Pogba given 4 year ban for positive doping test

Oggiman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has been given a four-year ban after the World Cup winner tested positive for doping, reports Sky in Italy

Italy's National Anti-Doping Tribunal (TNA) accepted the request of the Anti-Doping Prosecutor's Office to hand out the four-year ban - which is the standard length of ban under the World Anti-Doping Code (WADA).

The ban starts from when Pogba first tested positive, so the France international is banned until August 2027. He will be 34 years old when the ban stops, raising doubts over whether his career will continue after that.

In a statement from Pogba later on Thursday, he confirmed he will appeal the decision at the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS) in Lausanne. He added he would tell his full story 'when I am free of legal restrictions'.

"I have today been informed of the Tribunale Nazionale Antidoping's decision and believe that the verdict is incorrect," the statement read. I am sad, shocked and heartbroken that everything I have built in my professional playing career has been taken away from me. When I am free of legal restrictions the full story will become clear, but I have never knowingly or deliberately taken any supplements that violate anti-doping regulations.

Read HERE

Back