Manchester United thread

the right back slot has been a problem for us this season... hopefully wes brown is fit enough for the rest of the season with rafael as backup..

good win today.. its a shame about the two injuries especially Neville's considering his torrid time on the injury list..

Rafael is a good enough cover and with Wes Brown due back this weekend we should be fine in that position...

Luckily we have 2 other right backs who are back so your right alom we are covered in that position but its shocking the amount of injuries the defense has had this season!

We really should have scored more goals against Pompey but still got the 3 points which was important!

Kaka To Manchester United As Ronaldo Leaves For Madrid.
I read this on Clubcall and was wondering to myself is there much truth in it? Would this really happen? Is it a possibility?

Manchester United are reported to have held talks with AC Milan star Kaka with a view to wrapping up a summer swoop. Representatives of the Brazilian are said to have met up with United officials on Friday to discuss a possible deal and now the ball is in the club's court according to sources close to the player.

If United are keen they would first have to match Milan's sky high valuation, thought to be in the region of £100m, before agreeing to the Brazilian's personal demands. Whether United are keen remains to be seen but reports are rife suggesting a deal could be on the cards.

"It was a very positive meeting, although nothing was agreed," the source has been quoted as saying. "The player wants a five-year contract and wages of £135,000 a week. He is very keen to join United and these are figures that are within United's pay structure. It's up to them what happens now."

I suppose if Ronaldo were to move to Real Madrid, then it would be a logical move to find someone in the same class to replace him. But why would Kaka want to leave AC Milan? Maybe the fact their team is getting rather old now and their effectiveness in the Champions League seems to have wavered a bit in recent years would be reason enough.

Why would Kaka want to come and play in the Premier League? I think every player in Europe would like to play in the EPL to be honest. Right now it's the best and most successful league in the world.

Surely United wouldn't pay 100 million Euros for a player. The day will come when football has it's first 100 million Euro, or £100 million player, so why not now? I think in the current climate Kaka, Messi and Ronaldo could all be valued at around the £100 million mark. That's not to say they are worth that. Many people criticise Ronaldo and say he is not worth £100 million, but that's irrelevant. People seem to forget that their opinions are worthless when it comes to valuing players. The people who say he is not worth 50, 60, 70 or £100 million are talking through their asses.

The simple fact is.....a player is worth whatever sum of money he commands on the open market. If Ronaldo were to come up for sale, after a fall out with Fergie for instance, and Fergie was determined to get rid of him no matter what, and the best bid was £50 million, then he IS worth £50 million. A players value comes down to the simple fact that he is only worth whatever anyone is willing to pay for him.

AC Milan say they want 100 million euros for Kaka, to them he is worth that much. I agree he is worth somewhere in that region too. Manchester United can afford to pay this money. He is demanding £135,000 per week sources say, and that is within United's pay structure. Add to this the fact Kaka has openly said on many occasions that he wants to play in the EPL and this deal is not as crazy as it sounds.

Personally, I don't think Ronaldo is going anywhere as it happens. If Ronaldo stays then we certainly wont be signing Kaka, not a chance. But, if Fergie were to sell Ronaldo, he does have a habit of quelling the fans displeasure at some of his transfer dealings by coming up with replacements and results that soon make United fans forgive him.

Exit Ronaldo, enter Kaka is a good scenario, and it's the only way either of these players is going anywhere, but would you be happy with this exchange, do you believe it will happen, is it on the cards or is all this rumour mongering a ploy by the newspapers to get us to but their goods, no matter what they write is true or not?

also in today scum.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2395301.ece
sry to link to the scum

i'd rather we kept hold of ronaldo, he can offer so much more than kaka plus he's 4 yrs younger and can still get better. In 4 yrs time kaka would be 31/32 whereas ronaldo would be about to his peak at 27/28. kaka's a superb player but ron's much much better...

i'd rather we kept hold of ronaldo, he can offer so much more than kaka plus he's 4 yrs younger and can still get better. In 4 yrs time kaka would be 31/32 whereas ronaldo would be about to his peak at 27/28. kaka's a superb player but ron's much much better...

