flashing Galaxy ace back to samsung f/w

marra

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, i got a refurb s5830 and when i use kies it tells me theres a upgrade but when i go through the process it downloads etc but when it goes to flash the new f/w to the phone it comes up with an error the only thing it shows on my phone is a black screen with downloading in green writing i tried factory reset and then flashing again but no matter what i do i can get no further, when ive checked in kies it says

the current version is not an official release.
firmware upgrade for non official versions is not supported.

when i type *#1234# i get

PDA : S5380xwkb7
PHONE : S5380XXKB1
CSC : S5830XEUKC2

ive been to samfirmware.com to try and get the official f/w but tbh i havent a clue my idea was to flash back to samsung f/w so i can upgrade in keis to the latest f/w but i dont know which is the correct one to get the one thats on now says its android version 2.2.1 so i was looking to put the samsung 2.2.1 on.

I downloaded S5570_Odin+Multi+Downloader+v4.38 which was linked on the site and i read through the tut but im lost with the files can anyone point me in the right direction please and also how i go about flashing it reading the tut it dosent look like rocket science but i dont want to brick it having not even made a call on it yet lol, cheers any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
sorry to double post but ive managed to find the right f/w i think but the tut im following for odin says i need binary files which i dont have ive downloaded
S5830XWKC3_OXXKB6_XXKB1 and when unziped i have a tar file im pretty sure i use that as a tar but even if i do unzip it the binary files arent in there.
surely someone as flashed one of these to stock before or used keis to upgrade there phone in the past, any help would be great, cheers.

Back