Meelo SE - new clone of Solo 2

I really tried everything.
On these boxes , there's no button.
Only main switch at the back, 2 LEDs on the front panel , that's all.

You're missing out a step mate, the red concentric circles to the left of the blue light is the power button you need to hold

I pressed this "button" .as it didn't do anything , I disassemble the front panel. There was nothing behind, only leds.

Hi,

Can someone tell me a blackhole image for Meelo Se??

Thanks,

I have tried everything to flash it but nothing has worked and now the box is broken (bricked) anyone know a way to resolve that, it comes on and all light seems ok but nothing is displayed on the TV.

I have tried everything to flash it but nothing has worked and now the box is broken (bricked) anyone know a way to resolve that, it comes on and all light seems ok but nothing is displayed on the TV.

You did the same mistake as I did mate. We don't have the good bootloader.
Return it asap and get the refund. There's no way to get these box up again at the moment.
Chinese only have these boxes in stock now , and they can't help..

To all people : stay miles away from sunraysat website. Jasen loves your money. Way too much !!

Starting to think I got lucky with my box :proud:

Flashed first time and runs great. I got it from Aliexpress, will post the seller if it's allowed?

Landerson, you got the old version , with the button on the front.
This one has only leds .

Mine was a sensitive of nothing.
You dont reply on PM mate.would like to see pictures of the one you got.

I noticed the usual chinese website now have a Meelo SE.
This appears to be basically the same as the clone - Solo 2 SE. Which is obviously based on Vu Solo 2 but without front display.
Has anyone got one of these clones?

Bought one for a friend who wanted a Sunray Solo2 but alas they are no more.
First thoughts, this is a stripped down Sunray. Cheaper build quality, lack of LCD display, very bright blue LED and a noisy fan.

Flashing the box with the Sunray Solo2 image was interesting with no display. I thought I'd initially bricked it. I was just impatient!

Performs the same as the Sunray. Slightly slower on boot, waits longer on the boot image but I only noticed as I had it running next to the Sunray.

Ordered a couple more from China. Huge improvement over the Zgemma H.2S for not a lot more money (extra £30ish after customs etc).

Going to look into replacing the fan on the next batch, and a cover over the LED (under the front panel) to tone it down (masking tape might work?)

The lack of security protection on these means be careful when flashing. DO NOT rush and don't forget the soft power button to kick start the flashing process.

Last edited:
Bought one for a friend who wanted a Sunray Solo2 but alas they are no more.
First thoughts, this is a stripped down Sunray. Cheaper build quality, lack of LCD display, very bright blue LED and a noisy fan.

Flashing the box with the Sunray Solo2 image was interesting with no display. I thought I'd initially bricked it. I was just impatient!

Performs the same as the Sunray. Slightly slower on boot, waits longer on the boot image but I only noticed as I had it running next to the Sunray.

Ordered a couple more from China. Huge improvement over the Zgemma H.2S for not a lot more money (extra £30ish after customs etc).

Going to look into replacing the fan on the next batch, and a cover over the LED (under the front panel) to tone it down (masking tape might work?)

The lack of security protection on these means be careful when flashing. DO NOT rush and don't forget the soft power button to kick start the flashing process.
Why would you buy a clone box with such limited support,Xtrend are doing the et 8500 for under £180 with the option of 4 tuners satellite or cable and a fantastic spec and lcd screen on the front,just look on WOS site and 2 year warranty,I run full iptv on mine and its perfect HD to

Price and spec is usually the driving force for buying a clone. Show me a 1300MHz twin tuner with internal hard drive bay for around £105. They don't exist. Sure, you can spend more but when someone has a budget which basically puts them in the Zgemma league, this particular box is a huge performance boost. Thanks for your valued input, and taking the time to respond. It was much appreciated. Have a nice weekend :)

Hello ALL.
How to install ftdi driver on Meelo+ 2 SE? When i login by Putty I see root@vusolo2:.

Same thing with me - no way to flash it - just not up to it...I really miss the Sunray boxes - terrific quality and good support - a real shame we can't get them anymore....

Back