Prostate Cancer

Great Post My daughters father in-law just died from this cancer and advise the same go see the doc.

Great Post My daughters father in-law just died from this cancer and advise the same go see the doc.
Very sorry to hear that Satman. I have lately heard of so many friends and relative's friends who've been diagnosed.
when i was first diagnosed and scared, I did a job for an 82 year old man. I told him about it and amazingly he replied that he was diagnosed 25 years ago and after the same treatment I was facing he's ok. That one conversation changed my whole outlook and gave me great encouragement

i was concerned about prostrate cancer, so i went to the doc and told him about it and i wanted it checked out as i dont remeber ever having it checked, apparently i had mine checked about 5 years ago, i dont remeber because i am assuming its checked by a doctor who puts his finger up your back passage, but he said it was via a blood test. I asked for another one and about 3 weeks ago i went for a blood test and recently the doctor said it was fine...

Blood test is known as PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) - no big deal, just a little blood sample.

The finger up the jacksy? Well it's a bit disconcerting but pretty quick? I got the lady Doc to do mine - well, be a bit embarrassing to get all excited if it was a bloke lol

Seriously, none of this stuff is a major deal. Just nip down to the GP, you'll be done in 10 minutes :)

Blood test is known as PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) - no big deal, just a little blood sample.

The finger up the jacksy? Well it's a bit disconcerting but pretty quick? I got the lady Doc to do mine - well, be a bit embarrassing to get all excited if it was a bloke lol

Seriously, none of this stuff is a major deal. Just nip down to the GP, you'll be done in 10 minutes :)
Yes mate. Nothing to it, luckily I only had women prodding about. I had more women touching intimate places during this than the whole of my life. I once had two nurses joking with me while they shoved a camera up my wobbly bit and a tube up my dirty bit, then a finger.
I found the actual worst part was the MRI scan, that made me depressed laying dead still for 40minutes enclosed in a metal tube. those machines make a helluva noise.

Yes mate. Nothing to it, luckily I only had women prodding about. I had more women touching intimate places during this than the whole of my life. I once had two nurses joking with me while they shoved a camera up my wobbly bit and a tube up my dirty bit, then a finger.
Somebody has to ask. Did you request a second opinion?:Biggrin2:

They now reckon omega 6 fish oil can make prostate cancer more easily spread to the bones.

They now reckon omega 6 fish oil can make prostate cancer more easily spread to the bones.

Would you please refrain from using such a serious subject to help you reach your 5 post download limit :(

or at the very least backup your claim with a bit of scientific proof

Would you please refrain from using such a serious subject to help you reach your 5 post download limit :(

or at the very least backup your claim with a bit of scientific proof

Just a news story at the moment. On the other hand I'm always wary of 'supplements' - with a decent diet why would you take them?

Moving back on track with a more positive thought. A friend was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2002, I still chat to him today. In fact I've just recently fixed his computer :)

Thing is, he's a musician. We used to do pubs and clubs years ago and nowadays he sells music online with all the proceeds going to prostate cancer charity. There's just him and he keeps nothing for himself.

I thought I'd mention it because recovery rates are excellent if you just get yer ass down to the Doc in good time. Given the topic I think Mods won't object to me posting a link to Tom's website.

http://http://www.tomcowleymusic.co.uk

That research does not support your comment? It refers, in general terms, to the effects of cholesterol levels on prostate cancer. Links to fish oils are speculative and, so far, unproven.

Well lets look at my original comment, i said 'they reckon' which is 100% correct, as for whether i trust the research of the university of manchester then yes i do as i am not a medical scientist and they are, their research found, quote

'omega-6 fatty acid that has been shown to attract prostate cancer cells to the bone'

We sparred, you lost, stop messing with what was a seroius subject, get over it and move on, i assume i can now download from this site in peace.

Well lets look at my original comment, i said 'they reckon' which is 100% correct, as for whether i trust the research of the university of manchester then yes i do as i am not a medical scientist and they are, their research found, quote

'omega-6 fatty acid that has been shown to attract prostate cancer cells to the bone'

We sparred, you lost, stop messing with what was a seroius subject, get over it and move on, i assume i can now download from this site in peace.

You said:

It's well known that Omega 6 is NOT found in fish oils except in minor traces.

You may well have your download but you'll need to do better to pull MY plonker.

Oh dear, someone taking on the mighty himher................................your bound to lose .............he does know some stuff....enough to sink most peeps............your a newbie...treat us with a tad respect......stop getting on your high horse....if its just downloads you want then go for it..........mods will sort it.

I'll explain. Omega-6 is a vegetable component, sunflower oil is the most common that people will be familiar with. So, if you find it in fish it would be cross-contamination from the chips you bought the fish with lol

Going back to where we started, there is a 'suggestion' that too much vegetable oil 'may' have an impact on the spread of any inflammatory ailments including cancer. In short, vegetable oils (Omega-6) are pro-inflammatory (make things worse) while fish oils (Omega-3) are anti-inflammatory.

Of course, no-one really knows, so the usual rules apply. Varied diet and pray lol

You said:

It's well known that Omega 6 is NOT found in fish oils except in minor traces.

You may well have your download but you'll need to do better to pull MY plonker.

You really are clutching at anything now, Holland and barrett do a max strength fish oil which they add large amounts of omega 6 to from whatever source omega 6 comes from, i used to take it but have now stopped as a result of the new research, my comment was trying to be helpful to others who could be taking such supplements particularly people reading this forum subject, my intentions were honourable, your comment however was snide and childish, like i said, get over it.

You really are clutching at anything now, Holland and barrett do a max strength fish oil which they add large amounts of omega 6 to from whatever source omega 6 comes from, i used to take it but have now stopped as a result of the new research, my comment was trying to be helpful to others who could be taking such supplements particularly people reading this forum subject, my intentions were honourable, your comment however was snide and childish, like i said, get over it.

No, I'm asking you (politely) to be accurate. Research suggests a mix of Omega-3 and Omega-6 at around a ratio of 1:1 is about right. A balanced diet should obviate the need for such supplements. However they also contain Omega-9 (Olive oil etc) assuming we are referring to the same supplements?

I'm happy to accept your intentions were honourable. BTW, I don't do 'snide or childish', tear the odd second arse now and again if you ain't sharp lol

Enjoy the forum and the banter M8 :)

come on guys, no need for the private battle.
@sledge121
would have better to add the link u posted on post 31 to on your original post and give a bit of background to validate your thoughts seeing as its such a serious subject

@Him Her
sledge121 has now expanded on his view.. (wether u agree or not, peeps can make their own mind up)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I'm asking you (politely) to be accurate. Research suggests a mix of Omega-3 and Omega-6 at around a ratio of 1:1 is about right. A balanced diet should obviate the need for such supplements. However they also contain Omega-9 (Olive oil etc) assuming we are referring to the same supplements?

I'm happy to accept your intentions were honourable. BTW, I don't do 'snide or childish', tear the odd second arse now and again if you ain't sharp lol

Enjoy the forum and the banter M8 :)

You can do google searches, very sharp. My arse is fine how it is thanks.

Back