New EMU is finally complete (could work on dream with some work)

i see no reason to close the thread, if indeed the Itgate team have put themselves out to develop a linux emulator of there own back then it shows linux box has technical support albeit it in a lesser known box.
generally files for linux are commonly compatible so maybe someone will try it on a dm500c?

tbc

of course on a side note since the thread title indicates the emu is infact ready for public beta then might i ask that what ever is required for such a task be actually posted. less this thread become exclusive to the Itgate in which case it would have no place in the dreambox room!! suggesting more of an advert than a development for said box!

Exactly m8 if it was posted up as promised then we can get on with putting it in a dream and a dbox image why the wait?

Much appreciated all the hard work gone into this Lads!!!

Cheers

Xenafan

of course on a side note since the thread title indicates the emu is infact ready for public beta then might i ask that what ever is required for such a task be actually posted. less this thread become exclusive to the Itgate in which case it would have no place in the dreambox room!! suggesting more of an advert than a development for said box!

sorry bigman.. didnt mean it in a negative way.. but I thought exactly whats mentioned above.. when I first seen it thread. I thought it was out and on the downloads section to download.. but when I actually read the post it was more like how itgate was the first one to be developed etc....

does it have any place in the dreembox section ???

sorry bigman.. didnt mean it in a negative way.. but I thought exactly whats mentioned above.. when I first seen it thread. I thought it was out and on the downloads section to download.. but when I actually read the post it was more like how itgate was the first one to be developed etc....

does it have any place in the dreembox section ???

agree with you, but if eventually its released for all boxes then its a good thing for everyone, and if the peeps doing this have only got itgates then obviously it'll be for them 1st

i think we'll just have to wait and see

Out of interest, what does this new EMU offer additional to what we already have? Anything?

thanks to hyper teams and tracker man we are on the right track now.and also who fixed the rom thats gave more time to hypercam/trackerman. this is called pation is vertue. once again thanks. final quetion where does this camd goes?i mean which folder? thank you very much.

Last edited:
wow, didnt know we at DW had TBC on our side as well as trackermut, thought TBC was on another site.
found this Igtate...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ITGATE-TGC-200-LATEST-LINUX-BOX_W0QQitemZ270227207468QQcmdZViewItem

not sure if i'd buy one? the dm500c does its job, cant seem to find much support for this Itgate?

the actual latest itgate is the tgc 220 not the 200 as in the link youn have here. i have an itgate 220 myself as well as a dreambox 500c and starview. the starview is not even in the same legue as the itgate and the dreambox. they are both linux boxes and so are in a legue of their own. there is a whole lot of fantastic support out there for the itgate especially from the official itgate support site with fantastic members that forum is very similar to this with a fantastic comunity and fantastic help when needed within mins of posting somebody is always around to help, just like this fantastic site i admit i have been using this site longer than the othe but i think variety is always good.
my opinion of the ithgate 220 vs the dreambox 500c is that they are both excellent boxes and have similar features. the main differences is that the itgate has a changable tuner and can support a cable or a sat card it is easily changable. also the itgate has a usb port to support a usb hard drive where the dream 500c doesnt, i dont actually use the usb feature or the sat card side of my itgate i use it as i use the dreambox 500c.
i think the software on both boxes are both excellent and the makers of the software are excellent to all of us as the software is excellent and we all appreciate the work done by all involved
i think it is the same with anything that it is down to personal choice and preferance to which each individuaql prefers i love both and dont have a preferance either way. does anybody else have an itgate and what are your views on it?

the actual latest itgate is the tgc 220 not the 200 as in the link youn have here. i have an itgate 220 myself as well as a dreambox 500c and starview. the starview is not even in the same legue as the itgate and the dreambox. they are both linux boxes and so are in a legue of their own. there is a whole lot of fantastic support out there for the itgate especially from the official itgate support site with fantastic members that forum is very similar to this with a fantastic comunity and fantastic help when needed within mins of posting somebody is always around to help, just like this fantastic site i admit i have been using this site longer than the othe but i think variety is always good.
my opinion of the ithgate 220 vs the dreambox 500c is that they are both excellent boxes and have similar features. the main differences is that the itgate has a changable tuner and can support a cable or a sat card it is easily changable. also the itgate has a usb port to support a usb hard drive where the dream 500c doesnt, i dont actually use the usb feature or the sat card side of my itgate i use it as i use the dreambox 500c.
i think the software on both boxes are both excellent and the makers of the software are excellent to all of us as the software is excellent and we all appreciate the work done by all involved
i think it is the same with anything that it is down to personal choice and preferance to which each individuaql prefers i love both and dont have a preferance either way. does anybody else have an itgate and what are your views on it?

nah, the itgate 220 actually came first with the usb port, they decided to produce 1 without the usb port (itg 200) later. Stay close to the guys who sell most of these boxes and was probably 1 of the first couple of dozen to have 1. Agree with everything you said bout the boxes though, great box if any1 is thinking of getting 1.:Cheers:

cannot wait to try the first uk emu.

lol... wonder when this thread will be closed.. Rat, Devilish, bigman were are you ??
i closed the other thread because the emu was promised in 24hrs
then days later i pm'd him and got no reply so waited 4 more days and he had been on the forum and still hadnt posted or pm's me
so that is why i closed the thread
and now even though the emu has been finished
still no sign of it

I for one am looking forward to seeing it and trying it on the DMs
the more options the better and it's great to see people around who can do this stuff . . . . . ..

i closed the other thread because the emu was promised in 24hrs
then days later i pm'd him and got no reply so waited 4 more days and he had been on the forum and still hadnt posted or pm's me
so that is why i closed the thread
and now even though the emu has been finished
still no sign of it

absolutely you were right to closed the last other thread. if i was admin then would do the same. specially some one does not reply, now wait and see how long does he take to put new EMU here.

Just put the new software for the IT Gate on. The AU is a thing called Hypercam. It cleared the channels in seconds. Seems to be the dogs. Wonder if there is a way of copying the Hypercam over into a DW 500 image.

I know there is hypercam and hypercam 0.28 in the downloads feature on the CLi image
this one hypercam 0.44 must be a new version of that, wonder if it will be available thru the CLi interface. .

thanks for information on itgate, could be a bit of a atari Vs amiga debate?
i dont own one so cant really comment on that against the dm500. also got dbox2 and 7020si.
basically got these as having a 50" tv the picture looked horrible with VM's boxes.
my comment on support is based on looking on other sites and the amount of owners with backup from other users seems to out weigh that of this itgate.
my link to ebay was just a quick ref for anyone to look futher!
i aslo would like to know what the differance and advantages of this new emu, over the fixed roms that tbc etc have done for us?
can it be used for satellite? can some-one educate us a bit please?
wil a image be done for the 500c?

Those files are named this way :

nagraromX.bin where X should be 2, 3, 7, 10 or 11 depending on your ROM version.

nagraromXext.bin with the same ROM number, if you have an extension.

nagraeprX_YY.bin, with X being the ROM number and YY being the first two digits of the main provider

of the card. For example, if you emulate 5401, you have to provider nagraepr7_54.bin for a ROM 7 card

dump.

It's own, clean, roms by the looks of things.

The roms made by astra,tbc,cydine??? or an.other

At a guess, the rom's before any patches were applied to them. Although I'd say those patched roms will also work on them (but the whole point of this is to not need the patched roms, it's theoretically a better emulator).

Back