

Thanks for the tip, mate.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Owner>ping Google

Pinging Google [62.24.155.242] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 62.24.155.242: bytes=32 time=37ms TTL=56
Reply from 62.24.155.242: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=56
Reply from 62.24.155.242: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=56
Reply from 62.24.155.242: bytes=32 time=41ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 62.24.155.242:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 33ms, Maximum = 41ms, Average = 36ms

C:\Users\Owner>ping BBC - Homepage

Pinging BBC - Homepage [212.58.244.70] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 212.58.244.70: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=53
Reply from 212.58.244.70: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=53
Reply from 212.58.244.70: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=53
Reply from 212.58.244.70: bytes=32 time=36ms TTL=53

Ping statistics for 212.58.244.70:
Minimum = 33ms, Maximum = 36ms, Average = 34ms

C:\Users\Owner>ping 192.168.1.1

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 10ms, Average = 5ms

Ping statistics for 64.4.11.42:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\Owner>ping Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test

Pinging Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test [74.209.160.10] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.209.160.10: bytes=32 time=196ms TTL=54
Reply from 74.209.160.10: bytes=32 time=201ms TTL=54
Reply from 74.209.160.10: bytes=32 time=198ms TTL=54
Reply from 74.209.160.10: bytes=32 time=196ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 74.209.160.10:
Minimum = 196ms, Maximum = 201ms, Average = 197ms

C:\Users\Owner>

A rough estimate is better then no estimate to begin with,plus not every user would know how to use the cmd prompt, so it's a good starting point ;)

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk 2

OK guys, so the guy who set the box/LNB up for me is being a p***k and ignoring me. I have tried different servers and a problem still remains.

I'll try and give as much info as possible so if you guys could help me resolve this i'd be very grateful.

1. The guy who came installed a quad LNB to the sky dish (which is about 10-12 years old) and took an extra wire (there was one already) to the downstairs room. I have two wires going into the back of my TM-2T

2. I am connected to a server through the internet, on my TM-2T box, which gives me the channels (cccam).

3. Signal strength is geenrally good (usually at least 70%) and I don't ever get a 'tune failed' message or anything like that.

4. What I have done for the moment is I have formatted the internal HDD in the tm-2t. I then installed VIX image 685 (latest) and have not installed any plugsins etc apart from cccam .ipk file to run the CS.

I haven't downloaded EPG or used the built in AutoBouqetMaker yet either.

Currently, the freezing problem only seems to exist with Sky News HD although I suspect it will spread again.

Steps I have taken so far:

1. Checked HDMI cable (fine)

2. Checked different servers (same issue happens) and with server providers. They say there is no issue.

3. Changed over the feeds at the back.

4. Disabled 'frozen check' in softcam manager (made no difference).

5. Changed ethernet powerline adapters. (No issue with those i'm sure). Also, the internet only sounds encryption which is a few kb right?

6. HELP!

Please.
hello
kanwar

its defentaly your dish m8, if you would just get some who knows wot there do to look at it, wot happens is alot of people out there working a dish's etc and dont have any training so wot them people tend to do is just take your singal lnb off and put the quad lnb on and dont line the dish and thats the problem your sue is off and your lat, if you get that guy to line the dish as he should have all will be good, he should not charge you for this as it should have been right before he left, if he look's money till him to f**k off and get some one that knows wot there doing.
Thanks.

What do you guys think?
as iv said in a post #21 you need a code from the dish that will match up with the code from server and thats why its only the pay channels that are frezzing!

Yes, you're right.

Thanks....
that ping test is very good i wish mine was as good as that, the general rule when testing your is if your ping is under 70ms then your internet is fine for using a pay server, mine is 85 and still dont get any frezzing and iv seen guys running on 100-120 ms and not having any frezzing, 30-45ms is sweat and im not sure why wizz hasnt said that already????? ( ANYONE WITH A BOX THATS RUNNING WITH NO FREZZZING DO THAT TEST AND LETS US KNOW WOT YOUR GETTING ;) ) look you can keep going over your internet thats upto you if you want to waste your time or you can just get the dish looked at and sort the problem its up to you but im out, dont like saying the same thing over and over and over...........................

Last edited:
Back