Prostate Cancer

come on guys, no need for the private battle.
@sledge121
would have better to add the link u posted on post 31 to on your original post and give a bit of background to validate your thoughts seeing as its such a serious subject

@Him Her
sledge121 has now expanded on his view.. (wether u agree or not, peeps can make their own mind up)

In case it wasn't clear @buzzer I'm backing off and apologising - no offence :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The silence is somewhat deafening! So, given it's an important subject let's revisit and get some facts out.

First, read the article. You'll find NO reference to fish oil in it, it refers to omega-6 fatty acids and the use of statins to help prevent the spread of prostate cancer to the bone marrow. This is considerably more difficult to treat.

It's important that people DON'T make up their own mind based on something that ISN'T in the report or confuse omega-3 with omega-6 especially since it's a complex area to start with.

Essentially, omega-3 comes from oily fish such as anchovy, herring, salmon etc. while omega-6 comes from the likes of vegetable oils, seeds and nuts. Both have a part to play in diet but it's the ratio of one to the other that is both important and difficult to achieve.

Omega-6 Fatty Acids

More recently studies have suggested links between prostate cancer and omega-3 but the indications are that this is down to taking supplements rather than relying on diet.

Fish oil supplements linked to prostate cancer

It's an important area so it's important it's right.

Further reading with additional links:

HowStuffWorks "Top 10 Foods High in Omega-3"

Vegan sources of omega 3 fatty acids from microalgae - Sacramento Nutrition | Examiner.com

Last edited:
Lads, and ladies...

Reading this thread with interest as I am involved in an event in raising awareness and money for Prostate Cancer UK.

We are organising and participating in a charity football match at Colchester United's ground on Bank Holiday Monday May 5th

It is the third year we have run this charity football match and this year is going to be our biggest game yet.

We have TV stars from TOWIE, The Apprentice and First Dates playing in the game. Dan Osborne from TOWIE, and Neil Clough from the Apprentice. Also on the day we have Apprentice winner Stella English providing commentary.
We also have a live band playing before the game, the Red Bull promo girls, and a fund-raising raffle with some great prizes.

We are hoping for a crowd of up to 2500 for this and are looking for as many people as possible to buy a ticket to the game.

Tickets can be purchased online and 100% of the money raised (minus the paypal fee) will go straight to Prostate Cancer UK and the North Essex urology cancer support group

If any of you are in the Colchester area on May 5th and fancy coming along we would love seeing you there. Even if you cant go but would like to support the event please just donate £5 by purchasing a ticket.

The event is being Promoted by Prostate Cancer UK on their twitter and facebook pages

More info can be found in the local paper report

Lastly, and most importantly, you can buy tickets here online

Thanks very much for your time and your support

2964537.jpg

[h=2]Prostate cancer prevention: Ways to reduce your risk[/h]http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/prostate-cancer/in-depth/prostate-cancer-prevention/art-20045641

Regards
Satccol

i was concerned about prostrate cancer, so i went to the doc and told him about it and i wanted it checked out as i dont remeber ever having it checked, apparently i had mine checked about 5 years ago, i dont remeber because i am assuming its checked by a doctor who puts his finger up your back passage, but he said it was via a blood test. I asked for another one and about 3 weeks ago i went for a blood test and recently the doctor said it was fine...

the finger up the back side is the 1st if they think its in the line of thought,then bloods and more,i had this not long ago,just because of the talk thought it would be wise,so far im clear,happy but know for every 1 their is 100 what are not so lucky.
i hope no one here or anyone i know never get the word that takes the happyness and life from them.
more people every day are not so lucky sad.

Just seen this post and i must say TOP CLASS...

Never be afraid to open your mouth lads i was at first but i bit the bullet.

Luckily all worked out fine.

stay safe guys

mr p

Back