New EMU is finally complete (could work on dream with some work)

When Vm did to the cable modems what they did to the cable boxes there was the same fallout between the members as there is now and even some people claiming credit for stuff they never di I imagine must VM are laughing their heads off at the petty bickering. So much for uniting under the hacking banner!

In the grand scheme of life, nobody should care about petty bickering of any sort! TV is TV, one quarter of the people on the face of this planet don't have electricity, a concept that was pretty much formalised over 350 years ago! So lets get things into context here.

But yes, acquiring free television does give us something to do, should we argue about it? Perhaps, again, it's something to do. Am I on topic? No. Have I been drinking Carlsberg Export? Yes. Will I be drinking it again.....Probably! (Boom boom!)

Last edited:
Thanks trackermut and whoever else , that took the time and effort to write this new emu.Thanks and well done.:Clap::Clap:

"a concept that was pretty much formalised over 350 years ago"

try 1600bc, have you forgot the egyptians invented electricity! lol
still cant see why are some people are moaning at each other? we have a fix, trackermut and others are helping out getting new things for us all, out of their own time, for free, are we all such tv adicts??? life is good.....
can this emu be used in satellite emus? nagra roms i notice are in my 7020 keys list?

Last edited:
"a concept that was pretty much formalised over 350 years ago"

try 1600bc, have you forgot the egyptians invented electricity! lol
still cant see why are some people are moaning at each other? we have a fix, trackermut and others are helping out getting new things for us all, out of their own time, for free, are we all such tv adicts??? life is good.....
can this emu be used in satellite emus? nagra roms i notice are in my 7020 keys list?

It's an emu developed for the ITGATE boxes, how do we know for sure if it was developed for free ? maybe the ITGATE retailers paid for it ...
Although a new emu is no bad thing, exactly where it leaves the linux box scene in terms of support is questionable, it's another closed source cam much like evocamd and mgcamd, your still reliant on the original team or someone with access to the sourcecode to patch it everytime something changes in the keyrool methods that the emu doesnt support.
What exactly is better about hypercam then evocamd and mgcamd, apart from correct handling of the latest keyroll method ? It's not clear what future proofing this cam actually gives...

Hypercam is much more a n1 rom 7,10,11 simulation then mgcamd or evocamd has ever been, and ever will be as they will never support n1 uk again,,, Hypercam team will fully support any furture upgrades needed to the n1 system,, and already on the n2 scene on satellite.
The Hypercam team definlty work for free, its the type of thing people like that do,, and from the posts around the forums here, you should know these people are not easy to come by.
Yes its closed source,as is EVERY emu out there,, well recent linux emus.. as stated before no one wants jailed or tracked down and killed lol but at least now there is a emu team supporting fully uk n1.

If you cant see the benefits of a new true nagra simulation emulator then you your should stick to using patched roms for the rest of enternity.. but at least on next attack we know we can move fast,,,, much much faster than last attack, and Hypercam will be the best for the job, even more so as they try to clamp down and send attacks and future profing surly be recognized when its being used for rom110 etc.
But hey, each to there own accords, If you stop questioning the cam and start working on how to get running on dream/dbox a lot more people will be better off..

Am I right in saying that this version doesn't support dreambox, but a future version will?

No this can be ported to dreambox now or with minor adjustments some lib files may be required, we work on itgate boxes not dream so we cant port because we dont have dreamboxs. we have no objection to you using just dont have equipment or time to do.

Hypercam is much more a n1 rom 7,10,11 simulation then mgcamd or evocamd has ever been, and ever will be as they will never support n1 uk again,,, Hypercam team will fully support any furture upgrades needed to the n1 system,, and already on the n2 scene on satellite.
The Hypercam team definlty work for free, its the type of thing people like that do,, and from the posts around the forums here, you should know these people are not easy to come by.
Yes its closed source,as is EVERY emu out there,, well recent linux emus.. as stated before no one wants jailed or tracked down and killed lol but at least now there is a emu team supporting fully uk n1.

