Joshua fight

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling this would happen , Ruiz's plan of using the nice guy tactics took Joshua's eye off the task in front. He was never fired up for it, no hatred no anger.
For me AJ has lost an awful lot of his mobility. Too much emphasis on jab to the body jab to the head then when his opponents softened up take him out in the latter rounds.
As soon as AJ "thought"he had Ruiz Ruiz handspeed caught AJ out. He took one glance to the top of his head early on and never recovered from it.

They took Ruiz on when Ruiz had been 10 weeks in camp then a further 5 weeks so although he looks like a guy from your local he was pin sharp when it came to counter punching.

Eddie Hearne was inside delighted. He he said "Now we know who AJ's next opponent is (rematch clause in contract) for November in the UK so another big fight night". With his daft grin but I know you wont get me paying for it.

I'm sorry but AJs Frank Bruno impression has been his undoing. If you in any doubt look at AJ in his early years and look at his feet and his movement the ability to change angles. When your feet are planted your there to be hit.

I did hear AJ say in the corner "Why do I feel like this ?" Which was strange but for me it was because of the glancing top of the head shot from earlier, he never recovered.
Will he beat Ruiz next time round ?, I'm not so sure, what can AJ do so different ?. If you can't get out they way of a counter punch your basically knackered.
It was the classic boxer v fighter , fighter won. Wilder would have him out in 3 and Fury probably quicker and Eddie Hearne moves on to a new hero somewhere else

AJ apparently had concussion, hence him asking those questions, but as with any heavyweight fight, anyone can knock someone out. However this was a very polished performance by Ruiz. Ruiz is no bum, yes he's overweight, and doesn't look good, but his hand speed is incredible, and clearly he can bang.

I dont agree that Wilder would knock him out in 3, nor Fury. Wilder has purposely not fought anyone of great merit apart from Fury, and look how that turned out for him. Hence he's now dodging the rematch, although he did say on twitter he'd signed the contract and would fight Fury next.

What this certainly does though is push AJ's super fights back, as he now has much less bargaining power. And furthermore he's blown things in the US for the foreseeable future. Ruiz was never a bum, 1 loss on his record, and he's fought some great fighters. AJ will certainly beat him in the rematch, especially if its in the UK as is being touted. But again, I dont see him getting Fury/Wilder next, I think he will fight Whyte again to try and show the world he can mix it with people.

AJ has been out of the ring for 10 months, and that's going to affect any top athlete, unless you're Tyson Fury :) But he's a pikey and they come out of the womb fighting.

If AJ can't deal with close quarters short looping hooks how f is he gonna cope with Wilder who's throwing them from every angle and twice as hard?.

I've never been convinced with AJ, Hearns plan of avoiding all the main players has sadly backfired. Hearn hand picked opponents who were clearly beatable or over the hill. They clearly underestimated Ruiz but if you know boxing you knew he was quick and can bang.

It will end up like a Mayweather v Pacquiao fighting in their late 30's 6-7 years too late when no one gives a flyer.

Wilder and Fury have made AJ and Hearn look stupid in taking no time to thrash out 2 fights. They'll probably have best of five before Hearn thinks it's right, exactly the same time when no one really cares

Attachments

• IMG-20190602-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20190602-WA0004.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 17
ruiz vs butterbean next

Butterbean can only fight 4 rounds, and last I remember of him he had lost his last couple of fights.

I don't think we can say Wilder hits x2 as hard. A heavyweight always has a punchers chance, seen it with Rahman, Douglas and a few others. I agree they likely under estimated Ruiz and more fool them tbh. Hearn doesn't care either way, as the rematch will make him much more ££ and will also push Whyte to the forefront. If anyone is a winner here it is Hearn.

Fury has been all sympathetic for AJ via social media which is rather strange were as Whyte only had the one word for AJ
"Pussy"

If Butterbean ain't available

Attachments

• IMG-20190602-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20190602-WA0008.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 9
For me some the greatest fighters I've ever seen lost during their careers from Ali to Leonard, Duran, Hearns even Lennox Lewis and most went on to regain belts at some point in their careers after losing.

AJ will only show how good he really is once he gains revenge and regains the belts.

I personally think something wasn't right with AJ Saturday, there was mention of him been slow and sluggish in training from certain areas of the press prior to the fight but some quarters put this down to AJ been held back by his camp.

