Bus queues

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
Just done some food shopping and I get the bus. Our local councils seem determined to finance the most ludicrous bus station layouts where it almost seems to destroy the notion of queueing by its very design. People are also to blame and I thing some are getting more stupid by the day.

Imagine a waiting area with seats next to a door to the concourse, the door to the concourse also has a partitioned channel into the building so people alighting the bus can move into the building without having to squeeze past the people boarding the bus. Sounds good in practice.

I arrived at the waiting area and some seats were taken but I don't like to sit anyway so stood with the seats between myself and the concourse door. Some people turn up and sat down, more people turn up and decide to stand in the channel intended for people alighting.

Bus turns up 15 minutes later, late, no one in the seating area seems to be moving much so I start walking towards the door and some others twig on that the bus is here and get up. Woman, ~55, seated right next to the door now decides to stand up so I'm hanging over her shoulder while she lets about 12 people that weren't even in the queue (actually in the alighting bit and arrived about a minute before the bus) onto the ****ing bus in front of everyone. Woman behind me started muttering about it and I got a bit annoyed, vocally, and barged past her and onto the bus with large amounts of shopping.

Why do people do this? It has happened a few times to me. It does not make sense. Did she feel good about letting people on the bus in front of her? What about all the people behind her that got annoyed because they had been waiting longer? Are these people impervious to negativity and just feed on the good things they do?

I could write an essay on queueing for busses.

I often get one from my town's main interchange, unfortunately. If you wait outside you have to stand next to the smokers. If you wait in the waiting area you might not get on the bus, if you wait next to the door but inside you get accused of jumping the queue! This happened to me, I was waiting, bus came saw no-one moving towards it so I boarded and when I was showing the driver my pass some old ****er tried to grab my pass because he thought he and his wife were first ONTO AN EMPTY ****ING BUS (I'd been there at least 8 minutes before them but not at the seats). Physically tried several times to stop me showing the driver my pass! An argument ensued much to the driver's amusement and he has done this to me ****ING TWICE, same ****ING bloke! I sat behind him for the journey, right behind him ;).

What happened to queues? Are we borrowing queueing technology of the Chinese now (the idea of a queue seems somewhat lost on them)? I don't mind waiting but I expect queues to work on a principle of chronological order of arrival at said queue. That is, first there first served etcetera! Some ****er jumped under the Tensabarrier in the supermarket the other month in front of me and he clearly saw me entering the basket line. I had words in the ear of this **** although I did consider wrapping a bottle of wine around his head at the time.

AAAAAArrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh.

Relax, comforted by the knowledge that the wine is intact and should now be in the glass (or down your neck) ;)

Relax, comforted by the knowledge that the wine is intact and should now be in the glass (or down your neck) ;)

I'm getting to the stage where I have to tranquilise myself before and after the shopping experience. I'd have home delivery but I don't trust them to pick the best stuff with the best use-by date.

believe me, car drivers don't have it any easier

Solution >

Online Shopping > Home delivery > Fook the bus :)

Solution >

Online Shopping > Home delivery > Fook the bus :)

I can't @Bronto, I like to flip throught food like I'm choosing CDs. All packets of chicken, turkey, cheese or bread are not equal!

I was perusing the boxes of cooked chicken once and noticed an elderly woman was waiting. Feeling a bit guilty I let her in as I wasn't done selecting the best ones. NEVER AGAIN! She did exactly the same, looking at every packet, each use-by and I had to stand and wait... Things like this make me look like a selfish person but everything I do to be nice to someone backfires and inconveniences me.

Never let an old person on a bus in front of you if you have a pass that you only have to flash at the driver. In my experience I can be sat upstairs while the old dear is still fishing her pass out the bottom of her bag with a massive line behind her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't @Bronto, I like to flip throught food like I'm choosing CDs. All packets of chicken, turkey, cheese or bread are not equal!

I was perusing the boxes of cooked chicken once and noticed an elderly woman was waiting. Feeling a bit guilty I let her in as I wasn't done selecting the best ones. NEVER AGAIN! She did exactly the same, looking at every packet, each use-by and I had to stand and wait... Things like this make me look like a selfish person but everything I do to be nice to someone backfires and inconveniences me.

Never let an old person on a bus in front of you if you have a pass that you only have to flash at the driver. In my experience I can be sat upstairs while the old dear is still fishing her pass out the bottom of her bag with a massive line behind her.

Moaning coont lol One day you'll be an old git and can't remember where you put your bus pass ffs If I'm still breathing by then I'll post and tek the p!ss ;) Perusing the cooked chicken??? Bollocks to that, fresh chicken (least liquid in the pack), cut and freeze as soon as you get home, job done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back