Sorry, Newbie here!!

martinmrocks

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, Im sorry I am very familiar with forums and Im sure this happens all the time. I am a genuine newbie though and have a couple of questions. First, is it worth popping £100-£150 for a dreambox as my first or should I go for the "seemingly lesser" skybox f5 for £50?

Id like a good EPG, HD and ability to record (im aware that some of these will need HDD's added to them) Ideally id like to be wireless and have a HDD, so 2 USB ports??

Also, any thoughts on the "openbox X5?" its looks pretty swanky for the price and youtube serves it well, but no English reviews I can find?

Sorry to ask a lot, but I like to get these things right. Please be kind, Merry Xmas

Martin....

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much experience with the openbox range to be honest so I can not compare the two.

Dreamboxes have Crossepg which will not only give you a 7 day uk epg but will give you epgs for many sat position should you have a motorised dish.

The 800se can be bought with internal wifi and has 2 usb ports on the rear that work with various wifi dongles.

Pay servers and deep cardshare discussion is something we don't discuss here.

Back