Manchester United thread

Akon lets just say good luck to all the premier teams lets not make it a two horse race next season, sort of speak. Don't take things to much to heart mate, gasman and I just love winding each other up and with a hint of wiz in the middle that finishes it off. Hehehe

Not having high hopes with current team i think we overachieved in league in terms of finishing joint top last season :Laugh:

Its going to be the battle of the billionaires next season Abramovich v Mansour for league
We'll take our position back top in couple of years when Glazers **** off i hope.

Akon lets just say good luck to all the premier teams lets not make it a two horse race next season, sort of speak. Don't take things to much to heart mate, gasman and I just love winding each other up and with a hint of wiz in the middle that finishes it off. Hehehe

Is that one of those menage a trois things that people talk about miggy?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

@ miggy and basil
You have finally won a league title and it all seems so easy now it's won but don't forget the tears don't forget trials and tribulations and the throwing it away the too-ing and frowing and finally it comes down to the final day ...NO the final minute and it was all but lost. Then it happened Dzeko made the dent and finally Aguero sent the hairs on your neck upright in joy and disbelief. The celebrations where a dazed confusion of joy and unbridled passion and now that the dust has settled you are deserved champions. You where better over the course of the season. You have better players in all but a few positions you really should have made this a cakewalk but what i find most surprising of all is how easily Utd tracked you right until the last. More surprisingly and for City more alarmingly the condition of both squads throughout the season.
league.jpg

Lets face reality
City should have walked the league and at one point you had and then you went and lost it only for Utd and Everton to hand it back, not content with that City proceed to lose it again, only to win it finally in a mad crazy minute that both destroys me and yet fills me pride that this injury ravaged weakened Utd side that i love so dear pushed a billion pound force to point of breaking. Imagine the scenario should United strengthen and come at you harder next season.

Which brings me to the point of my post

We now have Kagawa it's pretty much official :)
Shinji Kagawa won't discuss Manchester United move - Official Manchester United Website
We don't need a striker now that the Kagawa deal is done, he can play the hole come from right or left and join the attack as a second striker. He will track back when not in possession and break forward to join the attack as and when.
Great signing for us :)

We now have Berbatov at a total loose end and can we use him as a bargaining chip to further strengthen the midfield area, and with Pogba now gone we have a hole to fill. I wish Pogba the best as he looks a great talent but he was not Fergusons cup of tea, he was a kid who can barely break the first team and whinges about wages, good luck to him.
I feel we will strengthen but we still have the Anderson and Fletcher dilemas to consider before going gung ho into the transfer market, a fit Fletcher is exactly what we are missing right now and should he fail to be fit then i feel we will need to invest.

We now have Kagawa it's pretty much official :)
Shinji Kagawa won't discuss Manchester United move - Official Manchester United Website
We don't need a striker now that the Kagawa deal is done, he can play the hole come from right or left and join the attack as a second striker. He will track back when not in possession and break forward to join the attack as and when.
Great signing for us :)

We now have Berbatov at a total loose end and can we use him as a bargaining chip to further strengthen the midfield area, and with Pogba now gone we have a hole to fill. I wish Pogba the best as he looks a great talent but he was not Fergusons cup of tea, he was a kid who can barely break the first team and whinges about wages, good luck to him.
I feel we will strengthen but we still have the Anderson and Fletcher dilemas to consider before going gung ho into the transfer market, a fit Fletcher is exactly what we are missing right now and should he fail to be fit then i feel we will need to invest.

Kagawa can play from the left or in the hole. Not from the right but then that doesn't matter we have Valencia, Nani and Young all capable of playing from the right. Kagawa is a welcome addition and was voted Bundesliga player contrary to some reports he isn't here for just his shirt sales he is a fantastic talent that even the likes of Barcelona were interested in. As you say great signing for us.

As for Pogba not true, Sir Alex tried everything at his disposal to stay but the boy made his mind up a while back. I had pretty much accepted he'd go as if he was to stay he would have signed long ago but refused to. When you recall Paul Scholes from retirement, play others who have been poor for a while its no surprise Pogba decided to quit as even if he decided to stay he wouldn't get the game time. Sir Alex can't like a player because he plays really well but then refuse to play him as he is inexperienced. Sadly it has happened that in the past few seasons we've lost some gems because of the reluctance to play them.

The youth of United doesn't get much chance these days. It is no coincidence Morrison, Pogba and possibly Fryers have left. Along with them there is a few others out of contract one with exceptional talent is Petrucci but again he won't get a chance. As we have Scholes and Giggs in there then there is Carrick and if he is out we'll play Park just a refusal to play these players is costing us.

