Motor Stopped Turning

v14

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Guys,#

I have a moteck 2100 motor that's been working for just over a year with no problems.

Today it's decided it doesn't want to move.

When I press reset the green light comes on but as soon as I try and move it with the button on the motor it gives a sort of relay type click then the light goes yellow.

has anyone had this problem before?

have same problem with manhatten motor, try sending to refrence 0 in satellite set up menu, always works with mine.:Clap:

have same problem with manhatten motor, try sending to refrence 0 in satellite set up menu, always works with mine.:Clap:

No good m8, it's goosed.

Found this in the manual

The Motor doesn’ t make any
movement, but clicks from inside
of the motor can be heard

1. Check if the dish is too heavy. The maximum size of the
antenna is 1.2 m.

2. The DC motor inside is broken. Please contact your vendor
for repair.

2. The DC motor inside is broken. Please contact your vendor
for repair.

So what did you do?

Repair or replace?

I'm gonna try my luck with a warranty repair, they offer 3 years and I'm just outside that.

So what did you do?

Repair or replace?

I'm gonna try my luck with a warranty repair, they offer 3 years and I'm just outside that.

I took to bits on Sunday and there was a bad joint on one of the connections from the small pcb to the motor.

Blob of solder and it was back in business.

DSC00013.jpg

Oooh well done.

It never even crossed my mind to open it up and have a look.

That'll be my mission tomorrow.

I'm now wondering if it could maybe be the actual Dreambox that's fooked!

I stripped the dish down today, took the motor indoors and connectect the coax from the Dreambox. I then simulated going back and forth between all the satellites I would normally visit and the motor performed great. I tested it for about 15 minutes continually jumping back and forth from east and west. Then I reassembled everything, found 1w and strolled along perfectly until 28.8e. As soon as I started heading West it went tits up, so that's where I left it and came online to tell the world about my problem.

I've just nipped back out to the motor and I've noticed that the green power LED isn't lit, the LED is alight constantly as long as the motor is connected to the reciever, so now I'm worrying that the DM500 is the cause, could it not be sending enough power to the motor?

Certainly as it stands just now, it doesn't appear to be sending ANY power to the motor - or it could be that the motor has finally given up the ghost completely and that's why the LED isn't lit.

:err:

Possibly the transformer is failing and isn't putting out enough to move the motor on a longish cable run.

I'm now wondering if it could maybe be the actual Dreambox that's fooked!

I stripped the dish down today, took the motor indoors and connectect the coax from the Dreambox. I then simulated going back and forth between all the satellites I would normally visit and the motor performed great. I tested it for about 15 minutes continually jumping back and forth from east and west. Then I reassembled everything, found 1w and strolled along perfectly until 28.8e. As soon as I started heading West it went tits up, so that's where I left it and came online to tell the world about my problem.

I've just nipped back out to the motor and I've noticed that the green power LED isn't lit, the LED is alight constantly as long as the motor is connected to the reciever, so now I'm worrying that the DM500 is the cause, could it not be sending enough power to the motor?

Certainly as it stands just now, it doesn't appear to be sending ANY power to the motor - or it could be that the motor has finally given up the ghost completely and that's why the LED isn't lit.

:err:

Is the cable in good order m8 and also when you checked it in the house it did it have the dish on it if not then there would have been no load on the motor.
Also did you see this link in the other thread m8
digirotor satellite motor on eBay (end time 23-Sep-09 21:44:40 BST)

Thanks guys.

Yes saw that link mate and I'm in contact with the seller. :)

I replaced my coax at the week end as I found a few kinks in it that I thought may have been causing the problem, so I replaced that and ofcourse it didn't help.

I'm betting the dmbox's transformer is gubbed..

any takers? :)

I'm betting the dmbox's transformer is gubbed..

any takers? :)

When you say the transformer, do you mean the PSU or the internal circuitry that powers the DiSEqC?

When you say the transformer, do you mean the PSU or the internal circuitry that powers the DiSEqC?

does it have one of these?

I had a problem with my mates eagle box. He gave me it to set up for him but he gave me the wrong power supply.

Same spec as the proper one but wasn't putting out enough to power the box and the motor.

lol, yup that's it, the generic 12v DC thingy.

Back