Favourite Food

haggis supper drenched in salt and vinegar with a pickle

or

pizza crunch supper drenched in salt and vinegar with a pickle

pure qulity so it is

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Tried a Gordon Ramsay effort from friday's cookalong yesterday lol.
Steak diane and it was great.
Easy to make and good fun too lol. esp the brandy flombay bit.
Used nice cuts of sirlion but im gonna try it with fillet next time.

Cookalong?

I didn't realise you were a homosexual Ian?

:)

mines has to be proper indian food , not the stuff from the take aways i mean the real home made stuff .

Yes i do like a homemade curry myself m8 also like a takeaway or a sit in but some are better than others. Charing cross in Glasgow used to be good for a nice curry but i havent been there for a while so not sure if it still is.
Tried one in whitburn a few weeks ago and it was exellent best ive eaten for a while. Tam Cowan (sunday mail) rated it as one of the best a while back.

i worked in a indian resturant for years . started of learning the tandoori then on to the range . was like starting all over again as a commi but it was somthing i wanted to learn . but apart from learning the food they serve there . i became friends with the head chef and he taught me the proper ways of cooking the food like they do when they are cooking in their homes . we ended up doing a few indian weddings and i have to say their food and most of their culture still to this day amazes me .

i worked in a indian resturant for years . started of learning the tandoori then on to the range . was like starting all over again as a commi but it was somthing i wanted to learn . but apart from learning the food they serve there . i became friends with the head chef and he taught me the proper ways of cooking the food like they do when they are cooking in their homes . we ended up doing a few indian weddings and i have to say their food and most of their culture still to this day amazes me .

Maybe if you get time m8 you could post up some recipes for us to try out. Im sure there a good few of us who would like to try them out:Cheers:

ill do that m8 .on weds night when im off . just tell me what you want ill do it . an easy onis the rice dishes like biryani .even a novice cook could do this

I fancy making pakora (veg) if you have any good recpies and tips also the chilli sauce you get with it

Maybe if you get time m8 you could post up some recipes for us to try out. Im sure there a good few of us who would like to try them out:Cheers:

Yes i would definitely be up for that mate do a homemade curry at least once a week.

I fancy making pakora (veg) if you have any good recpies and tips also the chilli sauce you get with it

I make my own pakora - loads better than the local Indian.

For about 20 pieces

Chop 1 onion finely
Grate 1 medium potato - I don't bother peeling it
I tsp cumin powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
Depending how hot you want it - 1tsp chilli powder
Large pinch salt
Add gram (chickpea) flour - not loads then mix around
Add a little water then a little more flour - enough to coat everything and make it stick together.

I've used this same mix with chicken as well.

I cook mine in a wok with hot oil.
Make sure the oil is hot before you put the pakora in.
Use a teaspoon and add a spoonful to the oil. I put in around 10 at a time.

For the dip

2 -3 dessert spoons of natural yoghurt
a good squirt of tomato sauce
1 spoon chili powder
You can add chopped mint if you want.

:eatarrow:

Back