BATTLE FOR THE PACIFIC - Worst FPS ever?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I've sitting here with tears of laughter running down my face.

After a near nervous breakdown thanks to the wonderful Call of Duty 4 game I decided to take a time-out and relax by loading up a few games that I downloaded but never got round to playing. I popped 'The History Channel : BATTLE FOR THE PACIFIC" into the 360, game started with a nice B&W WWII historical feature then moved over to a cutscene - all very well done, nice gfx as you'd expect, but as soon as i took control of the game it just became a complete and utter mess.

It is soo bad, really bad, I mean badder than Charles Manson, it's chronic!

1st thing you notice is the terrible controls, really unresponsive yet and times over responsive, the next big issue is the frame rate, I swear the Sinclair Spectrum could do a better job than this. Even when there is no real action on the screen the frame rate is constantly lagging, next problem was the Artificial 'lack of' Inteligence, you can stand inches away from the enemy and they won't run away and sometimes they won't even attack you, they just stand and stare at you in a kind of creepy japanese horror film style. The AI of my own team mates is even worse, I was standing next to a jap soldier, he was staring at me and right beside the soldier was one of my teammates, my teammate just stood there looking at the enemy, we were all about 1 foot away from each other and noone move, no one tried to attack anyone, it was although we were all standing in a lift feeling rather embarrassed and hoping no one would fart.

You can empty an entire clips of bullets into the enemy and they won't die yet if you aim to miss then they'll probably die instantly, the pistol that you are equipped with sounds far more powerful than the rifle and machine gun, it's as though they've got the sound effects mixed up.

It's so bad that it's funny, very funny. You really need to experience this for yourself if you haven't already. How can they release stuff like this, it's nowhere near ready for release, i can see a massive update being released over LIVE, that's if anyone gives a shit about it in the first place.

I nominate this as the worst FPS on any nextgen console.

It's diabolical :)

PMSL... thats a great review that is mate :proud:

Got to admit its kinda fooked me off a little as its high up on my list for when I've finished CoD4 but I guess I'll bump it down now having read that lol. Right got into these FPS war games now and deffo gonna have a gander at battlefield 2 next :)

Cheers for the heads up :)

Well. That was garbage.

I played it on Hard mode and I've just completed it, it awards 480 in total for completing the game in Hard all the rest of the points are earned during Online play, I really can't see anyone wanting to play this shit online.

Good Points : Nice graphics
Bad Points : Everything that could be bad IS bad,. utter mince.

Well. That was garbage.

I played it on Hard mode and I've just completed it, it awards 480 in total for completing the game in Hard all the rest of the points are earned during Online play, I really can't see anyone wanting to play this shit online.

Good Points : Nice graphics
Bad Points : Everything that could be bad IS bad,. utter mince.

:roflmao:

I'm almost tempted to play it just too see how bad it actually is lol.

:eek: 520 for online...fook that then...definately getting dropped ;) pmsl.

It's quick and easy gamerpoints mate, but to be totally honest it's also a waste of a good disc - I could have filed that DL DVD with pr0n ;)

LOL...well its too late to save me the disc as burnt it months ago :( ...I probably will have a look though like I said cos you described it with such passion I'm kind of curious now lol

Your eyes will blister.

You'll laugh at how bad everything is, then you might feel sorry for the devs coz they must get slagged to bits :)

lol one i wonna be getting then by the sound of that ..:proud: pmsl....

top review that Witchy u had me in bits lol

:Cheers:

I've sitting here with tears of laughter running down my face.

After a near nervous breakdown thanks to the wonderful Call of Duty 4 game I decided to take a time-out and relax by loading up a few games that I downloaded but never got round to playing. I popped 'The History Channel : BATTLE FOR THE PACIFIC" into the 360, game started with a nice B&W WWII historical feature then moved over to a cutscene - all very well done, nice gfx as you'd expect, but as soon as i took control of the game it just became a complete and utter mess.

It is soo bad, really bad, I mean badder than Charles Manson, it's chronic!

1st thing you notice is the terrible controls, really unresponsive yet and times over responsive, the next big issue is the frame rate, I swear the Sinclair Spectrum could do a better job than this. Even when there is no real action on the screen the frame rate is constantly lagging, next problem was the Artificial 'lack of' Inteligence, you can stand inches away from the enemy and they won't run away and sometimes they won't even attack you, they just stand and stare at you in a kind of creepy japanese horror film style. The AI of my own team mates is even worse, I was standing next to a jap soldier, he was staring at me and right beside the soldier was one of my teammates, my teammate just stood there looking at the enemy, we were all about 1 foot away from each other and noone move, no one tried to attack anyone, it was although we were all standing in a lift feeling rather embarrassed and hoping no one would fart.

You can empty an entire clips of bullets into the enemy and they won't die yet if you aim to miss then they'll probably die instantly, the pistol that you are equipped with sounds far more powerful than the rifle and machine gun, it's as though they've got the sound effects mixed up.

It's so bad that it's funny, very funny. You really need to experience this for yourself if you haven't already. How can they release stuff like this, it's nowhere near ready for release, i can see a massive update being released over LIVE, that's if anyone gives a shit about it in the first place.

I nominate this as the worst FPS on any nextgen console.

It's diabolical :)

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/historychannelbattleforthepacific/index.html

why download it in the first place?lol

Back