PS2 slim disc reading problem

HQi88

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently have been getting back into playing some of my old games. However one of the Ace Combat 04 disc does not want to read. So I bought two more, one of the new discs had no scratches, yet none of them wants to read. Only the Ace Combat 4 discs dont read, AC5, Lego star wars, literally every other disc reads.

When I put them in, I can hear the disc spin up, then a buzzing sound comes from the disc reader. None of the other games makes any weird noise.

My model is a PS2 slim - SCPH-79001

Any help with resolving the issue would be greatly appreciated!

Probably better to soft mid the ps2 and play your games from usb. Would be cheaper and easier I would say.

Did eventually get AC4 working but in a very weird way. I had to fully turn on the PS2 with the memory card out, then put the disc in, then put the memory card in while the disc was still spinning up. That's the only way I can get it to run 😓

Probably better to soft mid the ps2 and play your games from usb. Would be cheaper and easier I would say.

What kind of mods are you talking about? Free McBoot? Sorry, I am not really familiar with PS2 modding and what the mods do.

Are you could get the full laser and deck replacement

eBay item number:333602686851

£26.99

Thank you for the response! I tried looking up the eBay listing but I couldn't find it. Is there a part number for the laser and deck replacement parts?

Back