My new shed

kabzy mabzy said:
did u have someone helpomg you. because you need a high level of joinery skill to do that.

I built it in loads of sections ( the roof and floor have 6 sheets of 18mm plywood) the front and back were built in 2 sections each and the 2 sides built seperately. All my own work honest apart from when the wife and a couple of mates held it up for me when I was putting it together and i had to get the step son to felt the roof as I am too heavy to get up on it
The hardest part by far was hanging the french doors took me ages to get them nearly level.

Im off to sit in it now with a few beers

ur shed

Biggav said:
Havent been on a lot lately as I have been building a shed/summerhouse in my back garden. Im almost finished just a bit more painting and some wooden blinds and double glazing to go in. Im chuffed to bits with it as its the first proper DIY thing I have done bearing in mind I built it from scratch with tongue and groove wood and 2x2 posts and the fact that Ive worked in an office for 14 years. Ive got plenty scratches and cuts where ive either sawn my finger or hit/screwdriven my thumb by accident, but I think its worth it
The approximate size is 13ft long by 10ft deep with one large summerhouse section (the double french door + window side) with a partition inside the other side a storage shed (single door)

What do you guys think of it.

PS Dont want anyone burgling it so I have air brushed out the address plaque I have on it
looks bigger than my house you rich bitch lol

Nice tidy looking job mate............you don't need planning permission for a shed as its classed as a temporary structure as long as its not more than 4m in height (apexed roof) and 5m from the road.

severus said:
Nice tidy looking job mate............you don't need planning permission for a shed as its classed as a temporary structure as long as its not more than 4m in height (apexed roof) and 5m from the road.
Severus is correct, but there are rules about the distance from your house and adjacent buildings, and these can vary depending on where you live. Anyway, it's a cracking shed, I want one just like it. :Clap:

wow amazing what a beautiful house, hardly can call it a shed with patio doors lol big question is how much did that set you back, i adore it well done and good living.

if i told you how much It cost you wouldnt believe me...

the doors i picked up from b+q clearance section around £8 each. The 2 double glazed windows ( one on the side away from the fence) cost me 0 for the frames from a friend but £25 for the glazing.

The wood, all in should have came to around £600 but I got it much less than this from a friend who worked in a woodyard.

all in I would estimate it cost me less than £400

I will have to upload a new pic of it as since i took it I have added a long storage section along the side and put wooden blinds up on the inside, ive also carpeted the inside it now has electrics in it also. too cold at the minute to sit in it but looking forward to the summer.

if i told you how much It cost you wouldnt believe me...

the doors i picked up from b+q clearance section around £8 each. The 2 double glazed windows ( one on the side away from the fence) cost me 0 for the frames from a friend but £25 for the glazing.

The wood, all in should have came to around £600 but I got it much less than this from a friend who worked in a woodyard.

all in I would estimate it cost me less than £400

I will have to upload a new pic of it as since i took it I have added a long storage section along the side and put wooden blinds up on the inside, ive also carpeted the inside it now has electrics in it also. too cold at the minute to sit in it but looking forward to the summer.
why dont u pipe in the central heating from ur house lol
lag the pipes between the house and the shed
lol

That looks like a top job mate. Well done. : colors1

As long as your 'garden shed' is no more than 50% of your garden you got no worries.

I'd consider getting a rad in. Tapping into the heating is real easy or if you dont want to piss around any more get some electric in there and wall mount a convecter heater. Seems like too good a place to miss out if its cold.

quality that mate your in the wrong job fancy buildin me a house i live in a flat that is smaller

Havent been on a lot lately as I have been building a shed/summerhouse in my back garden. Im almost finished just a bit more painting and some wooden blinds and double glazing to go in. Im chuffed to bits with it as its the first proper DIY thing I have done bearing in mind I built it from scratch with tongue and groove wood and 2x2 posts and the fact that Ive worked in an office for 14 years. Ive got plenty scratches and cuts where ive either sawn my finger or hit/screwdriven my thumb by accident, but I think its worth it
The approximate size is 13ft long by 10ft deep with one large summerhouse section (the double french door + window side) with a partition inside the other side a storage shed (single door)

What do you guys think of it.

PS Dont want anyone burgling it so I have air brushed out the address plaque I have on it

thats a belter m8 do u have a pool table and a bar in ther lol btw am looking for a timber kit erector u could come work for me lol

Back