Problem Reading Wii Discs

tonyten

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm here there everywhere - Right behind You.....
Hi all.

I have a lot of copy discs for my wii and happy they all work. My question is i have a external harddrive and i want to put the games on to it as a backup but the computer (disc drive) does not read them. Has anyone had this problem or can someome tell what program i need to read the discs so i can transfer them to my harddrive.

Thanks for reading this - Hope somone can help.

All you do is put the disc in the Wii and load up your USB loader software, I use Configurable USB Loader, then there will be an option in the menu in there to rip the game to your connected USB drive. Easy :)

Last edited:
All you do is put the disc in the Wii and load up your USB loader software, I use Configurable USB Loader, then there will be an option in the menu in there to rip the game to your connected USB drive. Easy :)

hi ya.

Thank you for your answer, i will have ago.

But can their be a way where i can put the disc in my laptop to see the file and copy it over to my hard drive which i would prefer to do.

Download Wii Backup Manager if you haven't already. I'm asuming you have if you have a hard drive setup on the go.

> Put the disc in yout computer and load Wii Backup Manager

> Click on the DVD - Drive tab

> select the drive your Wii game disc is in

> the name of of the game will show in the window

> tick the tick box at the side of the game name in the window

> click the Transfer button

> then from the list select 'WBFS' to rip it to your USB hard drive (which should at this point be connected to your PC) to the correct folder on the USB drive, WBFS normally, or select 'ISO' to rip an ISO of the game disc onto your computer...

I think this meathod only works with backup discs, if you want to rip original discs then you will have to use the first meathod mentioned and will need all the correct and upto date cIOS's installed on the Wii for good working rips...

Last edited:
hi ya.

But can their be a way where i can put the disc in my laptop to see the file and copy it over to my hard drive which i would prefer to do.

No as the discs in any standard format to stop people copying them. The only way at the moment to read the discs is through a wii.

I'm back again :proud:

From my last post, you can tell I'am happy with the Wii backup Manager program.

My next question is - i now have the games on my external harddrive by transfering them off disc using Wii manager.

So what program do i need now to burn a game of my harddrive to disc??
I have Nero installed on my computer or do i need another program to burn??

If nero is capable of doing this, can someone tell me step by step please.

Thanks for helping :proud:

I'm back again :proud:

From my last post, you can tell I'am happy with the Wii backup Manager program.

My next question is - i now have the games on my external harddrive by transfering them off disc using Wii manager.

So what program do i need now to burn a game of my harddrive to disc??
I have Nero installed on my computer or do i need another program to burn??

If nero is capable of doing this, can someone tell me step by step please.

Thanks for helping :proud:

Why do want to burn them to DVD. You can play them straight from the hard drive.

Once you have the game ISO file (which I have explained already how to do above with Backup Manager), use ImgBurn to burn the ISO image to a dvd.

You need to use DVD -R discs or set the Booktype in ImgBurn to -ROM if you are trying to use +R discs. You will have mixed results doing that depending on the quality of the disc etc so always best to use native -R DVD.

When installed, put your blank DVD in and start ImgBurn. It will give you a simple menu to select from, select Burn Image To Disc, load in the Wii game ISO file and hit Start/Burn to burn it off...

i couldnt get nero burn't games to run at all....

i used ImgBurn, burned at 4xspeed on dvd-r's.. worked a treat.

Back