Manchester United thread

Very happy we didn't concede as I half expected them to especially with Walcott on evra who panicked against lennons pace last weekend. Surprised and pleased they didn't use him more as I think he would have got something. Anderson is immense and gives utd energy in the middle the lad is absolutely everywhere first class 1st half from him and it must of been heavy going running about with Cesc in his pocket again lol. Just cannot see Arsenal keeping a clean sheet at the emirates next week and don't think utd will concede 3 goals. Advantage utd but it's only half time just hope we can pull it off as I've never been to Rome, have heard it's quite nice !

Fook me tickets are a grand a piece anyone know where to get them a smidge cheaper

Last edited:
Your right it is half time and it won't be easy but we have the slight advantage.

Tickets are a stupid price and will only rise!

Very happy we didn't concede as I half expected them to especially with Walcott on evra who panicked against lennons pace last weekend. Surprised and pleased they didn't use him more as I think he would have got something. Anderson is immense and gives utd energy in the middle the lad is absolutely everywhere first class 1st half from him and it must of been heavy going running about with Cesc in his pocket again lol. Just cannot see Arsenal keeping a clean sheet at the emirates next week and don't think utd will concede 3 goals. Advantage utd but it's only half time just hope we can pull it off as I've never been to Rome, have heard it's quite nice !

Fook me tickets are a grand a piece anyone know where to get them a smidge cheaper

well back to premship tmrw and i just hope the players fergie puts out get 3 points. with boro being our bogey team and in a survival dog fight, does fergie really have to give boro more incentive by fielding a weakened team? If we win tmrw i think the race is over, whether lpool beat n'castle or not...

well back to premship tmrw and i just hope the players fergie puts out get 3 points. with boro being our bogey team and in a survival dog fight, does fergie really have to give boro more incentive by fielding a weakened team? If we win tmrw i think the race is over, whether lpool beat n'castle or not...

yea totally agree with you
we are defo in the driving seat for the premiership i just hope the team we play can get us the 3 points we need..

we should have that available due to our squad :)

After starting our two biggest games of the season so far in the League Cup final and European Cup semi-final, Carlos Tevez has been speaking to the press again, giving his strongest indication yet that he is leaving.

“It’s true I see myself more leaving United than staying here,” said Tevez in an interview with Cadena COPE. “I don’t see why I should lie to people or anything because the fans support me a lot as you can see. So I don’t have any reason to lie to them. While I wear the United shirt I will leave my life on the pitch. You can see that in every game I play. I respect people a lot and I’m grateful to them. My future? I don’t know what will happen for my future. I would like to go to Spain, yes, but I don’t know yet. I have no preference for a team . . . we’ll see. With respect to the fans and the history of Manchester United, I don’t want to leave the club. But from a personal aspect, my exit will be the best solution. I need continuity in the team to offer my best. If this doesn’t happen I believe this will be my last year.”

Looks like its bye bye time for Carlos Tevez then its a shame but i wish he would keep his mouth shut till end of season. He has played quite a few games but not happy which is understandable to an extent but now this is beginning to piss me off

Its not looking good for Tevez is it but to be fair if utd want to spend 32 million on a striker I personally would prefer them to spend it someone else his price tag is to much. Mint player and has the heart of a lion but he's no Wayne Rooney. Be really sad to see him go and it looks likely that will happen now after his latest statement.
That aside good win today and another game chalked off, berbatov was class and worked hard (yes he did), giggs had a blinder in center mid and we got to rest a few players.
Onto Tuesday and on a roll :Hit:

I thought after his 2 year loan period the price was goin to be 20 mill? but yea even though his work rate is supreme hes not worth over 30 mill (even Berbatov who gives better goal return is not worth anything over 20mill in my opinion)

And for about maybe the 2nd time this season United played good wit both scholes and giggs on the pitch, usually they dont do so well.

tevez probably isnt worth £30m, but most utd fans like myself are comparing him with berba who cost £31m. Given that fact i would rather have spent the £££ on tevez then on berba who for me hasnt justified his price tag so far. Where as tevez although the £££ is high, would have justified his price tag with an amazing double winning season last season where his contribution was absolutely immense. He got 19 goals of which some were crucial (lpool away, blkburn away, lyon away) and i dont think it fair to judge his goal-scoring record this season considering how he has been a bit part player for the most part. Having said that he has 13 goals to his name this season and berba has 14 which isnt a bad return of who hasnt features on a regular basis...

i still prefer tevez to berba, tevez is younger and more hungry to win games, medals and tropheys. berba just wanted to leave his old club for a more succesful bigger club. he only seemed good at his old club because they were crap. i dont think berba will be staying long. i hope not anyway

i still prefer tevez to berba, tevez is younger and more hungry to win games, medals and tropheys. berba just wanted to leave his old club for a more succesful bigger club. he only seemed good at his old club because they were crap. i dont think berba will be staying long. i hope not anyway

without a doubt mate, tevez any day ahead of berba. the link between him, ron and roon last season was at times breathtaking. Berba with his languid style slows everything down... Tevez defends from the front, always chasing down, getting stuck in etc...