Since the days of the Nevilles, Scholes, Beckaham etc we haven't had a significant name come through but we have players who were in the ranks and have become big time players. Look at Pique and Rossi both never got a game but Pique is Barca's main man at the back for arguably the greatest club team we have ever seen. Rossi has gone on to be an international with a £25 million + price tag and the likes of Barca and Juventus chasing his signature.

I think United should just shut down the academy and reserves. As we've seen no one gets a chance these days.

i must say i'm in agreement with most here, city did play the better football over the whole season and deserved the title!!! but united did give them one helluva fight and had it not been for the defensive shambles at home to everton, would have pipped them to it despite not playing with our usual flair throughout the season. losing vidic was a major blow and deffo cost us the title imho, but there were one or two team selections where i thought 'what's that all about' and although SAF is a god in my book, i do think he got distracted on a few occasions!

whatever, with the euros and olympics we all got wall to wall football starting tomorrow night so bring it on, next season city won't have it all their own way... 'it's a funny old game'

Kagawa can play from the left or in the hole. Not from the right but then that doesn't matter we have Valencia, Nani and Young all capable of playing from the right. Kagawa is a welcome addition and was voted Bundesliga player contrary to some reports he isn't here for just his shirt sales he is a fantastic talent that even the likes of Barcelona were interested in. As you say great signing for us.

As for Pogba not true, Sir Alex tried everything at his disposal to stay but the boy made his mind up a while back. I had pretty much accepted he'd go as if he was to stay he would have signed long ago but refused to. When you recall Paul Scholes from retirement, play others who have been poor for a while its no surprise Pogba decided to quit as even if he decided to stay he wouldn't get the game time. Sir Alex can't like a player because he plays really well but then refuse to play him as he is inexperienced. Sadly it has happened that in the past few seasons we've lost some gems because of the reluctance to play them.

The youth of United doesn't get much chance these days. It is no coincidence Morrison, Pogba and possibly Fryers have left. Along with them there is a few others out of contract one with exceptional talent is Petrucci but again he won't get a chance. As we have Scholes and Giggs in there then there is Carrick and if he is out we'll play Park just a refusal to play these players is costing us.

Since the days of the Nevilles, Scholes, Beckaham etc we haven't had a significant name come through but we have players who were in the ranks and have become big time players. Look at Pique and Rossi both never got a game but Pique is Barca's main man at the back for arguably the greatest club team we have ever seen. Rossi has gone on to be an international with a £25 million + price tag and the likes of Barca and Juventus chasing his signature.

I think United should just shut down the academy and reserves. As we've seen no one gets a chance these days.

Wellbeck and Jonny Evas and Cleverley might have something to say about that ! There are chances for young lads in United's system in fact the system is geared specifically towards taking young talent and turning it into mature footballers.
The golden generation or Fergies fledgling's as they where nicknamed was nothing short of a freak occurrence, Ferguson although a fantastic manager will probably admit there was a deal of luck when Scholes,Becks,Nev and co all burst onto the scene. I doubted we would ever see such a collection of talent emerge from a youth system again until the likes of Xavi,Iniesta,Messi and co emrged from Barca's ranks.
United has had to change the way it views it's youth system and now looks to pluck talented youngsters from outside it's ranks and develop them within, we have Smalling, Jones and Chicarito all brought in from an early age and Ashley Young,Nani and Anderson all signed in their teens and out current keeper is himself very young. Some of those names are now first team regulars and others would be but for other circumstances. Rooney although less of a risk given his so obvious ability was also signed as a mere youngster, United has proven it is still developing young talent into proven Champions and with the likes of Wellbeck has proven that if the kid is good enough and patient enough then they will get the chance.
Morrison was/is just an arsehole as far it goes and Pogba was always a difficult case given that he was not prepared to wait for his chance at United and when he was given a chance last season proved that he simply was not ready yet. I think with Rossi we made a mistake and the only thing i can say is that he didn't seem to have the physical strength to deal with the premiership bully boys. Pique had Vidic and Ferdinand to displace and for him the choice was the right one, I fear he would not have gained regular first team football given our center back pairings brilliance over the years.

