Fixed - Get Your Keys

I tried the interface update didnt work as follows..

Running DW2.0

1)Wiped clean keylist.txt
2) AU set to 01
3) ran evocmd, waited, then rebooted box.
4) checked keylists.txt, still empty
5) checked AU is on 01
6) tried this a few times and with cam set to none

...yet no keys.

Im sure I can FTP to the box and update the keylist.txt manually.. just not sure what to put in the file, can anyone send me theirs? or let me know what to put inside the file ...... thanks

I tried the interface update didnt work as follows..

Running DW2.0

1)Wiped clean keylist.txt
2) AU set to 01
3) ran evocmd, waited, then rebooted box.
4) checked keylists.txt, still empty
5) checked AU is on 01
6) tried this a few times and with cam set to none

...yet no keys.

Im sure I can FTP to the box and update the keylist.txt manually.. just not sure what to put in the file, can anyone send me theirs? or let me know what to put inside the file ...... thanks

The only thing i can suggest is start again.. Re-flash your box and go through the guide again.. you might have missed something. I know its a pain dude but it defo works.

Hey Nine - thanks for the advice i redone everything AND i plugged the dreambox directly into the main cable feed and it updated!

i was attempting to update via a secondary feed of the main (T connection) .. apprantley that was the problem.

All working now.. cheers

Hey Nine - thanks for the advice i redone everything AND i plugged the dreambox directly into the main cable feed and it updated!

i was attempting to update via a secondary feed of the main (T connection) .. apprantley that was the problem.

All working now.. cheers

Good Man :)

if you can't get keys after you delate them or showing (0) go to ppv channel and restart the camd. you will get some keys back.

Help guys I really need some help - DESPERATELY!!

I have followed the guides so far - I have looked through the posts - honest and am now getting very frustrated. I deleted all my keys last night and did not have any luck in reloading any new ones after restarting Evocamd 2.12.
Tonight I have upgraded to DW 2.0, a total re-flash of the box so that I lost all my bouquets etc, did a rescan and hey presto - nothing still, it just looks nicer.

When I go into var/keys/keys.txt it has a number next to it ranging from 71 to sometimes 142, but when I execute the command, the file shows me no keys. In fact all folders/files in the /keys directory show that they are empty.

I had keys before I deleted them (I know that sounds obvious), but I need to sort mine out as my parents also have the same box, and when I checked theirs today, they had no keys at all, and I hadnt even touched theirs!

Yours Desperately

Thanks for the help so far everybody, this really is an amazing place and I know I'll get there in the end

The number beside the files is the file size in bytes. You do not execute the files in the keys folder. You do not say whether you are looking in the folder through ftp from a pc, or using tuxbox commander.

If you are using tuxbox commander, do not execute the file 'keylist.txt'. Instead, when you have it selected, press '4' to edit it.

Thanks Haladini

I am using Tuxbox commander, and sure enough I pressed 4 and I have 2 keys. Thank you very much, something so simple - my apologies for being a dumb a**

I'll see how I get on from here

Cheers

Just to report that everything is now back on and working, a huge thanks to everyone who has helped me with this,

Cheers:Clap::banana::BLOBBY::Cheers:

Yeah I got mine workng too. Donation coming DW way ;)

Excellant guide Ninelives.

I manged to work out the key change using the above, without Bigmaq (not updated with new key change yet for N*L IReland).

Just perform all the steps above but instead of bigmaq step change char 9 of key 01 in Keylist.txt from A to B
This should work for you.

Rgrds
Tradman

excellent work - but has anyone got a guide for the old neutrino images? i.e. Neutrino 4

I used the file browser to edit the keys in my uk05 image. As it uses mgcamd the keys are in the softcam.key file. The rest is as per the tuts.

with anyone experience.. up till last night everything was hunky dory.. however it went off in the afternoon..

I have followed all steps.. (worked previously) but not working now..

are the keys in extra cp correct ??

can someone PM me keys for pure ENTL.. also how can the keys be taken from a subbed box ??

Back