navi-x add on - it's a must have......

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I made a post in the apple TV section after hearing about what it could do and it's escalated into finding "navi-x" and the add on for a pc that has "xbmc" installed on it.

it works on lots of devices. :)

18-08-201219-29-04.jpg

I've got it working on the ps3, along with PS3 media server and some plug-ins and stuff but it's not 100% on the ps3 (working on it though...watch this space)

How ever, stuck xbmc on the revo and then added the "navi-x" as a plugin and away it goes.

Quite neat and though I'd post.

Think I'll be keeping a close eye on it and seeing what other devices you'll be able to get navi-x running.....

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

this is the "apple tv thread that I started with... here

Last edited by a moderator:
It was me that mentioned navi-x i was surprised at the response tbh as i thought it was common knowledge.

I'll be looking for a revo or android or other nettop myself so i dont have to use my laptop with hdmi out.

just waiting for the right item at the right price as funds are low at the minute.

in the first screenshot why do you have to pay for it
on android and not on others,i were gonna have a dabble with this
on my galaxy s3,then i saw you had to pay :eek:

yeah thanks man it was, I'd never heard of it before you mentioned it, it's the bees like init....

What do you think you'll get to play it back on?

The PS3 is about 40% success rate at playing the files back but as I said I'm working on that, just got to trawl through some debug logs....

As for the revo, it works really well, I'd say about 98% of the files play back.

What kind of device you think you'll get mate, been thinking of an Apple TV for the spare room.

Bummer its not on blackmart alpha either :(

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

in the first screenshot why do you have to pay for it
on android and not on others,i were gonna have a dabble with this
on my galaxy s3,then i saw you had to pay :eek:

Even a one off fee though, it's not going to break the bank for all the content you get like mate.

yeah thanks man it was, I'd never heard of it before you mentioned it, it's the bees like init....

What do you think you'll get to play it back on?

The PS3 is about 40% success rate at playing the files back but as I said I'm working on that, just got to trawl through some debug logs....

As for the revo, it works really well, I'd say about 98% of the files play back.

What kind of device you think you'll get mate, been thinking of an Apple TV for the spare room.

Im going for a revo or similar type nettop with remote function.

appletv2 are too expensive and not as fast as the nettops, it runs but from what ive seen of it not as good.

apples are selling from 150 to 200 quid on ebay ridiculous as revo's and other similar nettops sell for the same amount and can dual boot win7 and xbmc..

I'll set one to auto boot xbmc but have win7 on another partition just incase i need a real pc to access if my leppy breaks etc... but mainly it will just boot straight into xbmc.

some people run win7 then xbmc through win7 but apparently its better to run it on its own as you dont have all the win7 running processes eating at it.

just got to get some funds together to get one as im skint at the minute so my laptop will have to do with the hdmi out to the tv.

I installed xbmc on my advent vega tablet , both navi-x and 1channel work well on it , if you take a look over on xda developers ,this thread here
XBMC For Android Nightlies - xda-developers
theres an xbmc for loads of android devises both neon and non-neon

I'm not sure what to look , either an Apple TV or maybe another revo? Have 2 ps3's here that it's on but not fully functioning. was looking at a "boxee" as well?

Can't decide. of course it works on a archos, which I just so happened to sell....doh....

What about a raspberry?

looks ike its down this morning m8 .. showing errors this end too

I'm not sure what to look , either an Apple TV or maybe another revo? Have 2 ps3's here that it's on but not fully functioning. was looking at a "boxee" as well?

Can't decide. of course it works on a archos, which I just so happened to sell....doh....

What about a raspberry?

yeah it works on the P.I and also its on cheap android devices now like the sumvision nano slim etc.... im holding fire on the android side though as they're all beta builds so not 100% yet.

just seen that it works (apparently) with "showtime" it's a package file for the PS3, going to give it a go.....

Navi-X on Showtime Media Center (Playstation 3, Mac and Linux) by Facanferff:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Sweet, got it working on the ps3 and it's much better than having to run PMS, no transcoding and the like on the machine.

All sorted now, that's saved me a bit of coin then shelling out for something new to play with. lol...you know what I'm like for the gadgets.

Streams work really well.

If you do install on your ps3 then make sure you use the 3.99 beta build as navi-x only works on that one.

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

Last edited:
NICE ONE, YOU SHOULD DO A STEP BY STEP FOR DUMMIES...... ive never even looked into getting it going on the ps3 even though i have one sat gathering dust under my tv.

something id consider giving a go but im a lazy fecker at the minute and wouldnt be arsed doing all the digging like you have.

edit: just looked at the link i see its for hacked ps3's, mines been updated a while now as i was going to sell it due to lack of use.

i see its just a .pkg install.... easy for the hacked ps3's.

Last edited:
yes mate that's it, just install and away you go, I leave my PMS server running as well that way you don't have to exit out of it should you wish to see your own media.

It's looking good so far....enjoying it.

ive been tempted by this for a while now

Sumvision Cyclone Nano Slim Plus 2GB Android Media Player | Ebuyer.com

exactly the same as the Pivos xios ds (the makers and funders of xbmc for andriod and the ones doing a linux port for the same box) apparently its just rebranded and it does support the hardware acceleration. for the money ive not found a better xbmc box so far although some say the air mouse is not that great... but if its a pain then the android remote will work anyways.

tempted because

A: its cheap
B: its a rebrand of the people who are making the xbmc for android so firmware compatible
C: as above these peop-le have made a linux port to work on this box yet its only in beta stage, but a good release will see me do away with android and use it with linux.

just waiting to pull the trigger on it tbh.... ive been watching them for weeks and the price has gone down then back up a few times.

Not seen anything better thats in a decent price range and not stupid money like revo's and esp appletv2's

This box is suppose to run sweeter than the atv2 aswell.

I had one mate, just couldn't get away with the remote, the wand, bit strange..... and you have to keep changing the batteries more than you think ...I'd have a rethink, other than that then it was cool, never got round to streaming off my network though, it was a case of attached nas or usb, never gave it time, all though putting xbmc on it probs would have let me, so just heads up before you buy one mate.

I did have a quick look at a ready nas app for it but never managed to get it to see my shares on the network....think big-hol knows how though....

Back