We have the difficult job of keeping pace with billionaire spending and as such have little opportunity to blood young players in but we are bringing in promising youth and developing it and still keeping pace with the sugar daddy clubs. I am not sure what your after but you can't have it both ways, in one hand your blasting the lack of spending https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/286078/#post2107566
and in the other bemoaning the lack of experience given to impatient big heads like Pogba and Morrison. I personally think were in good shape given the state of our financial affairs and the Chelsea's and City's of this world will still have a hard task to finish in front of United next season.
Keep calm and watch united

Last edited by a moderator:
How pathetic you lot are, going on about money again you are/was the richest club in the Country at one time. Now just because someone has come along with money ie Chelsea, Man City you don't like it. You cannot win everything all the time it becomes boring not just to Man City but any club. This just goes to prove that you lot are not invincible you can be beat and you have been beat fair and square so get over it. Roll on next season and hopefully City will do it again.

How pathetic you lot are, going on about money again you are/was the richest club in the Country at one time. Now just because someone has come along with money ie Chelsea, Man City you don't like it. You cannot win everything all the time it becomes boring not just to Man City but any club. This just goes to prove that you lot are not invincible you can be beat and you have been beat fair and square so get over it. Roll on next season and hopefully City will do it again.

Uniteds gonna get you miggy so screw you and the camel you rode in on pmsl
:)

:roflmao:

Hook,Line and sinker ;)

Strong rumours of a bid by United for Modric, would be a nice addition if true. Probably the closest thing we'll get to Scholes and proven in the league.

Also United have exercised their option on the young Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez who plays for Universidad de Chile, in Chile. The 18 year old will cost £3 million but a work permit could be tricky for him. Maybe we will loan to one of our feeder clubs in Europe.

How pathetic you lot are, going on about money again you are/was the richest club in the Country at one time. Now just because someone has come along with money ie Chelsea, Man City you don't like it...

i never mentioned anything about money but as you've brought it up, in these recessionary times, why don't you do the council a big favour, and instead of hiking up the prices and wages of the over paid prima donnas... buy your council house :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

i never mentioned anything about money but as you've brought it up, in these recessionary times, why don't you do the council a big favour, and instead of hiking up the prices and wages of the over paid prima donnas... buy your council house :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Council house? That what your are calling is Etihad stadium that stadium alone has created hundreds of jobs for people in the sports industry as well as shops there. They are in the process of building a sports complex for future footballers thus creating more jobs for people. What has Man United done for the community apart from Lou Macari's chippy?.Pmpl. A fascinating read for you here enjoy it and learn.

Manchester City's £1bn plan for Eastlands | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

not the Etihad stadium....the "United" stadium. please use the english name for it :Laugh:

Not usually one for getting carried away in transfer rumors but the Kagawa signing and now the Modric rumblings have got me a nadge excitable and here is why.

-------------------De Gea-----------------
Rafael-----Rio/Evans/Smalling---Vidic-----Evra

------------Carrick-----Modric----------------
------------------Kagawa--------------------

Valencia----------Rooney----------------Nani

Scary front line and the middle of the park looks exceptional, we really are that close to a team that will give anyone across Europe a thorough examination.

We have also been heavily linked with Robert Lewandowski (Kagawa's teammate from last year) who has had a superb season for Dortmund and looks like a real talent, he has just scored the opening goal of Euro 2012 so add about 10 million on his price tag :(

@miggy I am afraid the lads are correct and the Eastlands is indeed owned by Manchester City Council and you rent it from them making your guys council tenants.
The 1 billion leisure complex is a great idea and guess what ? All of the profits from the complex will be included in City's financial income and submitted as part of the FFP report ;)

Not usually one for getting carried away in transfer rumors but the Kagawa signing and now the Modric rumblings have got me a nadge excitable and here is why.

-------------------De Gea-----------------
Rafael-----Rio/Evans/Smalling---Vidic-----Evra

------------Carrick-----Modric----------------
------------------Kagawa--------------------

Valencia----------Rooney----------------Nani

Scary front line and the middle of the park looks exceptional, we really are that close to a team that will give anyone across Europe a thorough examination.

We have also been heavily linked with Robert Lewandowski (Kagawa's teammate from last year) who has had a superb season for Dortmund and looks like a real talent, he has just scored the opening goal of Euro 2012 so add about 10 million on his price tag :(

@miggy I am afraid the lads are correct and the Eastlands is indeed owned by Manchester City Council and you rent it from them making your guys council tenants.
The 1 billion leisure complex is a great idea and guess what ? All of the profits from the complex will be included in City's financial income and submitted as part of the FFP report ;)

The bullshit doesn't work guys, council owned or not we still whooped your arse. Not bad for a group of council tennants. ;)

Council tenants all the same.helsea bought the league as well
All that money and lodgers lol
Lets see if youy can win the title for the next few years shall we.
Chelsea bought the league as well, we were wrote off then as well.
After a few years who was back at the top of the tree and stronger than ever?

Back