Fire Cube TV no home screen

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So I had a bit of an issue streaming yesterday so I decided reboot the cube but for some reason home screen not appearing.
I know this can be a network issue I get that but this one is strange.
So I reboot cubetv shows the firestick logo then bottom right
Then blank,
If I hold the home button down I get the selection boxes like Profiles sleep settings apps.
If I click on my apps I can check the internet is ok with Analiti app that's installed and it works but if I select Settings it waits for about 10 seconds and goes blank.
I've used FireTv app on my phone and the home button on the app doesn't work.
So basically I can get into my apps but no home screen or settings.
This means it ain't a hdmi issue or I'd get nothing.
I thought the cube was iffy as the remote was lagging yesterday. I changed batteries but the same.
Anyone else had this or know how to resolve it ?

Might have to reset it and start over
had same problem myself the other year but but tried the reset a few times but no joy
contacted Amazon and got it replaced

reset.png

Ive mauled all morning and my patience has gone it's looking like a factory reset. Basically no home no settings

Ive mauled all morning and my patience has gone it's looking like a factory reset. Basically no home no settings
Before you do unplug it from the wall for a few minutes then plug it in again and wait some more without pressing any buttons to see if it helps

I tried that, I noticed remote lag recently and apps not closing so the SW must have gone t*ts up.
I just factory reset and straight away I noticed a massive difference. For weeks I'd been messing around with wireless and ethernet connector convinced it was a bband problem

Back