Next season i think will be berba's make or break season where he's basically gonna have to be at the heart of everything. This season he's been carried by the ronaldo, rooney, giggs, carrick and the defence coz all those 1-0's could easily have been 1-1's and he just wasnt showin anything in terms of a goal threat. If he doesnt perform and as expected tevez leaves, then fans are gonna be on his back big time... I just hope utd and tevez's reps can come to some sort of an agreement and keep him coz he's a fantastic player..

Sir Bobby Charlton has been awarded a "UEFA Presidents Award"for his contribution to European football and will be presented with it before Manchester United take on Arsenal in their Champions League semi-final tonight.

UEFA president Michel Platini will hand the award to Charlton in a ceremony at lunchtime at Old Trafford.

Charlton played for United from 1953 until 1973, was named European Footballer of the Year in 1966 and was a member of the United team that won the European Cup in 1968. He also played 106 times for England winning the World Cup in 1966 and still holds his country's international scoring record with 49 goals.

Platini said in a statement: "Sir Bobby represents everything that is good about the game of football; fair play, respect, and true loyalty and he is a good example for future generations, both on and off the pitch."

Oooh how that must pain Platini. He spends his life annoying United and having his little digs as and when he can fit them in.

Cristiano Ronaldo has delivered Manchester United a huge boost by declaring a move to Real Madrid is no longer in his thoughts.
Real Madrid made huge efforts to sign Ronaldo last summer and the player himself refused to rule out the move, admitting his dream was to one day move to Spain.
Sir Alex Ferguson stood firm and made sure Ronaldo did not leave United, and he has once again helped the club to the brink of another Premier League title.
However, the rumours of a Real move for the World Player of the Year have refused to go away, with former Madrid president Ramon Calderon intimating a deal was already in place for this summer.
But now Ronaldo has come out and stressed that he is no longer thinking about a 'dream' move to the Santiago Bernabeu.
"I'm no longer thinking of Madrid. That dream is dead," he told The People.
"The only thing I dream about now is Manchester United and winning the Champions League again in Rome."
Ronaldo has three years left on his current deal after he penned a five-year deal in 2007.

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Ronaldo - Real dream is over

Cristiano Ronaldo has delivered Manchester United a huge boost by declaring a move to Real Madrid is no longer in his thoughts.
Real Madrid made huge efforts to sign Ronaldo last summer and the player himself refused to rule out the move, admitting his dream was to one day move to Spain.
Sir Alex Ferguson stood firm and made sure Ronaldo did not leave United, and he has once again helped the club to the brink of another Premier League title.
However, the rumours of a Real move for the World Player of the Year have refused to go away, with former Madrid president Ramon Calderon intimating a deal was already in place for this summer.
But now Ronaldo has come out and stressed that he is no longer thinking about a 'dream' move to the Santiago Bernabeu.
"I'm no longer thinking of Madrid. That dream is dead," he told The People.
"The only thing I dream about now is Manchester United and winning the Champions League again in Rome."
Ronaldo has three years left on his current deal after he penned a five-year deal in 2007.

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Ronaldo - Real dream is over

if this report is true then thats fantastic. What a player, what a player this guy is.... and he can get better....

If he stays it would be great for us i personally think he will stay till at least SAF is there. I can't see why he would go to Madrid as they are no where near the team they once were. Ronaldo can surely see the top 5 teams in Europe are currently the top four from England plus Barcelona of Spain and Madrid don't even come close.

Great news ahead of todays tie against Arsenal is both Rio and Evra are fit and will start at the Emirates.

Come on United.

Can't wait for the game very excited lol its going to be tough i can see Arsenal playing as poorly as they did in the first leg just hope we score an early goal to kill the tie off!

As for Arsenal it looks like Van Persie is fit enough to start upfront alongside Adebayor.

Hope we play same team as last week as we did well especially the midfield trio of Anderson, Fletcher and the ever so underrated Carrick.

I think Man United's game plan will be to hit Arsenal on counter attack cos Arsenal pour so many men forward and defense is even more exposed.

Tonight's game
Midfield is crucial whoever wins that battle may well be going to Rome and the first goal is gunna make or break it for the gunners.

my team

---------------------------VDS------------------------

O'Shea----------Rio------------Vida-----------Evra

Ronnie-- Fletch---Anderson----Carrick--Rooney

--------------------------berba---------------------------

That with Rooney and Ronnie joining the attack when in possession. Rooney wide left to ease the threat of Walcott. Anderson and fletch to keep a close eye on van persie dropping off the front into the hole. Could be a very interesting game especially if Arsenal get a quick goal. Fully expect them to fly at Utd like the swarm of bees that's buzzing round in my stomach.

WELL NEVER DIE

i would agree with your team mr plumb but i would have Tevez rather then Berbatov purely because of his work ethic for this game as Tevez won't give the Arsenal time on the ball he works hard. I would hope Berbatov is on the bench and comes on in the second half!

Well time will tell as its SAF decision ultimately.

Team news in people

.............................VDS............................

..O'Shea.........Rio............Vidic........Evra.....

....Fletcher........Anderson...........Carrick.......

.......Ronaldo.........Rooney.............Park.......

Surprised and slightly disappointed Tevez isn't starting instead of Park!

Back