Id rather have them both lol

What a win today absolutely mint coming back like that LOL @ the scousers starting referee threads when they got that decision this afternoon. They must be smarting :Laugh:

Thats why were champions never give up great second half performance from Rooney he was superb for us come on surely thats one hand on the premier league trophy

Thats why were champions never give up great second half performance from Rooney he was superb for us come on surely thats one hand on the premier league trophy

Defo mate one hand and a couple of fingers from the other one lol. 3 more wins and a point and thats it. We dont have to beat the gooners 3 times now :Laugh:
I reckon theyll slip up before that though Newcastles going to be tough and West Ham even tougher. Could have both hands on it for the visit of City which would be nice : multi :

Where are all the Berbatov haters today no one has given him credit today he played very well!

Rooney was sensational!

I thought second half we were outstanding!

I wish we play the fabulous four against the gooners

My team would be

..............................VDS................................

..Fabio...........Rio..............Vida.............Evra.....

..Ronaldo.........Anderson.....Carrick........Rooney..

.................................Tevez............................

...............................Berbatov..........................

Last edited:
Where are all the Berbatov haters today no one has given him credit today he played very well!

I am a critic of Berb...not a hater, hate is too strong a word, he had an o.k game today but but thats about it, he wasnt great and if you lot don't want to admit he was a bad buy then thats up to you. I have said this before even when he was with Spurs.....he is one of the laziest players I have ever seen. If he would put a bit of effort into his play he would probably be world class....but he can't be a$$ed.

Thats my honest opinion on him, no bitterness or anything.

Rooney was sensational!

I thought second half we were outstanding!

I wish we play the fabulous four against the gooners

My team would be

..............................VDS................................

..Fabio...........Rio..............Vida.............Evra.....

..Ronaldo.........Anderson.....Carrick........Rooney..

.................................Tevez............................

...............................Berbatov..........................

He was excellent today and I said to a mate beforehand that he owes us a big game and he delivered. I was first on his back when he was playing like a lame mule but today he looked every bit the top striker that we invested in. I agree with your team only change id make might be if wes brown or o shea is fit then id go with their experience. We need pace all over the pitch to cope with the gooner breakaways so maybe he will go with fabio, but after todays performance by utd you can bet there was some groans around the emirate stadium area.

ps im still pished off @ the berb for his lack of commitment in previous games but im on my way to forgiveness for the big dozy bollox. Very excited about the Arsenal game and hope they defend like they did @ the tiny stadium thats is anfield.:Cheers:

Very excited about the Arsenal game and hope they defend like they did @ the tiny stadium thats is anfield.:Cheers:

And I bet they hope you defend like you did in the 1st half today......like a bunch of amatuers....and you know it. I have said in numerous posts that Rio and Vidic are world class but I wouldnt have had them on my subuteo team cos the ball just rolled past them today and Evra was sh1t scared of lennon. Theo will give him a headache if he doesnt get his act together.

jaffa your right mate but its something we will have to accept about him being lazy as for being a bad buy for us time will tell maybe next season will be make or break its too early to judge him!

Berbatov isn't my favourite player i much rather have Tevez instead but i thought he did well today just thought when he missed penalty he got way too much stick

Hope he plays more like he did today

@mrplumb glad you agree with the team but i just remembered giggs wasn't playing today so that means he shall be on against the Gooners lol!

And I bet they hope you defend like you did in the 1st half today......like a bunch of amatuers....and you know it. I have said in numerous posts that Rio and Vidic are world class but I wouldnt have had them on my subuteo team cos the ball just rolled past them today and Evra was sh1t scared of lennon. Theo will give him a headache if he doesnt get his act together.

Arsenal will get thumped lol like their neighbors lol

Your right though the defense worries me and Evra seems to have lost his confidence he was not so long ago arguably the best in his position but he looks shaky there currently i think he is off form but the defense still is a cause for concern.

Arsenal fans don't ring the missing persons helpline when we play you because Fabregas will be in Andersons pocket safe and well lol

jaffa your right mate but its something we will have to accept about him being lazy as for being a bad buy for us time will tell maybe next season will be make or break its too early to judge him!

