Service unavailable Tuner Configuration

I 'm trying to install tspanel.
When I go into downloadable plugins/extensions, there's 2 tspanels showing.
I've tried to install each one separately.
I get an error: Multiple packages (enigma2-plugin-extension- tspanel and enigma2-plugin-extensio- tspanel) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.
ERROR Package enigme2-plugin-extensions-tspanel (parent enigma2-plugin-extension- tspanel ) is not available from any configured src.
Failed to download enigma2-plugin-extension- tspanel . Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

I've run the ipkg update and the same thing still happens.
Sorry for the lengthy post, but thought I'd give you the same message I'm seeing.
Thanks

i'd maybe scracth it and start again mate, reading through the posts etc and that again you've messed with FTP and DCC (dream box control center) all at the same time, how ever in cross epg, have you done the 1st setting where you configure what you want "cross EPG" to do? and then under that are your "providers" have you went into one of them and selected "sky uk" and put a green tick next to it? and then yellow to download? is your HDD working? or are you trying usb? and you are connected to the internet arn't ya?

Done most of that, tried both HDD & usb to save; but you really got me wondering about the internet connection.
If I try to download Satmate_uk I get a connection failed message, yet I'm still getting all channels.
I've got the flashing status lights on the ethernet cable, is there another test I can do?
Thanks for your advice and help.

When you say "all the channels" you have a "ccline" and the like as I've never heard you mention that, and if you don't know what or much (no disrespect) about DCC (dream box control center) and also FTP etc then I'm surprised you have all the channels ? ( "cline" ) working to tell you the truth? if you don't know much about them then i can only presume you mean "free channels" ?

You can check your net connection by going into "tools" and network and then running a "test" in there.....DHCP might be turned off and you might not be getting an IP address or a valid one any way...(all though it is better to have a static ip address when it comes to this, that way in the future using things like DCC will always connect etc.)

Last edited:
You're quite right, (and no offence taken) I'm just learning how to manage my own box following Topboxes going awol last summer.

I hope you're a patient guy............................!!??

Last night I had a fully working box (apart from epg) I can transfer clines and have had sports, movies, discovery and also other channels I'll never watch.
I read some other similar posts and as a result editted the file

/usr/bin/enigma2.sh

without making a backup, now the box won't boot DOH!!
So unless someone can provide me with a good copy of the file, my box is now down.

Can I get a copy of this file anywhere to simply reinstall please, and then I'm going to lay down in a dark room somewhere!
I thought this was going to be a lot more straight forward than it's turning out!
If I need to have a new image is there anyone who can do it for me (at a price of course!) I'm not confident myself after this!

The /usr/bin/enigma2.sh file I have reads:

#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/showiframe /boot/backdrop.mvi

cd /home/root

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libopen.so.0.0/usr/bin/enigma2

# enigma2 exit codes:
#
# 0 - restart enigma
# 1 - halt
# 2 - reboot
#
# >128 signal

ret=$?
case $ret in
1)
/sbin/halt
;;
2)
/sbin/reboot
;;
4)
/sbin/rmmod lcd
/usr/sbin/fpupgrade --upgrade 2>&1 | tee /home/root/fpupgrade.log
sleep 1;
/sbin/rmmod fp
/sbin/modprobe fp
/sbin/reboot
;;
*)
;;
esac

Thanks again ....all help is much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Sounds like you've hit a brick wall then mate, really you should not be editing any files like you have done i must admit like.....:Mad2:

Sounds like your going to have to start again...

You can get a decent image on a the boxes (dream 80 ain't it) some thing like black hole is a good one.
You'll have to then start from fresh me thinks....

So once you have the image and your tuner configured..(so your tuned into 28.2E)
then download "rats" ipkg file and use DCC to put it to the box (this will do all your channels)
Then download the "Tspanel" plugin ipkg and do the same with that. (this will allow you to get all the plugins you've ever wanted)
Update your channels and then update "Tspanel" via the menu.

Then this far you should then have the "free view channels" on your box....i'd take one step at a time here and mate, don't be going in and "editing" any thing on the box mate, unless your into linux and ftp and stuff then don't do it man....

I'd have a look around the net and here for "how to flash an image to the dreambox" and have a read, start from the beginning and getting an image back on the box and it booting.

One step at a time.....

So new image and get that on the box......black hole is good phoenix edition...it's around here some where.

i take it also you got your "cline" some where safe?

Sounds like you bit of more than you could chew mate in one go, editing files, ftp, DCC, plugins....

Take a step back and have a think about the processes involved.

Box back to operating with an image, channels (by rat) and then (tspanel for plugins)

I know it all sounds daunting and that mate, but start from the beginning with a fresh new image.....

(if it comes to it i could do a complete backup of mine and send you it (cline removed) and you could tray that back to your box, but it's a back up of my box, with my devices and mapped and shared networks and usb keys etc so i don't think it would work, and even if it did then you'd probably get errors as it'd be looking for my shared/mapped drives etc)

So go have a look for the "black hole" edition and grab your self a cup of coffee and a usb stick......