If you cant see the benefits of a new true nagra simulation emulator then you your should stick to using patched roms for the rest of enternity.. but at least on next attack we know we can move fast,,,, much much faster than last attack, and Hypercam will be the best for the job, even more so as they try to clamp down and send attacks and future profing surly be recognized when its being used for rom110 etc.
But hey, each to there own accords, If you stop questioning the cam and start working on how to get running on dream/dbox a lot more people will be better off..
I agree with what you are saying we can try to get this going on our boxes can you put this in downloads with some info what goes where rather than one file here one there posted by third party *****

I'm puzzled you originally posted here 'new emu ready in 24hrs beta testers rqd' or something along those lines.
And now back track?if it was only ever going to be used with an itgate then you should have said this.
You've only got to read that thread to see replies/anticipation,and now the false hope within this thread.

I'm puzzled you originally posted here 'new emu ready in 24hrs beta testers rqd' or something along those lines.
And now back track?if it was only ever going to be used with an itgate then you should have said this.
You've only got to read that thread to see replies/anticipation,and now the false hope within this thread.

best post on the whole thread,sums up everyones thoughts.

Okay will say again "on Linux box" never Dreambox so were is the back tracking, what do you want us to do go onto ebay buy a clone dreambox 500 and port for you. Because no one can spend the time porting from one Linux box to another ?.

we took the time to do this and let you have files to use. if you don't and cant be bothered then nagra 2 roll out will be the death of dreambox don't see any help from another emu team ( all have abandoned nagra 1 ). this took some effort and called in a lot of favour es to help on this project from all over Europe. if you don't want help close the thread and put a nail in dreambox uk coffin what more do you want. its all there nagra 1 and nagra 2 use it or wait for the nagra 2 axe.

Last edited:
Why post in the dreambox section?seems to have been a good PR exercise for the itgate.
Peeps were practicably wetting themselves in that thread and talking about having a whip round,you could have been more to the point wrt which box this was being developed for.

I'm suspecting that this anouncement may of been nothing more than a delaying tactic to allow the ItGate boxes to be fixed before the dreambox.

There have been some quite scathing comments regarding the "slow" support on ITgate during the recent problems and I imagine having a fix before dboxes/dreamboxes were fixed would of been quite a major coup for them.

Perhaps i'm just been cynical but i've seen this kind of thing happening too many times now.

you have a good point there m8

its all been laughable really 3 threads I think its been and feck all on day of release
then when someone releases it its not for the Dream
I will move this to the NON DBOX2/DREAMBOX section and change the title I think

Why because 96% of code is the same. never told any one to buy itagte easiest thing for us to do would be roll out on itgate box. We could have just kept quiet as there is a working but dirty solution wait for nagra 2 then laugh ma ass of but no we did not. said Linux box deliberately not trying to blow itgates trumpet.

Last edited:
Okay will say again "on Linux box" never Dreambox so were is the back tracking, what do you want us to do go onto ebay buy a clone dreambox 500 and port for you. Because no one can spend the time porting from one Linux box to another ?.

we took the time to do this and let you have files to use. if you don't and cant be bothered then nagra 2 roll out will be the death of dreambox don't see any help from another emu team ( all have abandoned nagra 1 ). this took some effort and called in a lot of favour es to help on this project from all over Europe. if you don't want help close the thread and put a nail in dreambox uk coffin what more do you want. its all there nagra 1 and nagra 2 use it or wait for the nagra 2 axe.

Does this emu support nagra 2?what revisions?

I dont think anyone is questioning the effort that was put in and your work is defo appreciated.

In hindsight It would have been good to state from the outset that it was originally for the ITgate,nothing that can be done about that now.Hopefully it will be ported to the dreambox soon and we can give you feedback and test it,if you like:)

all this tit for tat is very entertaining, but, is anybody trying to get hypercam 0.44 running on a DM

does it matter, who got what, did what, had what, first

I know feck all about this stuff, just how to use the finished product, but I have a 2nd box and will play around with it, if given a few pointers . . . . . .

come on, let's get with the program here.

Does this emu support nagra 2?what revisions?

I dont think anyone is questioning the effort that was put in and your work is defo appreciated.

In hindsight It would have been good to state from the outset that it was originally for the ITgate,nothing that can be done about that now.Hopefully it will be ported to the dreambox soon and we can give you feedback and test it,if you like:)

Trouble is an N2 card dump is needed till this is cracked,its game over for every box.

Back