Meelo SE - new clone of Solo 2

Just wondering about these Meelo boxes. Could renaming them stop them being classed as clones, since they are not using the Vu+ name any more? Then maybe they won't be raided and shut down?

By the way, tried flashing the Meelo SE image from their site onto my Solo2 SE clone. Got the Meelo splash screen but wouldn't boot any further. Didn't brick the box though

No, not really as they still use mostly same (or compatible) hardware including drivers.

Which images on here are suitable for the meelo ? Thinking of getting one for upstairs at home

For the Meelo SE, I would use Sunray Solo2 images as it has patched drivers.

I haven't got one but apparently they do but I can't personally confirm this nor would I attempt to try tbh.

I use Open BH 0.4 for my Meelo+ SE. It's ok, but softcams freeze often.

I'm also having the same question, could anyone help to answer ?

Hi, i have just go my hands on 1 of this Meelo SE box can any one give me info/steps on how to flash it, i have tried with no success so i must be missing something.

Hi, i have just go my hands on 1 of this Meelo SE box can any one give me info/steps on how to flash it, i have tried with no success so i must be missing something.

Make sure your using the correct images for your clone.

Fully power the receiver down by the toggle switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into the USB port on the receiver.
– Power the receiver on.
– The Blue L.E.D will quickly flash two or three times then start to fade in and out slowly.
– Once completed the Blue L.E.D will flash rapidly.
– If in doubt leave the receiver for a full 10 minutes before powering down and removing the
USB stick.

I have tried that but with no luck, can you tell me if i need to copy the image content to the root of the usb or do i need the vuplus or solose folder on the usb.

thanks but i tried that too anything else i could be doing wrong?

Hi mate
I ordered one ,never could flash this box !
I own several clones and guenuine boxes , no problem at all.
I shipped back to the seller and get a refund.
By the way , I tried to order on sunraysat , theres a guy named JASEN , avoid this guy , he ll ask for a transfer , and will never answer when hes got money !! :Kickassro

Thanks Satprofr, i have been trying for a while now but still no luck so now i need to think about sending it back too.

You need to do the following, worked first time for me:

1. Download the image you would like to use (recommend sunray images), extract the vuplus folder
2. Turn the box off at the back.
3. Put the USB into the front slot then power on the receiver. After approx 2 seconds press and hold the standby button for about 10 seconds then let go (I held it as I turned it on for a good 30 seconds or so).
4.Nothing will happen on the screen, just leave it for 5 minutes and wait for the new image to boot.

Last edited:
I really tried everything.
On these boxes , there's no button.
Only main switch at the back, 2 LEDs on the front panel , that's all.

The USB key is seen , no problem at all. Tried the front and the back one.
No success. USB key blinks , and the box boot normal .
Tried flashing the 2 IMG from official site meelo , no success , tried official IMG , special clones IMG , and ...no success..
Sadly , the box is really affordable , but not upgradable...

The USB key is seen , no problem at all. Tried the front and the back one.
No success. USB key blinks , and the box boot normal .
Tried flashing the 2 IMG from official site meelo , no success , tried official IMG , special clones IMG , and ...no success..
Sadly , the box is really affordable , but not upgradable...

If you have tried other usb sticks and formatting of the usb stick then the fault has to lie with the box i just dont understand how the box can see the stick but not use it for flashing.

Back