My new Technomate 5402HD review

The 5402HD is a great box but have to disagree about the Blind Scan with the 45,000 symbol rate hardware fault when a low symbol rate confuses the receiver & up pops a symbol rate of 45,000 = no signal

It amazes me that this fault in the hardware has never been corrected & exists in all the Hubtech clones DrHD D15 & F16,Blade 7000s HD, ect ect at least the Blind Scan on the TM5302HD when it works "lol" does not exhibit this Hardware Fault just pure laziness of the Far East Manufacturers to even attempt to sort out this error, the TM1500CISuper+ was a brilliant blind scan receiver something not surpassed with the HD versions.

Yes the TM5402HD is good but it could be much better even the M2 version of the TM5402HD has this Blind Scan fault :FRIGHT:

Hi Merliin,

I assume you can still manually scan the Low SR TP's in manually and it finds the channel no problem, and just to let you know there is a new patch for your DrHD D15 108p which apparently fixes the EPG stream on 28.2° east but still now owrd on the blind scan bug.

Regards

Yes no problems adding low symbol rates manually down to 1000 below this 999 an error message "Invalid Symbol Rate Try again !!"

The Blind Scan on the TM6900HD Combo Super finds 95% of active feeds between 2000 to 45,000 but does overwrite some transponders if active transponder is within 3GHz of the last found.

TM5402HD Blind Scan performs the same as the TM6900HD with the inclusion of a Hardware Build Blind Scan fault that corrupts a found low symbol rate of 2000 to 7000 with a non existent symbol rate for the active transponder of 45,000.

There is a post on 7days epg for 28e somewhere...

choose a channel on 11778V27499, once on there you'll see "no audio/video"...that's normal.
on remote press >epg>info then wait few minutes...exit, and your 7days epg should be loaded (you need hdd,usb plugged to 5402)

That's how I get epg, if not fully correct, anyone is welcome to modify.
I thought with 1.28p it was "said" faster epg loading, well I did not spot much difference...

Thanks Cfripro........Your instruction works perfect. But the 7days list disappear when receiver is re-booted and have to repeat the process to get it back. I guess this must be manufacturers fault. Can't get my head round why the function is unable to store in memory.

Thanks Cfripro........Your instruction works perfect. But the 7days list disappear when receiver is re-booted and have to repeat the process to get it back. I guess this must be manufacturers fault. Can't get my head round why the function is unable to store in memory.

Well I dont know if it is a manufacturers fault but YES, you'll need to do it everytime you switch OFF/ON your stb...

Back