what to buy to speed up my computer ?

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I Have a Tower Pc , , i know nothing about computers so that is why i am asking on here and then i could go into a computer shop and not worry that they may not put the best spec in , so in mine at the moment i have

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz 2.66 GHzo
Installed Ram - 4.00gb

i use multiple software at the same time , what would you recommend to me to get , i would rather spend some good money on my computer and get the best so there for not upgrading it for a long time , look forward to your recommendations

I Have a Tower Pc , , i know nothing about computers so that is why i am asking on here and then i could go into a computer shop and not worry that they may not put the best spec in , so in mine at the moment i have

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz 2.66 GHzo
Installed Ram - 4.00gb

i use multiple software at the same time , what would you recommend to me to get , i would rather spend some good money on my computer and get the best so there for not upgrading it for a long time , look forward to your recommendations
Put more RAM in it and will help with running multiple programs at once.

I think with that CPU it will be DDR3, check system page on pc or use CPUZ will tell you what it is.

Last edited:
So the short answer is Ram. The longer answer is, it depends on what you're doing, how intensive that is etc. You've got 4gb of ram which is pretty low in todays standards. Most laptops will come with a minimum of 8gb of ram. I have 32gb DDR4 in my desktop PC, and I use it to open MS Rewards Solitaire, and that's it. You definitely need more ram, and you'll notice a big difference, but then there may be other stuff too.

So the short answer is Ram. The longer answer is, it depends on what you're doing, how intensive that is etc. You've got 4gb of ram which is pretty low in todays standards. Most laptops will come with a minimum of 8gb of ram. I have 32gb DDR4 in my desktop PC, and I use it to open MS Rewards Solitaire, and that's it. You definitely need more ram, and you'll notice a big difference, but then there may be other stuff too.
Thankyou for the reply, I am going to get as much as my computer will take if ram.

Hi,

well unfortunately with that cpu there is little you can do it's probably many years old.
The only thing you can do is to buy 16GB DDR3 1066/1333 (2x8) it will help a bit,
also a fast ssd makes miracles.
You could provide the specs of your mainboard to see if it's possible to put a newer cpu in it
but i suspect that is a socket LGA1156 and it's not worth it.
I would recomend a new computer or upgrading to present standards, you could use you tower
but you would have to buy a new mainboard, new cpu, new RAM,
new cooler and probably a new power suply. As you said before you don´t know much about computer
this could turn into a nightmare for you to put it all together, but there are upgrade bundles already mount together.

But as i said very little you can do to improve your computer sorry :(

Back