For the attention of all uk residents with the exeption of people living in Scotland

Do you want to see Scotland gain independance

• yes

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • no

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • undecided

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: For the attention of all uk residents with the exeption of people living in Scotl

Sadly, it appears that opinions cannot be freely held? Unless, of course, they are correct ;)

For the attention of all uk residents with the exeption of people living in S...

lm not that bothered if they do or dont , but l think the scotts may wish they hadnt left the uk , l have a feeling alot of companies will leave , theres even talk of the banks moving so they can get uk bail outs if the shit hits the fan

Last edited:
Re: For the attention of all uk residents with the exeption of people living in Scotl

Sadly, it appears that opinions cannot be freely held? Unless, of course, they are correct ;)

Time will tell. The whole thing is becoming farceicle :(
My head is in a pickle with the lot of it.

TBH, what worries me is the polarisation. I don't have a problem with a devolution view, in fact it's good from my perspective. Not just for Scotland but better for the whole of the UK if we had the option to make decisions that would be beneficial locally.

What gives me a problem is the vocal minority attacking (literally) those who oppose Independence. It's a free vote, majority decision, how can that be so if you can't vote freely in case you get slapped for not voting 'correctly'?

Seems to me it will all end badly :(

Me too ! It's like having a house full of double glazing salesmen.:Biggrin2:

TBH, what worries me is the polarisation. I don't have a problem with a devolution view, in fact it's good from my perspective. Not just for Scotland but better for the whole of the UK if we had the option to make decisions that would be beneficial locally.

What gives me a problem is the vocal minority attacking (literally) those who oppose Independence. It's a free vote, majority decision, how can that be so if you can't vote freely in case you get slapped for not voting 'correctly'?

Seems to me it will all end badly :(
The hope was that the quiet "don't knows" would opt for the late devo max offer and vote No.
Today's transparent impassioned pleas are likely to have the opposite effect. Would you trust that trio on devo max?

I'm getting suspicious about the "knife edge" polls, and if it really is that close. We'll find out on the night, but whichever way
it goes, roughly half of Scotland is going to be pissed off, and the other half probably pissed up, so it should be pretty volatile.

Fortunately the Church of Scotland is planning a re conciliation service. :)

The hope was that the quiet "don't knows" would opt for the late devo max offer and vote No.
Today's transparent impassioned pleas are likely to have the opposite effect. Would you trust that trio on devo max?

I'm getting suspicious about the "knife edge" polls, and if it really is that close. We'll find out on the night, but whichever way
it goes, roughly half of Scotland is going to be pissed off, and the other half probably pissed up, so it should be pretty volatile.

Fortunately the Church of Scotland is planning a re conciliation service. :)

You sure you aint Irish?

You sure you aint Irish?
I am :)

As for the poll, as I don't watch the news (and live in my own wee bubble half the time ) I didn't know about this. Up to themselves but I think it'd be a silly move

Catholics to the chambers soon !!

I don't believe the shift in the polls and seriously cannot see a yes vote.

scotland has a lot to offer but how can it stay in the pound and have its currency controlled by the bank if England, though could adopt the Hong Kong method and launch a pound linked to sterling.

i don't believe the No campaign when they say they will not offer the scots the pound as I believe they still will, but I think that would not be the best for Scotland to have no control.

what I don't like the is how in the last week the 3 main parties in England have been falling over themselves to bribe Scotland to stay with a load of new measures expected to be put in place.

I really don't care which way the vote goes but as a Tory voter a yes vote for an independent Scotland makes a stronger impact on the future polls for my party over the others so if a yes vote I think the Labour Party lose most.

scotland has whiskey and oil but I still believe pulls more from Westminster than adds so independence will not be as easy as the yes campaign are saying.
big business has said they have contingency plans if a yes vote, why?? Well they believe. A yes vote would be detrimental to the economic landscape of Scotland and thus want to retain the pound and central government tax plans for security, that will undermine the yes campaign and calculated tax incomes and revenues and impact thus the tax savings they are talking up.

not a strong debater and not really sure on the truth from the crap in this debate but those are my simple views.

yep that was democratic refarendum right enough !

Option one was to reunify with Russia.
Option two was to declare de facto independence from the rest of Ukraine.
Option three – to remain as part of Ukraine as before – did not have a box.
Perhaps not surprisingly, therefore, most of those who turned out to vote yesterday were firmly in favour of the options for which there was a box to tick.
True, and it's one of the many reasons vote was illegal under international law, but that doesn't alter the 83% turn out and a 96% vote to rejoin Russia.

lm not that bothered if yes or no

Back