S-Video 2 Scart on my new tv in Black & White

showders

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Ive brought a S-video to Scart cable in the hope i could watch my media centre pc on my LCD Tv in the bedroom. I get a picture fine but it is in black & white? What have I done wrong?

Please dont say everything! lol

Thanks

you may need to change some settings in media centre to output via s-video. if that doesnt work try rgb or composite or you may need to go into your tv menu and tell it to accept a s-video connection for that particular av channel

Yeah it usually does come out black n white you need to get a converter i think

Yeah it usually does come out black n white you need to get a converter i think

I doubt that would help mate.....

@showders
As munkey says theres probably something you need to do on your tv/media centre to accept/activate the s-video or you have plugged the scart cable into a scart connection (back of your Tv) which doesnt accepet S-video.

Just check you are plugging things where they should be plugged and both ends are capable of transmitting/recieving S-video.

Thanks for your suggestions guys, it would appear my scart wont accept s-video signals! Got myself a vga spliier cable and had to run some seperate speakers and have them sitting next to Tv. Not ideal but get what i wanted so all good! Thanks

Hi

Ive brought a S-video to Scart cable in the hope i could watch my media centre pc on my LCD Tv in the bedroom. I get a picture fine but it is in black & white? What have I done wrong?

Please dont say everything! lol

Thanks

If you are trying to watch live tv from a cable {pace} box through MCE you will have to get a RGB to svideo convertor box. {Keene make one about £50}.

Most cable boxes {pace deff} dont send out svideo throuh the scart outputs and even then only send true RGB throuh the TV out scart {not the VCR}.

Rmember to switch the output in the config menu on the pace box to RGB.

Back