Burglar alarm tamper fault?

willin

DW Regular
Reaction score
Can someone offer advice, I have a burglar alarm system Scantronic 9448+ was installed (built in with the house) when the house was built around 25 years ago. Manual

I fitted a new front door and swapped the sensor (same one) 1 x Electrotec CO05 Burglar Alarm White Quick Fit Door Contacts - 5 Terminal Professional Quality Magnetic Reed Switch Contact Type : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools like for like to the inner frame/ top of the door, had to extend the wiring which was a little short – all crimped etc. I had fitted the door that came off around 7 years ago fitting this sensor then (reed sensor/magnet type, above), all worked fine.

The main problem is when I tried to re armed the alarm it was showing a tamper fault and will not arm

It looks like it had gone open circuit. Have changed the battery (even though it was testing absolutely fine) is about 8 or 9 year old. checked the two PIR’s – they seem fine, been around the tamper switches I know of extending springs etc - remote keypad in the hall, control panel (in a cupboard), I have even tried the bell outside, all seem to be working. Pulled the fuse and battery (panel) let the alarm run out to reset to defaults.

To add to this I have fitted a new patio door which had a sensor, replacing with same as the front door (above).

When I do an engineer’s walk test the panel is supposed to give a continual tone, it doesn’t it beeps, also showing a fault on the EE (front door) and the patio door. I’m sure they have been connected correctly. Wires connected to the sensors are Red, Yellow, Blue, and Black.

Anything fairly simple (like me) I can try/test/do before paying someone?

Picture of the panel inside

[/url
]

As above could be the magnet not closing the circuit and you will get a fault form the alarm control panel

You could try conductivity test on the wiring as well

Try one door at a time , remove the wires from the PCB and connect the black and red together then with the meter do a conductivity test at the door if you here a bleep then the wiring is making a full circuit then try the same with the yellow and blue , do this without the door censor connected , if you get bleeps then there is no brakes on the wiring ect

hi, i know this might be a silly question but have you fitted the cover back on the panel, done this before fitting viper window switches and forgot to put cover back on.

The contact you have only needs to run on one wire split and put either side of those silver screws. The rest of the wiring should be match up joined together and screwed to the rest of the terminals individually . Have you done this?. It works like Christmas tree lighting.

I would like to apologise for leaving this, we have had a family ermm problem, I will get back to this at some stage, alarm is in engineers mode and will stay there for now.

Back