Spiderbox 5000

If your stb's do not do as claimed and are under 12 months old, I would recommend returning them to the supplier as faulty.

Tried that, HD9000 is too old,
As to the SD5000's they refused to take them back as I put the first patch on (as instructed on a note inside the box). And DM's claims dont count as to what the boxes are meant to do. Couldn't do it under 7 day rule as box had been opened.
Or were you having a laugh about returning them?

Anyway why should I sell them or return them they should FN work?

Lets try an amicable solution perhaps Manic or Jimihendrix could have a word with the powers to be at a lsat if thats where it needs to be addressed and try and help out kommander with his box problems,perhaps maybe as a good will gesture they could test them and if they deem them faulty maybe come to some arrangement just a suggestion what do you think guys?

Lets try an amicable solution perhaps Manic or Jimihendrix could have a word with the powers to be at a lsat if thats where it needs to be addressed and try and help out kommander with his box problems,perhaps maybe as a good will gesture they could test them and if they deem them faulty maybe come to some arrangement just a suggestion what do you think guys?

BRILLIANT IDEA
Jimihendrix already offered me a swap for an HDX4, unfortuately it fell through. I am going to put the SD5000 that is still in an unopened box on ebay as I could sell it with good consience as its still in the box I dont know if it has any probs.
I doubt if A lsat will replace the others although I am willing, but as a fix does not look like it will be forthcoming for the SD5000 i'm going to look on ebay for a HDX4 or a 403p dunno what box to get to replace the HD9000 but it needs to be a boxkey server in HD THAT WORKS I'll take any recomendations at around £200 or below

The problem would be solved if I could find a NEWCAMD provider which I cant.
Saying that I have a good friendly provider as it is, why should I change?

Lets see what YesAmWell comes back with

Would definitly be a nice gesture from them if they could do it for Kommander. Technomate have bent over backwards to help the 800 owners and it has proved to be a very positive move from Technomates point of view. Dont own a spiderbox just making a point.

To be fair the TM never did what was blatantly stated on the box cover it came in.
The spiderboxes do what is stated on the box cover.

Is there any chance you could ask tony?

The spiderboxes do what is stated on the box cover.

but thats NOT why people buy them though really is it ;) you can buy a satellite receiver from maplins for £79 that does that as well

Where are the new improvements?
We are talking about the SD5000 here and there have been NO developments for this box anywhere in well over a year, DM promised boxkey that never happened, there is no updates or patches for the SD5000 that are any use I think you are getting confused with your new range of products. I bought these boxes based on the claims you had made in your announcements as Bobi here in this forum and now you attack me when I complain about a box that doesn't do half of what you said it would do.
I see you are going back to the ways you did before and attacking anyone who has a problem with your boxes, perhaps you should fix the problems with your current 5000 before releaseing a new box.

You should also realise that we are taking about the SD5000 in this thread which you have done NOTHING with

ME !? Do I Know YOU !? Do i own you any thing !?

As to the SD5000's they refused to take them back as I put the first patch on (as instructed on a note inside the box). And DM's claims dont count as to what the boxes are meant to do. Couldn't do it under 7 day rule as box had been opened.

Simple if you sell or return, you could not Moan again here.. lol

ME !? Do I Know YOU !? Do i own you any thing !?

If you admit to who you are then you DO owe me
For 3 boxes that DO NOT work as DM/A sat said they would.

eg: Where do you put the boxkey in an SD5000?

now watch this Q get avoided

But I am think dis may be imposter haw, as DM in jail no ?

Now from your posting I am unsure if you purchased the 5000's from A sat or through a dealer, if through a dealer then what I would do in your position as they are under a year old is to return them to the dealer with a request that he send them to A sat with a covering letter.
If you purchased directly from A sat then you should contact them directly, put your point and ask them what you should do next.

Now lets see if we can help with your line "Anyway why should I sell them or return them they should FN work?"

Be honest with me now, do you really want an end to a situation that you clearly find intolerable? do you wish to hang on and continue to rant away OR would you prefer to end this and move on.
If I were in your situation I would rather end the matter, get rid of the 5000's if possible then get some other receiver. Posting day after day after day does bugger all to put an end to your problem it simply goes on and on and on and does NO ONE ANY GOOD.

Only YOU can answer "Anyway why should I sell them or return them they should FN work?" we cant.

all i can say is from my point of view not wishing to throw petrol on dying embers but if you have a faulty product return it we have sale of goods act in uk and trading standards to help us with faulty products.
if however it works perfectly as an fta box then thats how most boxes are sold and i do not think you will get very far .
the box may not do what you want it to do the support forums say they do and if you have a genuine problem you are called a trouble maker and posts get removed i can state this as i had a few problems with my spider 9000 got told it was not the box it was x y z and when others started to say same problems post gets removed or deleted in my opinion if the faults are not reported to the powers that be to pass to software development team they will never get rectified.
anyway i sold my spiderbox 9000 as it had faults and i could not put up with it had a low audio output full of distortion through rf reported but not the fault of the box you could not record a scramble channel from standby you would have to leave it on the channel to record line would keep disconecting or if you went to fta then back to scramble you had to reboot everything to come back i had enough of it and sold it on the bay after 6 or 7 months as it was doing my head in and i had enough.
it is no good moaning about it some people live with the faults for the channels they get others like myself could not and i sold it and my advice to you would be to do the same as you will never be happy with the box .
i do not think there is a box that will do everything that everyone wants it to do it is trial and error you find what will do at the time for your needs some people want you tube net radio play xyz media formats i use my laptop for this hooked up to my telly and i found a cheaper hd box than runs lines without disconecting records from standby and can use ntfs format it does what i want at the moment i also have my tm9100s for tinkering with and my sly box
my advice is if it has no faults sell it take a loss and move on or try and live with it for what it gives you but live without what it can not
now wheres me strongbow

Last edited:
Back