IPTV blocked on my new tv.

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bought an LG oled C1 television during the Black Friday sales. Was starting to fall in love with the beast until I went to watch the Liverpool v Aston Villa match earlier. Have the below message on the screen. Using Smarters through 4K Firestick.
Message only appears on the Live TV section. Works ok on movies and series apart from 4K content which doesn't respond when start is clicked. I expect perhaps that may be a server issue though.

Could have went into my bedroom and watched the match but watched it on my phone instead. Very annoyed that I've paid a grand for a tv only to be told by the manufacturer what I can or can't play through it. :mad:

IMG_20211211_170344.jpg

I cant understand how your tv has blocked it if its on the firestick?

I cant understand how your tv has blocked it if its on the firestick?
Just tried it on my Sammy in the bedroom and works no problem. I have Smarters installed directly on that tv.
The poor English on the message may be indicative that it is direct from LG. I used the Firestick on this tv with no problems last week.

If you have the capability run a VPN in your router and the tv's IP through it.

I dont think they will have a clue what your doing then.
I've still got my router that's capable of it. Was selling it but Facebook blocked it as they regarded it as a streaming device. 😂
I'll attach it tomorrow morning and give it a go.

I'm more concerned about the mechanics of how this has come to their attention. Has it happened through a software update or are they monitoring for unofficial apps and sending this message to my mac address?
If it were the latter then surely I wouldn't be able to access the movies or series either.

May even install another version of Smarters as a test. The one on this Firestick was posted recently on this forum and is the classic version.

Just tried it on my Sammy in the bedroom and works no problem. I have Smarters installed directly on that tv.
The poor English on the message may be indicative that it is direct from LG. I used the Firestick on this tv with no problems last week.
I just struggle to see how the tv can block apps or certain channels on an external device, unless theres something in or missing from the stream it detects.

The firestick wouldnt pass on IP information to the tv...so surely in this instance a VPN would not help?

But it appears it has been blocked somehow.
Very sneaky

I just struggle to see how the tv can block apps or certain channels on an external device, unless theres something in or missing from the stream it detects.

The firestick wouldnt pass on IP information to the tv...so surely in this instance a VPN would not help?

But it appears it has been blocked somehow.
Very sneaky
I was suspecting the app. Have just plugged the Firestick into my bedroom tv and getting the same message. I've uninstalled Smarters and am just about to install another version of it. I believe the problem will disappear along with it.

It's the app from here that's causing it.

Just downloaded the one I had on it previously and working perfectly on the Samsung and the LG. Strange how the same app on the same Firestick looks so different between the 2 televisions o_O

IMG_20211211_204736.jpgIMG_20211211_203856.jpg

We all use the hacked versions and check to see if it's clean with virustotal (best option big time)

People decrypt and play about with the code and then compile it back again to APK format

A bit of a mine game really

Good to see you got it sorted out @chookey ;)

Smarters for the LG tv's should be available from the LG store. At least that's where I have installed it from on my LG tv's. With the firestick I use
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
this one seems to be the most upto date version available.

I know WHMCS was hacked a few weeks back, so wondering if they've grabbed the .apk and injected some code into it or something. @chookey - how are you getting it on the Samsung TV, as they removed it from the app store a long time ago, and i've never found a way of getting it installed direct on the samsung tvs, I know there was a way of changing the location of the tv to the US, but required a complete reset of the tv.

That's the one I had put back on Jan ;)
Only installed it on the Sammy a couple of weeks ago and it was on Google Play

Just checked and it's still on Google Play

Last edited:
Normally that error happens on cracked versions that's been blocked

That's the one I had put back on Jan ;)
Only installed it on the Sammy a couple of weeks ago and it was on Google Play

Just checked and it's still on Google Play
Samsungs running Android now? They used to have their own OS like the LG ones. Easier if they've got Android though.

Samsungs running Android now? They used to have their own OS like the LG ones. Easier if they've got Android though.
I have this Fibromyalgia thing now and can't remember a lot of things I do, even forgot how to operate my microwave earlier on for a minute or two 😂
Remembered now. Wasn't from Google Play, it was from the Samsung App Store. Just type into the search bar and you will find it there. I know cos I've just tried.

I have this Fibromyalgia thing now and can't remember a lot of things I do, even forgot how to operate my microwave earlier on for a minute or two 😂
Remembered now. Wasn't from Google Play, it was from the Samsung App Store. Just type into the search bar and you will find it there. I know cos I've just tried.
Yep its on the samsung app store.
Ive never seen it on there before.
Nice find mate.

Back