Rat's Bouquets latest Plugin **New Plugin**

Status
Not open for further replies.
should work without problems
unless something has changed in their builds ? I don't know mate

rat dont think it works with vix images anymore pal - cant get it going on three different boxes ! but works on BH image

:lol: now why doesn't that surprise me :)

be interested to know if others are having problems using the plugin on new ViX builds

:)

Last edited:
Just run it on build 772. Worked fine.

Attachments

• Rat2.png
    Rat2.png
    293.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Rat1.png
    Rat1.png
    456.8 KB · Views: 13
Thanks @Abu Baniaz :)
I am glad it still works tbh, now to find out why @squig007 is having problems :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried it on a VTI image vu+ solo2 , it installs fine and it runs fine but when you go into the channel lists their all greyed out ,did an automatic scan and that gave me back all the channels but everything in rats bouquets still greyed out ,weird,
Just went back to VIX because it works fine on that image

I have a question and some feedback about this great plugin..

Question:
1. In your posts where you let us know that a "new version" of either the Bouquets or Picons is out you always include a link to download... but is it enough for me to just run the plugin on my receiver if I've already got it installed?

1. How about change it so it doesn't over-write existing Bouquets? I have a Bouquet for Terrestrial channels in my area but running Rats Bouquet Plugin over-writes it. Good thing I made a backup! I see Autobouquets doesn't over-write.. maybe it's because that plugin names its Bouquets in a specific way so existing .dbe bouquets can't be over-written since they are named differently?
2. End users can configure what Bouquets you have created that we want and what order they are to appear in. You could have a screen in its plugin menu entry that sets those options and then at your end a script that takes your bouquets and renames them as necessary to achieve the right order and then packs the ones requested into a .zip file for download.
3. An SD version for Enigma2... some people might prefer to have channels in SD in all bouquets but just have one bouquet then for HD channels.
4. Put an RSS feed on The Home of Rat's Bouquet @DigitalWorldz | Rat's Bouquet and Picon Plugins for ease of use :) so people can be notified when you have updated your Picons/Bouquets?

Thank you :)

randal

Just to expand on my suggestion above...

The Bouquets that you see and in what order they are to be displayed is determined by a simple text file: bouquets.tv​ which is supplied as part of your channel list bouquets.

You could continue making Bouquets as usual but the user could specify which ones they actually want and in what order they are to appear on their own receiver. You could have another menu option in the Plugin setup screen that could achieve this by basically allowing the user to create their own personalised local copy of the bouquets.tv file... mybouquets.tv for instance which could be saved in /etc/enigma2.

As long as you continue to provide your bouquets such that bouquet file '
userbouquet.dbe03.tv' is always "Entertainment" and for example bouquet file 'userbouquet.dbe05.tv' is always "Movies" and so on then it would be a fairly straight-forward script in the plugin itself that could create the user defined bouquet.tv file. With this system you could also offer Standard Definition versions of your bouquets for enigma2. The installation of your bouquets can continue as usual...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

..but after the rm command put in other Unix commands that exchanges your bouquets.tv for the users version.

I have an Alien 2 triple tuner and changed around the bouquets.tv file on my own enigma2 installation to restore my terrestrial channels bouquet which is now lined up alongside yours.

Cheers,

randal

Thanks for your input :) and when I have some spare time will look into it :)

In the mean time there is a BBC/ITV/Ch4/5 Regional bouquet, it takes seconds to move these channels from one folder to another via the remote :)
^^ https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/270086/#post1988248 ^^

also I have a Irish, Scottish and Welsh variation bouquet so I have tried to cater for most :)

Attachments

• Regional Bouquets.JPG
    Regional Bouquets.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 14
Hi all, finally got around to trying to re-install the updater plugin as it won't update the bouquets. Ftp'd IPK file to tmp folder, but when I got to install local extension, it says sorry 'MediaScanner is not installed'. Can anyone advise how I might install this? DM800 HD PVR - Enigma 2. The updater is already installed so not sure how it was done previously, but as I said, it's not working anyway. Appreciate the help, thanks

As the Ancient Chinese proverb goes... there are many ways to skin a cat.. I always install ipk files by just unzipping them and dropping the relevant folders directly into the Linux filesystem using my FTP software.

To Uninstall...
Go to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins and delete the 'rat_updater' folder.
Go to /usr/script and delete 'rat_plugin_update.sh'

Reboot.. maybe not necessary but why not?

To install...
Personally, I installed rats_bouquets_latest.ipk by using 7-Zip to unpack it until I got the /usr directory then just dragged and dropped that into the root ( / ) of the enigma2 installation using my FTP software. Then you reboot and go into its entry in the Plugin Menu.

randal

but when I got to install local extension, it says sorry 'MediaScanner is not installed'
Sounds Media Scanner has been accidentally removed or removed by image maker ? I think I remember seeing this message when I used DBUK image

In the mean time there is a BBC/ITV/Ch4/5 Regional bouquet, it takes seconds to move these channels from one folder to another via the remote :)

I didn't know how to do that with the remote... thanks! But that's not a good solution because changes I would make to the bouquets will be lost every time I run the plugin again. That overwriting any existing bouquets the end user might have every time the plugin is run I think should and could quite easily be changed.

Reason why I like to have a terrestrial channel bouquet is because I might as well make use of my triple tuner. Recording from the terrestrial tuner if that's an option means I don't have to tie up one of the satellite tuners, so it gives me more watching/streaming/recording flexibility.

And an RSS feed for your Blog page on --> The Home of Rat's Bouquet @DigitalWorldz so users can subscribe and be notified when it's time to run the plugins to update?!

Thanks Rat :)

randal

Updater installed perfectly and bouquet updated. Thanks a mill Randal and Rat for your help, really appreciate it.

Works perfect Rat, cheers :) I added it to my Outlook RSS Feeds and it's pulled in all your Blog posts since last July. Handy way to get the word out there and bring people back to the site... just need to get people to subscribe to it now!

randal

im about to give the installer a go although im clueless, thanks for the great information and i will report my progress

im about to give the installer a go although im clueless, thanks for the great information and i will report my progress

What Receiver are you installing it on mate ?

follow the instructions in post 1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back