Thanks for quick reply.
I guess this was bound to happen sooner or later!!
I'll have a read and see where I get with the advice above.
Then I'll probably be back or help...I'll have the coffee, you may need something a little stronger!!!
Cheers

once the box is in good standing and your back up and running you can make a complete back up of it, ccams the lot, should the worst happen you can simply write this file back to the box like your just about to do with an image but if you'd had a back up it;ll write back all your camms and settings blah blah.....your starting from scratch so your going to have the image on and the image only...don't go off editing any sh files though! should not be touching any of these......good luck man

I have a previous system back up I created, which is stored on the box.
Can you guide me how I install it using dcc please?
if you can, an idiots walk through would be appreciated.

you don't install it using DCC mate, (sounds like you ain't done any reading yet!!) it would all depend on what and how the "backup" was created, it wasn't too long ago when the ability to do a true back up that you could then flash to the box again didn't exist, well it did but it wasn't as easy as running it from ts panel, i know i keep going on about it, but it's really the way of the walk with these boxes and people (again no disrespect) like you should be using. you see I've made a complete back up of the image that i have and all the settings etc. (go check my post on the how to make a back up) and if i ever goof my box up which happens all the time, then i can simply go to the web page (in my case 192.168.1.4) and flash this back up to the dream box, you should be presented with the "boot screen" this is after you have powered on your box holding the power button so that it comes back with the word *STOP* and then an IP address, (don't know if your even connected to a router but i would presume so...) but your just wanting to dive straight back in again and flash your back up via DCC and maybe do some more editing of ph files etc!! DONT!

you need the new image that you want to put on mate and then do some a little bit of reading, there's plenty of tuts about on how to flash your image to your box........i just explained a little bit about it, start box holding down your power button (plug lead in the back) and then when the screen shows you a *STOP* it'll then have an ip address under neath that you would then put in your web browser and you'll be presented with the page where you load your image in......but you'll have to maybe have a read and read again, go grab your self an image i'll post it for you later on if you can let me know what box you have, other than that mate don't mess on with files etc with out knowing what your doing like.......

PLEASE don't go off and flash any thing to the box as i can't be held responsible for what your going to do mate as you have to take one step at a time! DO NOT FLASH/WRITE FIRMWARE IF YOU HAVEN'T DOUBLE CHECKED IT'S GOING TO WORK WITH YOUR BOX.

OK if you have a working backup then you can flash it using the browser method as explained by dibbers,

So turn off box,
Press and hold the button on the front,
Switch box back on whilst still holding the front button in,
When the small screen on the box shows an IP address then you can let go of the button,
Enter IP address in your web browser and when the page loads scroll down to the firmware upgrade option,
Point the browser to your backup file and then click the flash button,
When done the box should reboot but if it doesn't reboot it manually,

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Last edited:
it's dibbs, dibbers but not "din dins" mate, you sitting down waiting for your yorkshire puds like ? your tapatalk/blade not working ? lmfao....

I've printed out bally12345's guide to setting up DM800hd from this site and followed the instructions; which are just as you state in the last post.
I've also got pli-enigma2-jade2-dm as a zip file, which it suggests.
I've got the ip address and pasted it my browser, and can see the web interface like in the instructions.
I guess I just follow from there?
Thanks for taking your time to help, I know it's what you're there for, and you must feel to be spending ages with me. I'm just glad I can't hear what you must thinking.
I'll wait for your go-ahead before continuing.
Cheers

don't worry mate......(go read me xbox 360 post on freestyle dashboard updates! now there's a n00b there for ya and they'll all be thinking the same) that's why we are hear, so we can all share our knowledge, only thing that puzzled me was when you come back with editing php files and the like.....and no one told you too....any hooo!

Ok for me i wouldn't use the pli-jade, hated it (other peoiple love it) i couldn't get that to work! how big is the pli-enigma2-jade2-dm file you have ? of course you can't uplaod a zip/rar file to the dream box so make a folder and un-crunch it inside the folder....or un-pack it into a folder called "image" some where on your desktop....

is this the back up that you claimed to have? or a fresh install of PLI-Jade?

i much prefer the black hole image here

IF IT'S COMPATIBALE WITH YOUR BOX....dream box 800 HD you say?

Last edited:
I've just checked. My backup was created by the box itself and is zip file containing etc folder: no nfi files there.
I guess I'll press on with the insructions I've got.

Thought so, you read me post on "how to make a complete back up" ? grab the black hole image unless you like the pli-jade one.......(it's defo a dreambox 800 HD - do you know what simm it is and how old it is)

PLEASE DO NOT FLASH THE IMAGE IF YOU ARE UN-SURE!

Some one else will be able to clarify if that "black hole" image would work, I'd stick with that (not just because i use it, but I've found it out to be the best image there is so far...each to there own i guess) some people like pli-jade i personally hate it!....back laters got to finish the painting!

god luck and when i get back i expect you to be up and runnig with freesat at least! 8=)

it's dibbs, dibbers but not "din dins" mate, you sitting down waiting for your yorkshire puds like ? your tapatalk/blade not working ? lmfao....

pmsl fcukin auto correcting keyboard lolol

Sorry m8

Insurance_Mobile2.JPG

We all know it's an old phone mate! lololl.....

Back