Berbatov isn't my favourite player i much rather have Tevez instead but i thought he did well today just thought when he missed penalty he got way too much stick

Hope he plays more like he did today

@mrplumb glad you agree with the team but i just remembered giggs wasn't playing today so that means he shall be on against the Gooners lol!

Yeah I know sometimes it takes a few seasons for a player to fit in but although you say its something you have to accept.....Fergie will not accept it and if he doesnt start putting a bit of effort in he will be shipped out.

As for Giggs....fantastic professional and has a lot of experience, I reckon he will be used this week instead of Anderson.

Yeah I know sometimes it takes a few seasons for a player to fit in but although you say its something you have to accept.....Fergie will not accept it and if he doesnt start putting a bit of effort in he will be shipped out.

As for Giggs....fantastic professional and has a lot of experience, I reckon he will be used this week instead of Anderson.

lol i think Fergie has a soft spot for Berbatov i know its not acceptable lol i mean he isn't ever going to be like Rooney or Tevez who run like mad lol he will need to improve and score more goals as i think he owes us at least 20 a season next season will be a big one for him

As for Anderson i hope he plays as he is in good form i think we might play Giggs in a free role and put Rooney on the left and maybe play Berbatov upfront

Fergie needs to have soft spot for Berbatov after spending 32+ million on the guy lol

berbi had a great match today,dident just stand there waiting for the ball,he chased back,evra looked scared,rooney and ronaldo looked 100% beter in the 2nd half,a well desrved win.

Giggs earns prestigious PFA award

Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs has won the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award for the first time in his career.

The 35-year-old Welshman beat team-mates Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Cristiano Ronaldo and Edwin van der Sar as well as Liverpool's Steven Gerrard.

Despite winning a host of honours, including 10 Premier League titles, the PFA award had eluded Giggs until now.

Aston Villa forward Ashley Young took the Young Player of the Year award.

He beat his Villa team-mate Gabriel Agbonlahor, Manchester United duo Jonny Evans and Rafael Da Silva, Aaron Lennon of Spurs and Manchester City's Stephen Ireland.

Since making his League debut against Everton at Old Trafford in March 1991 aged 17, Giggs has been a key figure in Sir Alex Ferguson's teams.

As well as the league crowns, Giggs has also won four FA Cups, three League Cups and two Champions League winner's medals as well as two PFA young player awards.

He has only started 12 league games this season but has been a regular in the squad for all competitions and if he lines up against Arsenal in their Champions League semi-final first-leg on Wednesday, it will be his 800th club appearance.

"It's right up there with personal accolades - it's the best to have as it's voted by your fellow players," said Giggs.

"I've been fortunate to win a lot of trophies, I won the young player award twice, but this is the big one."

"It's an exciting season," he said. "I think it is going to go right to the wire, there's big game after big game now. That is what you want and need at a club like Manchester United."

Giggs paid tribute to his manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, and also suggested he may play on beyond his current contract, which expires at the end of next season.

"The manager has been massive in my career from when I first met him when I was 13," Giggs said. "That's over 20 years and he knows me better than anyone and our relationship has been brilliant and just gets better.

"I've been so fortunate to have such a great career in so many great teams, it's not even worth thinking about what it would have been like without the manager."

"As long as I'm getting picked, enjoying it and injury-free, I'll carry on as long as I can. At 35 you can't look too far into the distance, you just can't."

Giggs was also one of six United players named in the PFA divisional team of the year but Wayne Rooney missed out.

The team also includes Liverpool duo Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard, Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka, who was in goalscoring form until the votes were cast but has not found the net since February and Portsmouth right-back Glen Johnson.

John McDermott, the former Grimsby player who spent 20 years at the club, was given the Merit award for his services to the game.

"I thought it was one of the lads winding me up, a real shock," he said. "To still be recognised, I was flattered and honoured."

Well done too him, he should have won it before this year, an outstanding professional.

I thought Evans should have got young player but I also thought his main rival for it was Young.

Back