No good time to upgrade.

Thanks, got one from Overclockers. I knew about them but I was looking at mounting the graphics vertically so would likely have needed to come up with something bespoke. Decided against it for now.

Had a right game trying to get an activated windows 10 pro on this machine though and am unsure as to whether or not I was successful. I have always preferred the method of installing and activating win 7 with Daz loader, then running gatherosstate.exe to generate a genuine ticket before installing a clean copy of win 10.
Either it behaves differently with the 20H2 version or it isn't activated. My existing build which has been activated since I first installed win 10 also appears to no longer be activated. There are no warnings.
View attachment 133794
Cant you open "this pc" or "my computer"...then right click and choose properties..it tells you in there if windows is activated or not?

Mine is the same @chookey m8 after the new update
It may be activated. There are none of the usual warnings and nowhere on that page to say whether it is or not. Thanks for replying Spud, I was hoping that someone else with the update would have checked.
If I'm gonna be in the shit I don't want to be the only one. 🤣 🤣 🤣

I would imagine it would tell you in that screen if it wasnt activated, and probably wouldnt give you the option to change the product key?

I would imagine it would tell you in that screen if it wasnt activated, and probably wouldnt give you the option to change the product key?
I have a mate who is using an unactivated copy of win 10 pro, it really doesn't stop you doing anything anymore. I'm going to ask him to update to 20H2 and see what his reports.

settings /update & security/activation.... just double checked the version

New build not activated so looks as if the GenuineTicket.xml may not work on 20H2. May install an older copy of win 10 to do the activation and then update to 20H2. I know there is the KMS option but I can't be bothered with redoing it every now and then.

New build not activated so looks as if the GenuineTicket.xml may not work on 20H2. May install an older copy of win 10 to do the activation and then update to 20H2. I know there is the KMS option but I can't be bothered with redoing it every now and then.

AutoKMS?

I installed it a little while ago mate. Was hesitant as I preferred the other method. It was going to be too difficult to do my preferred method and still may not have worked. Only 2 reasons probably why it wouldn't work for me.

1/ I have a Z490 motherboard which there are no real windows 7 drivers for. Would have been preferable to have all the hardware installed before generating a GenuineTicket.xml.

2/ Maybe the 20H2 update isn't compatible with the method I was using.

There's no going back. Activated it with KMS thanks to a file uploaded by @ketmp :D . Installed some of my Steam library along with all my passwords and important documents.
Installed iCue software and had a little play. Leaving it now till my graphics card arrives.

First couple of days of toying with this new build I was swopping my GTX 970 over to it. Found out today the Z490 has onboard graphics and there was no need for it 🤣🤣🤣

Back