Gypsies On Benefits And Proud

I would just like to point out that unless you can trace your ancestry back to the ancient Britons or Celts before the romans conquered the south of britain we are all immigrants not that I condone people who have not contributed to the country in taxes getting benefits and housing just by turning up at the claimants entrance.

Really depends on if you start drawing history lines for convenience. Ancient humans are thought to originate in Africa, so in a sense,
everyone elsewhere is an immigrant. Not sure I altogether buy that, but no one really knows, and if we did, would it matter?
As far as I know, the later Anglo? / Celt split wasn't a "racial" thing, just about territory, though still used politically to create artificial division.
The Romans, Saxons, and Normans, came with force, to a lesser extent so did the Vikings (by this time "racial" groups had names).

The difference this time is that it's by infiltration, aided by commerce and a self centered political class. Immigration has some benefits,
but it has to be done at a pace broadly acceptable, and the net worth realistically and honestly assessed.

In simplest terms, we should get to choose our own "friends" as a country, just as we do as individuals.
And we already have too many people, how is more a good thing, under any pretext ?

Quick! Everyone back to Gondwana!

That's a bit before anything ancestor-like was knocking about round there.

just a couple of points as i dont want to go too far and get banned and branded a raciest
firstly apart from agreeing with most of the comments uk borders should imho be shut to let the country find where it is at
secondly most of us read the original post and think what is going on and what is this gov doing
thirdly there are just as many people born here who are just as bad
i know of a guy near me who is a depressed alcoholic ( yer right more like a piss head that dont want to work and is happier getting pissed )
sorry just my 2 pennies

They talk about saving £40k and then going back to whence they came. It won't stop there though as they will still claim child benefit for their numerous offspring and probably many more that don't exist and will probably come here for NHS treatment.

just a couple of points as i dont want to go too far and get banned and branded a raciest
firstly apart from agreeing with most of the comments uk borders should imho be shut to let the country find where it is at
secondly most of us read the original post and think what is going on and what is this gov doing
thirdly there are just as many people born here who are just as bad
i know of a guy near me who is a depressed alcoholic ( yer right more like a piss head that dont want to work and is happier getting pissed )
sorry just my 2 pennies

It's a opinion, and we're all entitled to one, no need to apologize M8. In most cases, it's not racist, more cultural "mission creep" and sheer numbers.:)

We've been persistently brow beaten to accept it as progress, despite the inevitable result. The enthusiasts are usually not affected, or think we should
be more tolerant on principle, nothing wrong with that, but it needs to work both ways. How far that's finally penetrated remains to be seen.

Nothing wrong with tolerance, nothing wrong with progress. What's the problem with questions?

They talk about saving £40k and then going back to whence they came. It won't stop there though as they will still claim child benefit for their numerous offspring and probably many more that don't exist and will probably come here for NHS treatment.
The ability to save £40K would be just a dream for many on here.

I wish them equal success, despite their better odds in a system apparently designed from a padded cell.

Nothing wrong with tolerance, nothing wrong with progress. What's the problem with questions?
It depends on who's asking. In this case, and many others, it's avoidance of the question, to avoid admitting you can't act on the predictable answer.

I wonder how long before the Eurocrats condescend to state visits, to see the "natives", like Good Ole Betty and offspring?:)

I wish them equal success, despite their better odds in a system apparently designed from a padded cell.

Designed by the last government, that woman with 11 kids and 11 grand kids saying it never used to be like this when she got sanctioned.

And the family coming here straight into a house round to the local supermarket shoplifting and there was people on here not so long ago when another thread was brought up about the same issue saying this would not happen.

Designed by the last government, that woman with 11 kids and 11 grand kids saying it never used to be like this when she got sanctioned.

And the family coming here straight into a house round to the local supermarket shoplifting and there was people on here not so long ago when another thread was brought up about the same issue saying this would not happen.

Sorry M8, on the outside of a few but I can usually decipher anyway...what you on about???

The fact is there was very little immigration to the UK before the 1900's, we are talking the in the low thousands and they never mixed with the local population.

Fact? Please don't use that word unless you know what you're talking about. :NoNo:

The Irish immigration numbers to the UK, 1840-1900 are in the hundreds of thousands. It's estimated that at least 100,000 Russian Jews arrived in Britain in the 19th Century. In the 17th Century around 50,000 Huegenots sought refuge here as did about 13,000 German Palatines.

I could go on. (I won't)

Back