Manchester United thread

Nani has his moments, Valencia I like. But Welbeck - is he really the calibre of player for a team who want to be competing for the Champions League? I know he works hard, but at the elite level that isnt enough.

Its great how we all feel different things about our own players! I've made it obvious that I'm not a Nani fan - i think he's just had it with utd and should move on - if not for his own good too. He just annoys the feck out of me knowing how much talent he has but chooses to p*ss about too much. Gasman is spot on in that Welbeck is a nuisance and a handful for defenders - they cant push too far up cos he can hurt you with his running. No he will never be a world class striker or winger but can be destructive in pinning back defenders and some midfielders. Thats why I can see him playing in the same team as VP and Roo, all switching positions during games. Valencia has a bit of a crisis goin on I reckon. thing is he only has one position and its clearly well mapped out for the opposition and a lot of them have him sussed. He needs to run more directly at them and make them skid their undies - of late he hesitates when close to them which is the same disease as Nani has contracted. I hope his poor run of form doesn't last as long as Nanis - don't get me wrong there would be no happier boy than me if they both sprung to life again cos then we would be truly unstoppable as a front 3,4 or 5 depending on the perm of strike force. I do think that the wide play and delivery is very poor this season though

Ferguson's teams are notoriously built on wingers and this season Uniteds have been nothing short of dogs**t, Young has failed to fulfil early promise and Valencia too and Nani out injured for most of it and stuttering still. We have adopted a few different styles and I think this is Ferguson's most diverse squad, it can defend a lead (if Vidic plays) it can hit you over the top with Pea's running and pace, power through the middle with Rooney and RVP or simply shred you with a quick passing game with Cleverley Ando and Kagawa.
Carrick is the key to all of this and he has been simply amazing for the large part of this season, we find ourselves a "massive" 9 points clear going into February and that is one hell of a lead, If we can grab a point from the Everton tie then I think we are going to be extremely hard to catch.
City got a few hard games (not European pmsl) in the run up to the derby including Chelsea,Everton and Newcastle and we have a reasonable set of fixtures after Everton...... Any money if we slip it will be in that easy run lol we always seem to end up saying ah well united always do it the hard way but for once I hope we make life easy for us.

Ferguson's teams are notoriously built on wingers and this season Uniteds have been nothing short of dogs**t, Young has failed to fulfil early promise and Valencia too and Nani out injured for most of it and stuttering still. We have adopted a few different styles and I think this is Ferguson's most diverse squad, it can defend a lead (if Vidic plays) it can hit you over the top with Pea's running and pace, power through the middle with Rooney and RVP or simply shred you with a quick passing game with Cleverley Ando and Kagawa.
Carrick is the key to all of this and he has been simply amazing for the large part of this season, we find ourselves a "massive" 9 points clear going into February and that is one hell of a lead, If we can grab a point from the Everton tie then I think we are going to be extremely hard to catch.
City got a few hard games (not European pmsl) in the run up to the derby including Chelsea,Everton and Newcastle and we have a reasonable set of fixtures after Everton...... Any money if we slip it will be in that easy run lol we always seem to end up saying ah well united always do it the hard way but for once I hope we make life easy for us.
Never say never Mr gasman until the fat lady sings my friend. ;)

I am actually more nervous to be so far in front.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk.

Gregg
Foulkes
Byrne
Colman
Jones
Edwards
Morgans
Charlton
Taylor
Viollet
Scanlon

Fifty five years ago today United played that very 11 in a 3-3 draw with Red Star Belgrade.
Some where destined to return and others sadly not.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360100467.226435.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360137133.208158.jpg
Gone but not forgotten R.I.P busby babes.

Having seen that clock in the flesh it does make you pause for a moment. The moment that minute hand ticked its tock was probably what made Manchester United the beast it is now. It's probably a bit strong to say that those kids,staff and other victims didn't die in vain, but they are and always will be roots of the United tree which burst into life that day. Not dissing what went before that but strength was born from a disaster.....and the rest is history

Extremely difficult to find a positive from such a tragedy but all those that survived ensured that the club endured and it is that fighting spirit we still see today.

Wonder how we set up for the Everton game today given the noisy neighbours silencing yesterday lol.
Tough decisions for Fergie in light of Wednesday's away tie with Madrid and I can see him resting a couple of players, he's a renowned risk taker. Hopefully he starts a strong team but Fergie is Fergie.

Got a feeling that after last night, he may think he has all but wrapped up the league if we beat Everton. Put out a strong side, put a side out against madrid to contain, with 1 striker (maybe rooney in a midfield 5), then we can put our strongest available side out in the return knowing it shouldn't be fatal if we lost the following league match. Can see Young being used today maybe keepin Val free for Wednesday as extra defensive cover down the right. welbeck will get some game time i'm sure - doubt both Rooney and RVP start together - maybe a split shift! A point would be ok today, 3 points a massive bonus goin in to Wednesday. If someone would have said that after this weekend, both Manc clubs won and we were still 9 in front then u would have been happy - so a point will do

He went for blood today and got it, that was one of our strongest 11's and tactically he got it spot on Rafa and Valencia totally nullified the Baines/Pienar threat and sitting Jones in front of the back four marshalling Fellani worked brilliantly. Good job for us that Moyes went with strength up top which Vidic handled well, Everton threatened a lot but it was only when they brought jelly on that my nerves jangled.
Loved the banner today also I meant to mention in an earlier post but posted the pic without doing so.
article-2276489-177A8188000005DC-414_632x368_zps7d956e8a.jpg

Job done and 12 points is a huge mountain now :)

Onwards now to a gigantic set of ties with Madrid and the return of the bang in form Ronaldo :( He grabbed a hatrick and still had time to get subbed off early for a rest this weekend. Personally cant fking wait and although it could go badly wrong for us I can see nothing but entertainment in store for anyone involved in football.

We'll Never Die

yes, not sure we'll get through against madrid, ok, we've been scraping the wins but we have looked second best against many of our opponents this year, can we ride our luck against a team with real quality?

yes, not sure we'll get through against madrid, ok, we've been scraping the wins but we have looked second best against many of our opponents this year, can we ride our luck against a team with real quality?

Yea I reckon we can mate ;)
Madrid are a fantastic side riddled with quality but if we can stifle their plan A then we have a great chance. This United squad has so many different ways of playing we can get to plan G before were out of ideas and we have two legs to work out how to combat them lol I just hope we are still in it by the time we work out how to get at em.

What a game we have seen today! I was a bit surprised by our line-up but the goal is achieved - 12 points clear. I'm worried about Madrid but I think everything will be fine.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We'll never die.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back