Nexus 4

what? you think im a fooking idiot like who wouldn't turn it on ? ffs what do you take me for mate ? no i didn't :blushing: works a treat :LOL: , just trying to find out if there is a setting to get rid of the "frequent caller" thing now

LMFAO i know that cos i didnt turn it on either..worse still my gf had to tell me lol.
What frequent caller thing? in call list ?

aye, thing is i just pop it in the holder in the car ( taxi driver) & when i want to call someone i aint called in a while that list is at the top of the contacts & i have to scroll, bit of a pain when ya driving

aye, thing is i just pop it in the holder in the car ( taxi driver) & when i want to call someone i aint called in a while that list is at the top of the contacts & i have to scroll, bit of a pain when ya driving

I found voice activated dialling to be pretty accurate.

the thing i didnt like with carbon back up is it said i had to connect it to pc each time you restart the phone

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

the thing i didnt like with carbon back up is it said i had to connect it to pc each time you restart the phone

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yeah that is the only thing with it I don't mind so much only back up like once a week so not so bad or when I'm going to wipe my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

i ordered mine it said it would be 3 weeks but arrived 2 days later

Had to do a RMA on mine phoned google monday got a replacment today now thats a good service

Why did you have to RMA your Nexus 4 , what was wrong with it ? They seem to be having quite a high RMA rate. I RMA'd my first one due to crap battery life and WiFi issues. My second one is fine now that I changed my WiFi router at home. But the N4 has definitely got dodgy WiFi chipset or drivers.. I had issues with 2 different Linksys routers even with multiple different firmwares DD-WRT, Stock etc.. No other device had any issues with these routers including my Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Desire, various laptops/notebooks. The 2nd Nexus 4 was the same fault as the first.

I agree the RMA process is very east and no problems getting Google to send you a new phone, but they are crap at admitting to the actual issue existing in the first place and dont seem to be able to offer any actual fixes other than factory reset, clear cache, re-add google account... They also blatantly lie about things..like "this is the first time this issue has ever been reported"...Intresting that a quick google search reveals hundreds of complaints about various WiFi Issues with the N4. There has been some offiicial confirmation that Qualcomm WiFi drivers are buggy..but no fix date has been provided..

Last edited:
Mine was for the speaker phone was not working properly. Not had a problem with the wifi tho. But a friend of mine can't update his s3 cos as soon as he does he can't connect to any wifi as soon as he rolls back firmware it's working again. He is worried cos of that sudden death thing that's happening to the s3 so he really needs the update.

Mine was for the speaker phone was not working properly. Not had a problem with the wifi tho. But a friend of mine can't update his s3 cos as soon as he does he can't connect to any wifi as soon as he rolls back firmware it's working again. He is worried cos of that sudden death thing that's happening to the s3 so he really needs the update.

Mine also had an issue over speaker phone, very poor quality

Mine also had an issue over speaker phone, very poor quality

Well what mine was when I made a call over speaker phone the person on the other end says I was breaking up all the time. This replacement was seems fine.

I just downloaded the following s01e08.1080p web-dl dd5.1.H264 -kings and it played that loud it scared my missus using xbmc on my RPi

I just downloaded the following s01e08.1080p web-dl dd5.1.H264 -kings and it played that loud it scared my missus using xbmc on my RPi

i get that on the tv too, the volum recording different and i S..t myself

Anyone her used the slimport lead from nexus 4 to hdmi?

Back