The worst discs I've ever used.

It looks like the discs are fussy to say the least, I'm not gonna bother sending them back as they are burning fine in the 110D, but the 112 fooking hates them :(

@ mxwizard, I have a 1st gen 360 mate, still going strong and still not banned :)

mxwizard, I have a 1st gen 360 mate, still going strong and still not banned :)

same as m8... well my son actually uses my release day console... I couldn't resist upgrading to the elite for the 120gb hdd and hdmi port lol....aaaaannnndd...guess what I went and purchased?... again, an impulse thing but couldnt resist as I collect consoles lol....

http://news.filefront.com/limited-edition-simpsons-xbox-360-going-for-over-400000-on-ebay/

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/10/microsoft-unveils-limited-edition-simpsons-themed-xbox-360/

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/10/the-limited-edition-simpsons-xbox-360/

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13465/The-Simpsons-Limited-Edition-Xbox-360-Picture/

I use datawrite yellow d/l 2.4 speed @ 16 for 25. Not had a bad burn yet, thats from local shop.

The best disks to use and the cheepest are Aone dl. You can burn them a 6X without any issues and are full-face printable. I never get coasters from them so what more could you ask for...??

I usually always buy Aones, but SVP were showing 'out of stock' whwn i went to order. :(

i burnt a game for my lad useing a ridisc dl and he siad it worked till he went 4 a pee ..come back and the disk is scratched and comin up carnt read disc on 360.....

thing is wen i gave it him tonite it was spot on no scratches at all pluss i did one after and had a look at the disk and thats spot on as well no scratches at all...

there was no scratches on it befor i gave it him tonight

never mined

I have 1st 360, been using mirror discs, the only problem i have, but this is with original discs as well, if i have it up vertical, discs get warped, so i have to have it lying down :p

well I used to use Aones from SVP and done well over 100+ games and all fine using pioneer 112, but then ordered another 60 about 2 months ago and got a few clean disc errors, looked at the reviws and other people had the same, it was like the quality was worse than the batch I had before. I know use Verbatim and are flawless... Ive got 60 Aones in the cupoard might open a fresh pack and try some again though. But Verbatims are the daddy!!!!! (dear but good|)

well I used to use Aones from SVP and done well over 100+ games and all fine using pioneer 112, but then ordered another 60 about 2 months ago and got a few clean disc errors, looked at the reviws and other people had the same, it was like the quality was worse than the batch I had before. I know use Verbatim and are flawless... Ive got 60 Aones in the cupoard might open a fresh pack and try some again though. But Verbatims are the daddy!!!!! (dear but good|)

I reckon i got the same batch a few months ago mate, usually i get 100% success with Aone, but the last batch was about 60-70%

I have 1st 360, been using mirror discs, the only problem i have, but this is with original discs as well, if i have it up vertical, discs get warped, so i have to have it lying down :p

yeh no what yr sayin mate...ive just bin and got 25 mirrors and with clone they burn spot on....

they do look a little on the thin side to me and that prob why the warpe...i always have the 360 flat anyway and told my son to do the same with his as well.....

? so how much are 25 verbatim disks then..

anyone

so how much are 25 verbatim disks then..

anyone

not for the faint hearted m8 lol...

printable.... £36.99

http://svp.co.uk/product/verbatim_dvd_plus_r_24x_photo_printable_double_layer_3435_box

non printable.... £34.90 although they sell these in 10's at £13.96

http://svp.co.uk/product/verbatim_dvd_plus_r_24x_double_layer_(43562)_3436_box

You also have to be a little careful when purchasing these as some are made in Singapore(the ones you would want) and some are made in India(the ones you want to avoid ;) lol)...the build quality of the good ones from Singapore are in my opinion the best duel layer money can buy but the dodgy ones from India??....well...NUFF SAID ;) lol

There is very little stock of the singapore discs floating around in Europe now apparently....probably because the best is usually always going to be in short supply and you can bet your bottom dollar that its the 360 backup scene that has fueled this shortage ;) lol

think ill stick to Ridisc lol £19.99 for 25 at the comp shop up the road from me.

by the way WHSMITHS do the DL verbatim sin then today wen in town only they was i think £14.99 for 10

only asking cuss me ridisc's take 50 min's to burn lol at 2.4 speed..still doss a good burn

cheers mate

Last edited:
LOL....I'm not knocking other discs m8 it's a personal preference thing...Yet Again LOL. A lot of people also say that the cheaper discs put extra strain on the laser aswell m8 although I couldnt comment on that as I've used Verbs from day 1... well I say day 1... on day 1 I did also try ridisc extreme and got 6 straight coasters and maxell gave 2 coasters out of 5 so I went out and bought Verbs and not looked back since :)

I've burnt everything at x4 using only clonecd and it takes around 24 minutes. I've never even tried imageburn as clonecd does the job just great for me ;)

I use both aone and verbs. Aone are a very good cheap alternative to verbs. I burn at top speed, and so far no coasters. As for laser issues, this has always been said since the original PS1, and yes after years of abuse the laser does go. But who cares. You can get a 360 for £150 these days, or even just buy a new drive. I think a fecked laser is a small price to pay for multitudes of games.

After looking at a few forums months ago, I tried out the Aones from SVP and to date not had one coaster, up to appx 150 now, ...fingers crossed

I use both aone and verbs. Aone are a very good cheap alternative to verbs. I burn at top speed, and so far no coasters. As for laser issues, this has always been said since the original PS1, and yes after years of abuse the laser does go. But who cares. You can get a 360 for £150 these days, or even just buy a new drive. I think a fecked laser is a small price to pay for multitudes of games.

LOL...why part with a 150 dots when you can buy a replacement laser for under 15 quid ;)

Thats why I did say, OR Buy a replacement laser.

Sorry m8 I missed that part lol.... I read it as you saying buy a new console OR buy a new drive lol I wasnt being picky....just saying that yeah a new console is around 150 dots or a new drive is around 50 dots wheras a new laser is around 15 dots. Wasnt wanting to get in to any kind of disagreements or anything but your post clearly doesnt state OR buy a replacement laser.

Sorry m8 I missed that part lol.... I read it as you saying buy a new console OR buy a new drive lol I wasnt being picky....just saying that yeah a new console is around 150 dots or a new drive is around 50 dots wheras a new laser is around 15 dots. Wasnt wanting to get in to any kind of disagreements or anything but your post clearly doesnt state OR buy a replacement laser.

Ok my bad. lol. I sometimes write, and read back and I understand, so assume others would.

Back