Sensible Topic The Gaza-Israel thing

I'm sure there are plenty of online videos of this sort of thing (on both sides) going back years. This one is from around January 2013?

Further to the discussion started on the Joan Rivers RIP thread in Main News, no, it's not okay that innocent people get killed but...

1-as the daughter of Russian Jews she would hardly be pro-Palestinian. By all accounts she was a Zionist.
2-Hamas are supported by a significant number of Palestinians
3-both sides are completely intransigent and seem not to want peace
4-both seem to favour the complete annihilation of the other
5-the third parties involved don't appear to care a damn who gets killed in the process

If they don't give a damn about their own people dying I see no reason why I should have the slightest sympathy.

In that sense, Joan Rivers was correct and I stand by my posts.

Further to the discussion started on the Joan Rivers RIP thread in Main News, no, it's not okay that innocent people get killed but...

1-as the daughter of Russian Jews she would hardly be pro-Palestinian. By all accounts she was a Zionist.
2-Hamas are supported by a significant number of Palestinians
3-both sides are completely intransigent and seem not to want peace
4-both seem to favour the complete annihilation of the other
5-the third parties involved don't appear to care a damn who gets killed in the process

If they don't give a damn about their own people dying I see no reason why I should have the slightest sympathy.

In that sense, Joan Rivers was correct and I stand by my posts.

6 - Hamas could have limited the carnage at any time. They chose to continue firing rockets.
7 - There's nothing glorious, or patriotic, about deliberately firing rockets from heavily populated areas just to provoke a response.
8 - If you elect Hamas, support it, and ignore warnings of imminent retaliation while your "freedom fighters" hide in a tunnel, so be it.

We can do nothing about a situation with a recurring cycle that neither side wants to change. If you look at the background in the
various TV news reports (not the front parts as intended), Gaza appears to have sufficient food and fuel supplies, despite the blockade.

If you want to see real misery, have a look at some from Syria. Hamas just wanted the publicity.

Oh Syria, give me strength! First the West funds the rebels then, when the rebels find out it's soooo hard getting control they zip over the border into Iraq and we bomb the feckers! Anyone given up trying to figure this yet?

Oh Syria, give me strength! First the West funds the rebels then, when the rebels find out it's soooo hard getting control they zip over the border into Iraq and we bomb the feckers! Anyone given up trying to figure this yet?

It's like trying to follow a card game with a re-shuffle at random intervals. :)

Best stay out of it, we don't understand the players or the cards. But if we lose a Tornado?

its mad , now we have to get on with Syria to fight the IS rebels, looks like he was right all the time

Back