CD & DVD lite0n iHAS124b

spike24

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys i am looking at buying this internal burner for my XGD3 xbox games,it will come pre-flashed with max burner firmware,now i only have a sony viao laptop no desk top pc at all and want to try and make drive work externaly,i have been told to buy a caddy but my laptop might not recognise the burner or buy an XT connector and do it this way,i am not bothered about how it looks externaly as it would be put away in the cupboard when not in use,i have asked in the xbox 360 section and not really getting the answer so thought i would ask here in the pc section,if anyone knows anyone that has this working externaly or can tell me hoe to do it and if it will work would be a great help thanks

To be honest, the same people that read the 360 section read the PC section so your liklely to get the same answer.

It won't come pre-flashed you will need to do that yourself.

You simply need a 5.25" SATA to USB External DVD Caddy and it should pick it up via USB. If it doesn't then and it's a compatibility issue with your laptop.

The not recognising the burner comment was made to refer to the flashing of software part.
As we now know that you have a laptop, the XT adapter is of no use to you.

Ok thanks guys I know that I will proberly have flash it but there are some that do come flashed,so trial and error then really if it works great if it don't then waste of money really.

I've used a Ihas124 crossflashed to Ihas524 for quite some time.. but the new burner max payload works with lots of different burners, might be worth seeing if it works with your internal drive first as it doesnt actually flash the roms firmware.

regards

Back