Whether he had a viral or bad blood count I don't know but I noticed he was panting after round 2 and even I noticed his jab had no snap in it, more like a paw. And he started the fight with his gumsheild hanging out, strange again.

Sometimes these nutritionist can get it oh so wrong. Too many shakes nuts fruit veg pasta can cause a lack in stamina/fatigue while traning and actually have an opposite effect on an athlete. It's so well balanced it's over balanced. Similar to more athletes have died from drowning (drinking to much water) as they have from dehydration but the conception is to keep drinking lots of water which is totally wrong altogether.

I personally think in the return fight Ruiz will get what Rahman got in the Lewis return leg a total demolition job and sparked out.
Theres nothing worse than a wounded animal and right now Ruiz is on borrowed time no more babysitting those belts.
Once AJ sits down and realises the best way to beat a fighter is to outbox and outsmart and dont to try and fight a fighter.
I'm no AJ fan I'm a boxing fan. That vvanker Eddie Hearn can shoulder some of the blame.
When you get to the top of your trade you need to fight the very best around you or complacency sets in and the total lack of motivation fighting lesser opponents.
Wilder V Tyson 2 is booked in for Nov 2019 while Hearn still scours the lower ranks for safe bet fights but sadly he got it on so wrong and AJ just couldn't get out of bed for it.

Ruiz has some chin. The first knock down delivered from Aj would have finished many a fighter .Agree Aj looked out of sorts and heartless

True but it's not often straight jab punches that hit straight in the face ko. They stun and push you back which happened to Ruiz, he was dazed for a split second like a large slap.

It's the behind the ear or top of the head rabbit type punches or long looping overhead punches that do the damage the temporal lobe/balance been the sweet spot the exact same spot Ruiz hit Joshua which made his legs go.

Like I said, there was lots of factors that led to his downfall and when they were all added together it was a recipe for a disastrous night for AJ.

I'm sure next time round AJ will marshmallow his face first before finishing him late on and resist a brawl which was his undoing. He just needs to use his jab at distance because Ruiz walks forward in straight lines.

I also think he needs a change of camp his whole training regime and backroom staff need a revamp just to refresh his mind. I'm sure someone like Lewis could show him a thing or two

Wilder V Tyson 2 is booked in for Nov 2019 while Hearn still scours the lower ranks for safe bet fights but sadly he got it on so wrong and AJ just couldn't get out of bed for it.

Didn't wilder announce he is fighting Ortiz around then?? Fury is next year and that's if we are lucky due to the TV deals they have with competing companies

I'm not a boxing fan, but it sounds as if a fat bloke who probably enjoys fighting, who probably had an upbringing that centred on fighting, took out a bloke who was properly trained as a boxer?

No contest. I give ingrained life lessons a far better chance than a boxer taught to fight!

Didn't wilder announce he is fighting Ortiz around then?? Fury is next year and that's if we are lucky due to the TV deals they have with competing companies
Wilder v Tyson late this year which makes a mockery of Eddie Hearn

I'm not a boxing fan, but it sounds as if a fat bloke who probably enjoys fighting, who probably had an upbringing that centred on fighting, took out a bloke who was properly trained as a boxer?

No contest. I give ingrained life lessons a far better chance than a boxer taught to fight!
There are many people who thought they could fight until they brought it to the ring. It's called the art of boxing for a reason ;)
Ruiz started his training as a boxer at the age of 7 whereas AJ started at 18.

AJ could learn an awful lot from Lewis, his feet and movement was top draw which added to his power. AJ needs to loosen up and probably lose 7lbs-10lbs. Lennox Lewis was for me one of the greatest boxing technicians out there with power to boot (take note of the feet and movement to avoid punches):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Heavyweight saga continues this weekend with Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz at the MGM Grand Las Vegas on bt ppv and Josh Warrington vs Kid Galahad live from Leeds on bt. Saturday night will be FIRE.:cool:

Always good to see you popping in and out @Quickness
Always up to speed on boxing front with good info/images/trailers/views.
🙂

Yes looking forward to saturday, of course the main card is highlight.
Seeing videos like this on HBO you cant help think the man achieved more than boxing skills with his troubled past.

Below credits go to HBO sports:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back