Google and Facebook account

eder

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Over recent weeks I am receiving a flood of emails and text messages with verification codes as if someone is trying to gain access to the accounts. For Google I receive 3 or 4 text per day!

I've done all the obvious things, like change password and review current security settings, recovery email, phone etc. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if there are anything else I should do!

Cheers :)

Hi peeps,

Over recent weeks I am receiving a flood of emails and text messages with verification codes as if someone is trying to gain access to the accounts. For Google I receive 3 or 4 text per day!

I've done all the obvious things, like change password and review current security settings, recovery email, phone etc. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if there are anything else I should do!

Cheers :)
What did Google say when you asked?

What did Google say when you asked?
Oh sorry, I haven't actually contacted Google directly. They will just probably direct me to do the things I already done. Just wanted to check if anyone else were experiencing the same.

Oh sorry, I haven't actually contacted Google directly. They will just probably direct me to do the things I already done. Just wanted to check if anyone else were experiencing the same.
No probs, tbh there only about 5-10 members who actively use the forum so might struggle
Here's quick search for same issue
Hey, have you gotten a Google verification code that you didn't request? There could be a few reasons for this:

Someone might be trying to log into your account from a different device, and Google sent you the code as a security measure.
You might have recently changed your password or enabled two-factor authentication, and the code is part of that process.
There might be an issue with your account or the device you're using, and Google is trying to verify that everything is still active and secure.
If you get a Google verification code that you didn't request, don't give the code to anyone else. If you think someone is trying to access your account, change your password immediately and consider enabling two-factor authentication. If you're not sure why you got the code or if you're having trouble accessing your account, reach out to Google support for help.

Also this may help
A: Are you receiving multiple verification codes you did not request for Google Account recovery? - Google Account Community

I haven’t experienced it before ever.
As long as you’ve got two step certification enabled or use an authenticating app, I can’t see a problem.
I use both personally.

I get them regularly for my Microsoft account.

Seems that a lot of them are phising. Be careful.

It had from Google but you have done the right things.
as per Nara I get loads from Microsoft but have 2FA so hopefully all is good.

annoying and seems to be getting worse so as per others keep doing the right things and if in doubt ignore messages, i assume they send mass attacks as they expect one to get through when your not 100% focussed.

Back